Hockey Pet Peeves

devspage

I've seen about five of them on the board today, so I'll collect them all together and vent:

1. When the media asks a guy a question, and everyone says the guy is whining about whatever the answer is.

2. People saying players are looking ahead to another game. They're playing a game, trying to put the puck in the opposite net and keeping it out of theirs. I hardly think they're thinking about another game two days away.

3. Losing in a poor effort

4. Losing (well, I don't like it anyway)

5. Mario gets what he wants... leads the lead in scoring... and plays until he's 60. Gretzky can now come out of retirement.

6. TV announcers who say things like "It's good to see that for the Rangers" and "I don't think anyone doesn't feel good for McLennan". (Guess again, buddy.)

Now I forgot half of them. Oh well, I can always add on later.

I can think of one off the top of my head that hadnt been mentioned thought it is kinda stupid and more an opinion thing. With me, it annoys me when announcers are like "Wow, what an incredible save by (insert name)!", when it was actually more of a luck thing or it just wasn't that great of a save.

I love Doc...but I get so annoyed when he tries to make a game out of it in the last 20 seconds...I think it's especially annoying because he's so infectious! You can't help but get that "you gotta believe" mindset when Docs screaming about how so and so is making a shot and so and so is right in front of the net and...they are NOT gonna do it Doc! The game IS over...why do you give me this lame false hope we'll score???

:saddevil:

(1) Patrick Roy power-skating to the locker room after a period.

(2) The ass-kissing of Roy, Lemieux, Borque, etc.

(3) Gary Thorne & Bill Clement

(4) Barry Melrose

(5) Sam Rosen & Jon Davidson

(6) Stan Fischler and his senile ranting and "let me coach" attitude.

(7) The Maven and his "I'd rather be anywhere but here" glazed look when talking to said above senile crazypants.

(8) Philadelphia sports fans.

(9) Philadelphia sports teams.

(10) Mike Danton

(11) Eric Lindros

(12) Anything from Toronto.

(13) Wait, anything from Canada, except this sport.

I hate when stupid people go to games and sit behind me and talk on their cell phones the whole game and then they talk to the people next to me REALLY loud and tell them the wrong information, while their daughter is screaming in my frickin ear and their son is kicking me to death. And when dudes stand up to get t-shirts from the devil guy and I can't see the game at all and their beer bellies are leaning against me, choking me to death. And then everyone goes to get more to drink during the intermission and dump it on me in the beginning of the next period when they try and rush to their seats. And when people stare at me from their seats and don't come and say hello but tell me they saw me.... sorry scott ;)

And...

Derian Hatcher

Tie Domi

Luke Richardson

Eric Lindros

Mario Lemieux

all Flyers

all Rangers

and all their fans

:D

Also....

- When people over-anaylze things

- When people lie just to be better than someone else

- When people try to make you feel bad by telling you a million times about the same thing

- When I get bored and keep typing about nonesense for these weird threads...............

(13) Wait, anything from Canada, except this sport.

im from canada :(:( :(

anywho, heres mine

1) ass kissing of the big name players

2) WHEN EX-DEVILS GET HAT TRICKS ON ANOTHER FREAKIN TEAM!!!

3)when everyone says ur favourite player sucks

4)guys with heads like bowling balls

5) when one of ur teams most important players goes to ur teams arch nemisis (sp?)

6) cheap shots aka D'Arcy Tucker

Ass kissing by commentators to the likes of Mary-O and others (Hasek, Gretzky and Bourque prime examples).

PK, that is part of Doc's job. I know what you mean completely but we still gotta love him for it!

People who sit on seat #3 and I am in #15 and feel the need to walk all the way the hell over to get out of the row by crossing by me.

Ass kissing by commentators to the likes of Mary-O and others (Hasek, Gretzky and Bourque prime examples).

No kidding... that's one huge reason I don't really like the Avs that much now. Not just because they beat us in the finals, but that nauseating Bourque b.s. :puke:

Some of the most biased, one-sided hockey commentating I've EVER seen!!! (add the sh!tsburgh/NJ conference finals too... Mary-o lovefest)

PK, that is part of Doc's job. I know what you mean completely but we still gotta love him for it!

I know -- but he's too darned good at it! With anyone else I just laugh and say keep dreamin' but with Doc I think Oh MY GOSH - THEY'RE REALLY GONNA DO IT THIS TIME!!

You know what I really hate are the ESPN guys who talk through the game...they're telling a stupid story about odering lunch at a hot dog stand or something and then they say "Oh...and it looks like we've had a goal -- heh heh that was so fast I almost missed it" Yeah right -- First off you DID miss it moron and no, it wasn't fast you just weren't paying attention!

and this smilie face -- it annoys the heck out of me : ;) I mean what kind of a wink is that? REALLY?!?!? ;) It's a smilie taking an eye exam is what it is "Uhh...e..b..d..f...d..no, I mean, h."

and I hate how spazzy and retarded I get before a big game! And I hate that my baby kicks for the Rangers but is quiet as a church mouse for the Devils...think it's because she's trying to hear though? Yeah...when she's out in the world and things aren't so muffled she'll dance around for the Devils! Well...we'll see if she still has the hots for Ralfie tonight. He's going to score one for her...but I didn't tell her that..in fact I didn't tell him that either :evil: but he is!

No kidding... that's one huge reason I don't really like the Avs that much now. Not just because they beat us in the finals, but that nauseating Bourque b.s. :puke:

Some of the most biased, one-sided hockey commentating I've EVER seen!!! (add the sh!tsburgh/NJ conference finals too... Mary-o lovefest)

Yep, that was disgusting then (the Avs) and continues to be (Mario) now.

I can't stand it!!! Yes, I understand what these people are to the game. But there are lots of great stories left unsaid.

If someone like Bourque had worn someone's jersey backwards in honor of his teammate being in the hospital, you'd better believe that more than the local media would be going on about that FOR-EV-ER and still showing it today....