GDT: Devils @ Preds - 10 Mar - 8p Eastern

jagknife

16 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Palms came to a really bad team though. I understand needing time, but 0 points in 8 games is pretty unimpressive. I wonder what his longest pointless streak with the Rags was this season?

I'm guessing that he's probably prone to fairly long pointless streaks because he doesn't bag many helpers. 

He started off with one goal and one assist through his first 10 GP this season, and had the same totals in a different nine-game stretch, and that's about as close to this current drought as he's come in 2017-18.  Counting his last game as a Ranger, that's now nine straight without a point.  Really hopes he snaps out of this damned thing soon...him scoring some goals is not a nice luxury at this points...it's a bit of a necessity.  Would love to see him get 6+ from here on out.  Guy actually still has a good chance to crack 30 goals for his season. 

2 hours ago, '7' said:

Yea Grabner is essentially that big solo HR threat that does little else. The plus with him though is that he makes his own offense out of thin air. The minus is that he won't be out there raising anybody elses game. Though when he is out there in any situation you can see how hyper aware the point men are of him picking something off and going the other way, so there is the plus of him forcing more conservative play from the opposition.

With Hall looking like he may be cooling down (and how could we possibly ask for any more after what he just did) Grabner needs to start getting his goals in bunches. It's also time for Wood to go back to playing like he did before the suspension. 

To be fair, Grabner does have some other skills (pure speed, pokechecking, very good penalty killer, etc), but he was brought in to score some goals, and when you've scored at 30G/82GP pace as a Ranger, it's not outlandish to expect some of that. 

Wood is part of the team just not getting enough consistent secondary scoring...it's basically become "Palms, Hall, and almost no one else at all" lately (or it sure feels that way).

Just now, '7' said:

Fingers crossed with Johansson that would be a major addition. Wasn't sure he'd even have a chance to come back this year.

Strictly from a human standpoint, I almost don't want to come back this season out of concern for his health...it just feels like his bell is just waiting to get rung again if he plays again.  But yeah, not like the Devils couldn't use a healthy version of him. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

To be fair, Grabner does have some other skills (pure speed, pokechecking, very good penalty killer, etc), but he was brought in to score some goals, and when you've scored at 30G/82GP pace as a Ranger, it's not outlandish to expect some of that. 

Wood is part of the team just not getting enough consistent secondary scoring...it's basically become "Palms, Hall, and almost no one else at all" lately (or it sure feels that way).

Wood seems to be playing more tepid since his suspension.  Part of his skill involved a little bit of reckless abandon with his play.  He was always a bit of a streaky player but damn it seems like I hardly notice him much anymore lately.