GDT - Devils vs Bruins - 1/8/2016

NJDfan1711

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I heard Cory on the drive home on the radio say that he needed to be better tonight especially with all the injuries that he's the one who has to step it up. 

He  really is a class act 

Reminds me of Chico in that way...Chico knew he had some god-awful teams playing in front of him, but would never criticize them and would always say that he needed to play his best to give his teammates the best chance to win.  

I think most fans knew deep down that what we're seeing was only a matter of time, but were in plausible denial because the record looked pretty good when it was 20-14-5, and because some guys were having "easy to root for/get behind" fun kind of seasons.  But the carriage is turning back into a pumpkin in a big way, and the obvious issues are rearing their most fugly heads:  the team simply can't withstand any key injuries, and despite Albany having a good year, there's too many AAAA-types down there who aren't going to help the big club.  Just no organizational depth.  

It was fun while it lasted though.  Would still be fun to see Palmieri flirt with 30 goals.  And Cory with 30 wins.  

14 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Cory had a bad night. I can tolerate that when he's been fantastic all year. I can't tolerate the row of fvcknuts chanting "We Want Kinkaid" behind me. I hope all of them get stuck in traffic in the way home, and decide to go for late night fast food, but their favorite thing on the menu isn't available, so they go home sad.

and get fvcking murdered.

LOL, this made me laugh. and I needed that after this "Albany" vs the boston bruins loss

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I wonder if there is any franchise in sports who have a large portion of fans talk so negatively about their greatest franchise player who lead them to 3 titles.  I know you're saying it in jest (I think), but the amount of negative talk about Marty around here is mind boggling. Part of me wishes we didn't get Schnieder so this fan base could experience what it's like to have a bad goalie for a long stretch. Maybe then they would appreciate the damn near SEVEN HUNDRED WINS he gave this franchise.

I think the people who are negative on him are in the vast minority. 

I love the guy, he was my first favorite player and gave me way too many good memories. I can't wait for February 9th. 

54 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I think the people who are negative on him are in the vast minority. 

I love the guy, he was my first favorite player and gave me way too many good memories. I can't wait for February 9th. 

Yup, Marty was a confident and competitive SOB! a big part of what made him such a winner! it also made the team a winner! it was great to have him as a devil for all those years of success

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I wonder if there is any franchise in sports who have a large portion of fans talk so negatively about their greatest franchise player who lead them to 3 titles.  I know you're saying it in jest (I think), but the amount of negative talk about Marty around here is mind boggling. Part of me wishes we didn't get Schnieder so this fan base could experience what it's like to have a bad goalie for a long stretch. Maybe then they would appreciate the damn near SEVEN HUNDRED WINS he gave this franchise.

I think the more vehement Marty-bashers have backed off and quieted down...time always heals, and the less pleasant/more cringeworthy moments of his late Devil career pale in comparison to what came before, and I think almost to a fan just about everyone realizes that now.  There's just too many great moments to reflect on and enjoy.  Whatever some fans insist on being annoyed with him about, they should get over it after the retirement ceremony...such events have a way of making the far more special achievements and moments the permanent focus. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I loved Marty and always appreciated him. But him rarely taking blame always stuck in my craw - especially later in his career. 

21 hours ago, sundstrom said:

I loved Marty and always appreciated him. But him rarely taking blame always stuck in my craw - especially later in his career. 

This is all I was expressing.  And Brodeur played for the Devils for 20 years and never played for a team this bad.