GDT: Caps @ Devils- Round 8: The final round (thankfully) 3:00 PM MSG+ NHLN

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

it’s a weak, limp-dick team getting dad dicked every single night by the same team.

there is zero fire. zero energy. my peewee team was more visibly upset when we were getting beaten up and pissed on by other teams. there’s no discernible defensive system and ruff, who was hired because of his fast pace high scoring teams has scored THE SECOND FEWEST GOALS IN THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE. 

Buffalo is “expansion team” bad this season and they’re TWO goals behind us.

Give me a reason to keep ruff without saying the phrase “needs more time”.

I know this post wasn't for me, but in regards to the bolded, I can't.  But I'd ask, who do you want in his place?  We've gone the route of hiring an AHL coach (Hynes), who I must admit I was happy about at the time, we've hired from within before as well, and to my knowledge there aren't many great veteran head coaches available at the moment.  So...I just don't see any other options at teh moment.  When Laviolette became available last year I wanted us to grab him, but when we didn't and we hired Ruff instead I was OK with that, and I still am.  Going back to the bolded, I don't think you can draw enough conclusions about his ability to coach this team after just 35 games.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Give me a reason to keep ruff without saying the phrase “needs more time”.

How about how much better your boy has looked this year under him? And all the other young players. He’s a perfect coach for developing these kids. Which is obviously exactly what we need. We’re also not getting anyone better. You think the top coaches are chomping at the bit to coach NJ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Crisis said:

Hands down the easiest PP to defend. They waste so much time fvcking around up high.

I know guys like Ovi, Stamkos, and Pastrnak are not easy to find, but we can't put a left-handed shot in Hughes on the left side of the PP.  We need a truly sniping right-handed shot in the worst way.  We have no legitimate pure goal scorer right now and it's so obvious.

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I know guys like Ovi, Stamkos, and Pastrnak are not easy to find, but we can't put a left-handed shot in Hughes on the left side of the PP.  We need a truly sniping right-handed shot in the worst way.  We have no legitimate pure goal scorer right now and it's so obvious.

He could play the half wall like Elias used to.

• Like 1