Looking for Devils fans for tv pilot

Chris A.

My name is Chris Aurilio, and I'm putting together a pilot for a new tv show about sports fans, team culture and the weird and rare items - shirts, gear and give-aways - that every team has created over the years.  The show is a funny and positive look at fandom. Each episode will be a celebration of what makes these teams great. Especially the unique, rare qualities that distinguish them from the rest of the teams in their leagues.  It's going to be hosted by our co-creator Erick Hellwig - a huge sports fan who has a strong love for vintage memorabilia. He's especially drawn to t-shirts with old logos and colors and stuff from defunct teams. His search for these rare gems will be the goal of every episode. We're focusing first on the Devils and New Jersey, with a plan to shoot in a few weeks as the season winds down.

We're looking for:
- interesting fans or fan stories, what's yours?
- people who we must talk to in terms of Devils fans/fanatics
- stores or vendors that specialize in Devils gear, especially old stuff

If you're interested in helping be a shepherd for us, please let us know! 

We're looking to be pointed in the direction of the experts/collectors/die-hards, and folks who are all about the NJ Devils.  We would be very grateful for any help and guidance the die-hards could offer. Reply here or email joesclassproductions@gmail.com 

Oh boy this could be a spectacular disaster if you get a hold of some of these whack jobs on some of the Facebook groups.

@DevsMan84 has a huge collection of jerseys and probably some rare ones in there. Only tagging ya in case you're interested lol

Definitely keep us posted on this project, while I'm not interested in being on it I would definitely watch some of the hockey episodes. 

Thanks for the endorsement guys.

I wouldn't mind showing some of my stuff, but I would need more details about the show as well.  Also, there are current and past posters here who have equally as good if not better game worn jersey/item collections than me believe it or not.  I could also see if possibly they would be interested though no guarantees.

I have seen CR1976's man-cave and he has some really nice stuff even just hanging on the wall there as well as the man-cave itself.  It is one of the two nicest man-caves I have ever seen.

• Like 1

This is all awesome, thanks so much! 

@DevsMan84, It's a comedy about the host Erick searching for that special piece, meeting the fans and experiencing the culture--and he's really into shirts. It's very positive, he's very funny. We are in need of a "shepherd," who will get a chance to chat about the team, show off their collection and interact with the host. It's a very positive show. So if anyone would be up for that kind of thing, that'd be terrific. I'd like to connect with you and talk more about it, answer any questions. Same goes for anyone interested.  

38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm not watching unless you lock them all in a house then throw some "regular" people in there to fondle all of their collectibles while they watch, looking incredibly nervous. 

Damn this is pretty funny...and very true!  I guess that makes me irregular? 

I definitely have a fair amount of Devils stuff, including about 10 jerseys (Scouts, Rockies, and Devils), though only one game-worn courtesy of DM84...correct me if I'm wrong DM, but is that Kevin Dean jersey you traded me for the M&N Ramage a preseason game-worn?  It's been so long I honestly don't remember!  I have mostly photos with some giveaways sprinkled in, but other stuff as well (new old stock KC Scouts pennant, mini-Brodeur goalie mask, etc).  Every now and then we have to have something serviced in the storage room (boiler is in there, among other things), and you have to go through my cave to get there...pretty much everyone who sees it for the first time utters some variation of "So I guess you're kind of a serious Devils fan?"  I guess the massive red wall with all of the Devils stuff kind of gives it away. 

I guess as long as I'm not made to look like any more of a whack job than I already am, I guess there are worse things I could be involved in.  Sounds like it could be cool.  Thanks for the endorsements! 

Here's a link to a thread with pics of my cave...there's some slight differences (there's now a second arcade game to the left of the Pac-Man's Arcade Party, I bought a different Jagr dispenser, and Marty has since been added to the retirement wall), but this is pretty much how it looks):

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?/topic/134997-the-marty-night-thread/#comment-1339537

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chris A. said:

This is all awesome, thanks so much! 

@DevsMan84, It's a comedy about the host Erick searching for that special piece, meeting the fans and experiencing the culture--and he's really into shirts. It's very positive, he's very funny. We are in need of a "shepherd," who will get a chance to chat about the team, show off their collection and interact with the host. It's a very positive show. So if anyone would be up for that kind of thing, that'd be terrific. I'd like to connect with you and talk more about it, answer any questions. Same goes for anyone interested.  

Thanks for the info and do you just want me to email you?  Most of my collection consists of game worn jerseys and a few other things sprinkled in.

33 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Damn this is pretty funny...and very true!  I guess that makes me irregular? 

I definitely have a fair amount of Devils stuff, including about 10 jerseys (Scouts, Rockies, and Devils), though only one game-worn courtesy of DM84...correct me if I'm wrong DM, but is that Kevin Dean jersey you traded me for the M&N Ramage a preseason game-worn?  It's been so long I honestly don't remember!  I have mostly photos with some giveaways sprinkled in, but other stuff as well (new old stock KC Scouts pennant, mini-Brodeur goalie mask, etc).  Every now and then we have to have something serviced in the storage room (boiler is in there, among other things), and you have to go through my cave to get there...pretty much everyone who sees it for the first time utters some variation of "So I guess you're kind of a serious Devils fan?"  I guess the massive red wall with all of the Devils stuff kind of gives it away. 

I guess as long as I'm not made to look like any more of a whack job than I already am, I guess there are worse things I could be involved in.  Sounds like it could be cool.  Thanks for the endorsements! 

Here's a link to a thread with pics of my cave...there's some slight differences (there's now a second arcade game to the left of the Pac-Man's Arcade Party, I bought a different Jagr dispenser, and Marty has since been added to the retirement wall), but this is pretty much how it looks):

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?/topic/134997-the-marty-night-thread/#comment-1339537

Yup that Kevin Dean is from what I remember a 93-94 preseason gamer where the numbers are completely sewn and the nameplate is sewn to the jersey, but the actual lettering for he name is a weird twill and heat press/screen combo that is pressed onto the nameplate.

11 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yup that Kevin Dean is from what I remember a 93-94 preseason gamer where the numbers are completely sewn and the nameplate is sewn to the jersey, but the actual lettering for he name is a weird twill and heat press/screen combo that is pressed onto the nameplate.

Yeah, noticed the bolded immediately.  I didn't realize it was that old already!  I have yet to wear it. 

This concept sounds pretty cool and I'd probably tune in once it's done, aired, or whatever.  

It's also making me want to post some pictures of some of my memorabilia.  It's not a ton, and not any true relics or anything really rare, but I have amassed some different things over the past 25 years, from posters, to pillows, figures, etc.  I also have a small red wall in my garage behind a small home bar I built.  I'll try to get a few pictures up tomorrow and post them in the thread with CR's and others.