2015 Draft Thread

thefiestygoat

per TG

So Devils choose between pick 109 this year or Ottawa's third in 2016. In addiiton to pick 42 this year.

if we can still land Sprong there well im happy. i'd use the 109th pick this year. its gonna be the best pick we can get from Ottawa IMO and the kid will be ready sooner and its a deep draft so

Edited by SterioDesign

It is what it is. BPA perhaps, when Blackwood is 'ready' Schneider is towards the end of his deal - so fine. They got 2 young top 6 forwards last night in addition to Kalinin, so whatever. Still though, I want forwards. 15 minutes before the pick I said I wanted a G in this draft, so we got one. 

we picked..........a goalie...........

i was fine with everything until this? i mean WHAT? you see somewhat established goalies been swap for decently cheap all the time... and we need forwards like theres no tomorrow and we pick a goalie? and leave a bunch of potential scorers out there.... come on

Edited by SterioDesign

Only way this is acceptable is if they are looking to shop Cory and I dont see that happening .Thats the only reason you get a good goalie in this draft. BS pick.

lol this is silly, it's not like blackwood would replace Cory anytime soon anyway. This is a move for 4-5 years down the line. I'm not a fan just because backup goalies are easy to find and we have more pressing needs but to be fair our goalie depth in the org is terrible after Kinkaid.

At least he's a big boy, 6'4".

Fair deal, basically a late 2nd and early 3rd for talbot. Much more realistic than 16th overall that some rags fans thought they'd get lol.

That being said it just feels like another stopgap for Edmonton in net, maybe talbot will keep it up but the oil defense is a much different makeup then NYR.

I will say this: I remember back in 2005 when Montreal drafted Price, they got ripped because they were set in goal. Years later, pretty sure most Habs fans are happy they took him. Here's hoping Blackwood is half as good as Price lol.

Edited by MadDog2020