GDT: Devils at Edmonton, 11/3/17, 9:00 PM Eastern (slightly less too late)

mfitz804

12 minutes ago, nessus said:

Zacha has looked a lot better tonight. Hynes has him on the first line, and he looks like he belongs. If Zacha is able to find some confidence and consistency, which I think he will soon, that could be his permanent spot. He has been making smart plays rather than panicked ones, which we have not seen much of since preseason. I also really like Bratt with Hischier. There's some chemistry there, and they were creating some decent chances. Bratt's goal reminded me of the type of goal Ovechkin scores: a quick shot while turning around, before even getting a proper look at the goal.

I know I'm jumping the gun based on a couple of observations from one game, but this could be a very solid lineup when the team is fully healthy:

Hall-Zacha-Palmieri

Bratt-Hischier-Stafford

Henrique-Zajac-Johansson

Wood-Boyle-Hayes

Also, when did the D get so bad? Greene and Severson really did take steps back this season. Honestly, Hynes should try giving more responsibility to Butcher, Mueller, and Santini, who have been better than Greene and Severson as of lately.

I wouldn't take out Coleman to be honest. Love his play. He should play instead of Hayes

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The real unfortunate thing is Talbot is a C+ goalie and they haven't tested him at all. They had once nice play all game and the other goal was just a cute turnaround shot by Bratt. Take away a couple of the Hall shots and they've barely shown him anything.

Devils could've scored 5 if they got 30 quality shots on him.  Honestly, he's awful.

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Man this team stinks when the D drags the offense down.

Absolutely no rush tonight.

Time for some speed... 4O - 1D... I'm for bringing up Blandisi over having the boat anchor backend drag the offense down.  Greene obviously hasn't recoup'd from his injury or is quickly declining due to everything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

Time for some speed... 4O - 1D... I'm for bringing up Blandisi over having the boat anchor backend drag the offense down.  Greene obviously hasn't recoup'd from his injury or is quickly declining due to everything.

Put Blandisi and the Nose in and I am happy.