The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I knew the Devils had an offer on the table, but never knew exactly what it was.  Glad it never went anywhere…think about how important Richer and Lemieux were to Cup #1…and Niedermayer to all three of them.  

Yeah that was an eye opener to read that. That was quite a package Lou put on the table- along with money (It’s shocking to think McMullen would’ve signed off on the money) and picks. Thank God it never happened. 

Edited by MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah that was an eye opener to read that. That was quite a package Lou put on the table- along with money (It’s shocking to think McMullen would’ve signed off on the money) and picks. Thank God it never happened. 

On the other hand, we would live in a parallel universe where Stevens and Lindros played together, which would have completely altered the timeline. Lou would be rich, powerful, and married to your mother. 

49021079062_84ed6e7f1e_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Oh yeah, that sounds familiar.  I honestly don't remember, but you're probably right - it might have been J and W at once, and then A afterwards.  

First was the A for Anthony, then J + W for Jeremy and William, and later another A for his daughter.  The Cups and gold medals were back there as well.  There’s a M as well too…not sure what that’s for.

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

First was the A for Anthony, then J + W for Jeremy and William, and later another A for his daughter.  The Cups and gold medals were back there as well.  There’s a M as well too…not sure what that’s for.

1) Mfitz804, obviously. 

or if you prefer:

2) Obviously not “matrimony”. 

• Haha 1
  • Shocking 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

1) Mfitz804, obviously. 

or if you prefer:

2) Obviously not “matrimony”. 

My first thought was not Melanie…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So as I searched for the 7s we've had on hockey-reference, I clicked over to the historical players chart, first looking at the number of guys that have played a game but got no points (there's 51, Boulton coincidentally had the most games played at 51 of that group) but with his next game started, Mac gets 100 starts in red and black.

Mac also is also 7 wins away from catching Chevrier, 16 from Burke and 21 from Chico.

I really see no reason he cant take over 4th in franchise wins next year, barring injury of course

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

So as I searched for the 7s we've had on hockey-reference, I clicked over to the historical players chart, first looking at the number of guys that have played a game but got no points (there's 51, Boulton coincidentally had the most games played at 51 of that group) but with his next game started, Mac gets 100 starts in red and black.

Mac also is also 7 wins away from catching Chevrier, 16 from Burke and 21 from Chico.

I really see no reason he cant take over 4th in franchise wins next year, barring injury of course

That’s another humorous stat that shows just how many Devils games Brodeur played. A guy who is basically still in his infancy might be 4th in wins. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s another humorous stat that shows just how many Devils games Brodeur played. A guy who is basically still in his infancy might be 4th in wins. 

How about only 51 goalies have played in a game for the Devils FRANCHISE in 30+ years, that one honestly surprised me cause of how little the backups changed for Marty.

EDIT: Totally read it wrong, apologies for giving Fitz the heart attack.

Edited by jagknife

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Then you don’t know your team’s history. 

I was like 10 years old when he played for NJ lol. Anyway, I didn’t really start following the Devils until 2000. I do know most of the team’s history (Kirk Muller, Johnny Mac, etc), but I have to say, I’ve never heard of that guy.