The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

oh "my schtick" is getting old but not the one DM asked us not to discuss and been warned countless times. ok ok ok

Why don't i go and post every single articles i can find about Parise, Niedermayer, Rafalski, Arnott, Gomez, etc etc signing somewhere else after Lou sh!t the bed with them. Totally Devils hockey related. Wouldnt be pushing an agenda at all right

Dude, only the response to his schtick is schtick. Don’t you know that? 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

yeah this sh!t is ridiculous. This fvcking thing and the negativity its automatically bringingis EVERYWHERE, it's on tv constantly, social media is filled with it non-stop, anywhere you go people will talk about argue about it. I really fvcking wish i could have a break from this fvcking tension and agenda pushing when i come on a fvcking sports forum. There's a reason politic sh!t is ALWAYS prohibited on most forums about any subject and it's pretty clear that people constantly bringing it back are absolutely consumed by it and just can't help it

Edited by SterioDesign

And they can’t just stick to the actual news, which would be fine, they need to interject their opinion into it, over and over. 

We get it, you think everyone should be vaccinated. @SterioDesignis 100% right, you want to criticize him for bringing up Lou all the time, or me for talking about Jack’s lack of scoring, but you’re literally doing the same thing. 

I don’t know about everyone else, but I know all about COVID vaccinations and I’m tired of hearing people’s opinions about them. This place should be an escape from that rhetoric. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Wait, I thought he was getting it within 24 hours??

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And they can’t just stick to the actual news, which would be fine, they need to interject their opinion into it, over and over. 

We get it, you think everyone should be vaccinated. @SterioDesignis 100% right, you want to criticize him for bringing up Lou all the time, or me for talking about Jack’s lack of scoring, but you’re literally doing the same thing. 

I don’t know about everyone else, but I know all about COVID vaccinations and I’m tired of hearing people’s opinions about them. This place should be an escape from that rhetoric. 

I posted a tweet with a quote from the article from our Devils athletic writer. I know you're talking about others too but I haven't been putting my opinion on anything since DM asked but if we are gonna get to the point of that being called "not news" and that being my opinion thrown in there then this board has gone completely soft, especially you. 

This place isn't gonna be an escape from it when our Devils beat writers literally have to report about it because of the situation on the team.

I've blocked a few and moved on, if anyone, including you have a problem with my posts then just block me and others so you can see it at the bare minimum instead of bitching and moaning about it. Problem solved for everyone. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I posted a tweet with a quote from the article from our Devils athletic writer. I know you're talking about others too but I haven't been putting my opinion on anything since DM asked but if we are gonna get to the point of that being called "not news" and that being my opinion thrown in there then this board has gone completely soft, especially you. 

This place isn't gonna be an escape from it when our Devils beat writers literally have to report about it because of the situation on the team.

I've blocked a few and moved on, if anyone, including you have a problem with my posts then just block me and others so you can see it at the bare minimum instead of bitching and moaning about it. Problem solved for everyone. 

I’m definitely not talking about your recent posts. Posting actual news is fine. Sticking one’s boorish opinion into it 20 times a day is annoying to just about everyone. The problem is, you can’t have one without the other.

We get it. People should get vaccinated. Insulting people for their views, or just for being tired of hearing opinions from either extreme is tiresome, and we were asked not to do it.

There’s a reason DM asked, and it’s not because he thinks people shouldn’t get vaccinated. At least, I don’t think it is, he has not tried to force his opinion on everyone. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m definitely not talking about your recent posts. Posting actual news is fine. Sticking one’s boorish opinion into it 20 times a day is annoying to just about everyone. The problem is, you can’t have one without the other.

We get it. People should get vaccinated. Insulting people for their views, or just for being tired of hearing opinions from either extreme is tiresome, and we were asked not to do it.

There’s a reason DM asked, and it’s not because he thinks people shouldn’t get vaccinated. At least, I don’t think it is, he has not tried to force his opinion on everyone. 

Add to that, it’s not just a few random people who have an issue with it, the site admin has a problem with it. Because it ruins the site. Which, if you recall, was my main problem with it. 

Edited by mfitz804

Goodness people. The discussion of the vaccine is simply IMPOSSIBLE. Look at any other forum or social format, it always degrades into name calling.  The Athletic, Hockeyforums, reddit, facebook etc, it is so toxic to read that I find myself skipping the whole discussion. Do you really want that here just so you can state the same thing over and over?

• Like 1

Just now, DevilMinder said:

Goodness people. The discussion of the vaccine is simply IMPOSSIBLE. Look at any other forum or social format, it always degrades into name calling.  The Athletic, Hockeyforums, reddit, facebook etc, it is so toxic to read that I find myself skipping the whole discussion. Do you really want that here just so you can state the same thing over and over?

Speaking for myself, this is literally exactly what I do not want. 

8 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

It's the same few people that really have an issue which is why a blocking feature that works well would solve everyone's problems, some of them that stemmed way before Covid hit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

No, there's no schtick here.  We're talking about a player on the team and the impact of his decisions on our season. 

I can send you a tutorial for the block feature here too, by the way.  You can simply choose to not see discussions surrounding this topic if you so choose, it's really that simple.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah this sh!t is ridiculous. This fvcking thing and the negativity its automatically bringingis EVERYWHERE, it's on tv constantly, social media is filled with it non-stop, anywhere you go people will talk about argue about it. I really fvcking wish i could have a break from this fvcking tension and agenda pushing when i come on a fvcking sports forum. There's a reason politic sh!t is ALWAYS prohibited on most forums about any subject and it's pretty clear that people constantly bringing it back are absolutely consumed by it and just can't help it

Bud - hockey doesn't happen in a vacuum.  I'm sorry you're apparently in a tough mental spot with this stuff but unfortunately the Devils have an unvaccinated player on the team and it's relevant to our team.  We're not discussing another player on a different team or something.

