lockout guaranteed?

undaimee

AFTER reading the article, what do you think will hapen?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. AFTER reading the article, what do you think will hapen?

• Lockout of the NHL season
    • Shortened NHL season
    • NHL season with fewer star players
    • THere is not going to be a lockout, everything will be normal

The WHA draft has no bearing on whether or not there will be a lockout. Now, do I think both sides are stupid enough to let it happen? Yes...but they would do it with or without the existance of the WHA.

It means the WHA is no more than a glorified fantasy league, making believe that this draft actually has validity.

Seriously, if Brad Richards says he'll play for the WHA, but only if he can play for Toronto, will the league keep him in Florida? Or will it appease a Conn Smythe winner looking to add star power to the league?

Better yet:

The Canucks' Todd Bertuzzi was drafted sixth by a team without a city -- now known as the founders' franchise.

Jesus...does this league even know how to make ice?

<JESTER>

I could see a few star players signing with the WHA with a contingency plan in their contracts. In other words if the NHL season DID happen, they'd be out of the WHA before the first NHL puck dropped. So no, I don't think it'll change anything involving the lockout.

And no, I don't think there will be a lockout. I'm very optimistic.

Yes, there will be a lockout. For how long, nobody knows. The two sides are very far apart.

I actually hope the WHA has some success because that would serve as a wakeup call to the NHL and make it work harder.

i hate to say it...but its done...its done...its over...NHL might end up being the ABA of hockey

Are you saying that because the NHL might kill itself off if there's a protracted lockout? Or are you saying that because you fear the WHA might actually amount to something?

The NHL might eat itself, but there is no way that the WHA will amount to anything.

They have a $15M salary cap and most of these teams couldn't raise $15K. This is a parody of a league. I feel bad for Bobby, sullying his own name like this.

I say 48-55 game season.

And whoever wins the cup gets an asterix!*

*-According to Rangers fans, unless they ofcourse win it then the statement will be void.**

**-The season will be null and void if said Rangers win the cup.

That's more Flyers fans at this point DM. They still bring it up on other boards. On another note ... you should see the debate on the AOL Devil board between those two groups of fans. It's really heated that it even spread to our Ranger board at one point.