2019 IIHF World Championship

Nicomo

I’m done with this game. Call me when Blashill pulls his head out of his ass and actually gives Hughes some fvcking ice time. He didn’t even have him out there on the second power play unit. Ridiculous.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m done with this game. Call me when Blashill pulls his head out of his ass and actually gives Hughes some fvcking ice time. He didn’t even have him out there on the second power play unit. Ridiculous.

Agreed.    That was horsesh!t.

• Like 1

My take on the game is this: I don't really have an issue with Jack Hughes getting as little ice time as he did an no powerplay time. He's a 17 year old 150 lb kid. He's not entitled to anything.

My issue is that the team just isn't coached that well and looked pretty discombobulated for most of the game. Dylan Larkin was on the ice for the most shifts for a forward by a margin of about 10. Eichel, Gaudreau, DeBrincat, and Keller can all play more. DeBrincat looks like he's going to put the puck in every time the puck leaves his stick. This game should never have been close.

Edit: Kane was within three shifts of Larkin.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

My take on the game is this: I don't really have an issue with Jack Hughes getting as little ice time as he did an no powerplay time. He's a 17 year old 150 lb kid. He's not entitled to anything.

My issue is that the team just isn't coached that well and looked pretty discombobulated for most of the game. Dylan Larkin was on the ice for the most shifts for a forward by a margin of about 10. Kane, Eichel, Gaudreau, DeBrincat, and Keller can all play more. DeBrincat looks like he's going to put the puck in every time the puck leaves his stick. This game should never have been close.

Is it any coincidence that he's a Detroit Red Wing which is why Blashill played him more?    🤬

11 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Is it any coincidence that he's a Detroit Red Wing which is why Blashill played him more?    🤬

I mean the ice time disparity wasn't too bad, so I'm not making that assumption. I just think the players I listed should be out in more situations.

25 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

My issue is that the team just isn't coached that well and looked pretty discombobulated for most of the game. Dylan Larkin was on the ice for the most shifts for a forward by a margin of about 10. Eichel, Gaudreau, DeBrincat, and Keller can all play more. DeBrincat looks like he's going to put the puck in every time the puck leaves his stick. This game should never have been close.

Edit: Kane was within three shifts of Larkin.

Jeff Blashill is a terrible coach. He will not be the coach in Detroit when that team is ready to compete again.

5 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I do agree. He signed his extension under Holland no?

I think so.... Stevie Y is no moron though. I’m sure he sees what anyone with eyes and five working brain cells can, which is that Jeff Blashill is an AHL coach, if he’s lucky. He has no business coaching an NHL team.

Edited by MadDog2020

39 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Agreed. And you left out that he’s playing on a team full of seasoned NHL players. 

As much as I’d love this to be a showcase for the kid, it’s not that. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

So bad Cory showed up today? 

Hope Blackwood is ready to play a lot this season...

Only for the 1st goal.

2nd goal he had no shot on.

But that's all he gave up (although at one point Ryan $uter saved a goal, and at another point another U.S. player who I forgot the name of....saved another goal). 

The Defense overall (See Hynes) played way better than that debacle we saw in the previous game.

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Between the Matthews/Laine debate in 2016 and the Hughes/Kakko debate this year, I genuinely think the internet has turned me racist towards Finns. 

If you read their threads on reddit, you'd think Jack Hughes was a garbage 4th round pick, and Kappo Kakko was literally already better than Gretzky. 

Finns are usually pretty awesome by being super weird. Really weird weird people that I usually love.
But one thing that is unbearable most of the time is how much they love their country and everything Finns... (oh wait... Like USA ; ) ))

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I love the USA but I would not dedicate 15 hours a week to posting on websites about how fvcking terrible Kappo Kakko is. 

I don't particulary love France... And French hockey team makes me pay for that !