What I would recommend you do is not get so upset every time a freakin' tweet about it is posted here.  Just look past it.  Because again, here we are with another derailed thread thanks to your sensitivity.  

We can have grown-up conversations here surrounding this issue without throwing temper tantrums.  Not once has a political affiliation been brought up here, to be clear.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

DM I feel you, but like... Blackwood's status is a major variable this year.  I feel like we can discuss its potential impact here without casting judgement and having it spiral into another pissing contest.

My stance here is clear, but I can discuss the logistics surrounding his status without blowing a gasket.  I would hope others can behave the same way..

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

In other news, hopefully the team gets healthier before opening night...

Why do I feel like the injury bug is going to derail a potentially good start to the season here..

Edited by Devilsfan118

7 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

No, there's schtick here.  We're talking about a player on the team and the impact of his decisions on our season. 

I can send you a tutorial for the block feature here too, by the way.  You can simply choose to not see discussions surrounding this topic if you so choose, it's really that simple.

I 100% believe that you believe that. But you’re obviously wrong and it’s gone way beyond that, and you are one of the main offenders. 

I don’t need to block anything. Maybe you should be taught a lesson about what happens when the admin makes a rule and you elect not to follow it because your repetitive opinions are so important they must be expressed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

DM I feel you, but like... Blackwood's status is a major variable this year.  I feel like we can discuss its potential impact here without casting judgement and having it spiral into another pissing contest.

Literally nobody objected to discussing that until people started with their agenda driven opinions about how stupid people are if they aren’t getting vaccinated. Blackwood’s vaccine decision could absolutely be discussed without all of that colloquy, but it wasn’t. 

The effect on the site is obvious, the season starts in a few days and all anyone wants to talk about is Covid. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I 100% believe that you believe that. But you’re obviously wrong and it’s gone way beyond that, and you are one of the main offenders. 

I don’t need to block anything. Maybe you should be taught a lesson about what happens when the admin makes a rule and you elect not to follow it because your repetitive opinions are so important they must be expressed. 

Roger that - I'll take the proactive step then and permanently add you to my list so I'm not tempted to engage with you again.  

You shall be missed.  Not by me, so much, but.. you know.

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Very hard to tell from pre-season but sure feels like it has a possibility if a lot of these guys, Smith and Hughes especially are out for a bunch of the games to start the season. 

Did they ever confirm what happened to Smith?

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

Roger that - I'll take the proactive step then and permanently add you to my list so I'm not tempted to engage with you again.  

You shall be missed.  Not by me, so much, but.. you know.

Pu$$y move, but ok. No big loss. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

The effect on the site is obvious, the season starts in a few days and all anyone wants to talk about is Covid. 

If our starting goalie wasn't in the news for Covid it wouldn't be talked about and people would be talking about the season a lot more. 

Personally my excitement for this season is at an all time low because of how the front office has handled the arena. I won't be at games for quite some time. I think attendance is going to suffer, there's a lot of tickets available for the home opener. I know a lot of season ticket holders who sit around me who opted out for the season entirely and others who got full refunds. I saw my section during the pre-season games and nobody was in my area at all. The front office really better hope this team doesn't sh!t the bed out of the gate. 

I would like nothing more to get back to actually normality but we simply aren't there yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

If our starting goalie wasn't in the news for Covid it wouldn't be talked about and people would be talking about the season a lot more. 

Personally my excitement for this season is at an all time low because of how the front office has handled the arena. I won't be at games for quite some time. I think attendance is going to suffer, there's a lot of tickets available for the home opener. I know a lot of season ticket holders who sit around me who opted out for the season entirely and others who got full refunds. I saw my section during the pre-season games and nobody was in my area at all. The front office really better hope this team doesn't sh!t the bed out of the gate. 

I would like nothing more to get back to actually normality but we simply aren't there yet.

Really, nobody knew how you felt about that lol. 

I kid, of course, that’s like an actual relevant conversation, not who is a fvcktard or who is stupid for not getting vaccinated. 

If it stayed with that, nobody would have cared. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I kid, of course, that’s like an actual relevant conversation, not who is a fvcktard or who is stupid for not getting vaccinated. 

If, of course you weren’t asked to stop. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Honestly couldn't remember if I posted here about the team giving people options for the season because that just happened recently. They have been quite shady and sh!tty about it too, only offering it to some people but not outright offering it to everyone so you basically have to push for it if that's what you want. 

I really don't get why our team acts like there's some high demand for people shelling out money for 44 home games for a team that's made the playoffs 1x since 2012 and a team that has always had attendance issues. Instead of saying hey we know this situation sucks here's your options they have to hide it and make it difficult for everyone. 

They are also not holding the seats for people who opt out, you can carry your money over and keep your tenure but there's no guarantee the seats will be saved. This is the stuff I don't get with them, why not build more loyalty by realizing this is a year with a sh!tty situation for some and just say hey we know you've been a season ticket holder for x amount of years and we value your loyalty for keeping your money with us, we will keep your seats and see you next season. Instead I now know several long term season ticket holders who are completely done spending money on this team. 

Our front office on the ticket/arena side is run by absolute fools. That's my last rant on this one for awhile. 

Edited by Satans Hockey