GDT: Flyers @ Devils 12/15 7PM

Nicomo

22 hours ago, devlman said:

Honestly, we could put Walsh in for Severson tomorrow and be a better team. Even if Hamilton were to go down I think Walsh could offer some production from the backend. If not, defense by committee. Keeping Severson around isn’t worth it imo.

In fairness, no one has any idea if Walsh over Severson makes the Devils better.  Walsh has all of one game of NHL experience under his belt…and he’s going to be 24 this season, which isn’t a great sign…he hasn’t made enough of an impression here and hasn’t gotten anyone to consider dealing for him to give him a shot.  It’s fine to be frustrated with Seves because I’ve been for several seasons, but I can’t assume that a guy who looks like an AHL lifer in Walsh is any kind of solution.  

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In fairness, no one has any idea if Walsh over Severson makes the Devils better.  Walsh has all of one game of NHL experience under his belt…and he’s going to be 24 this season, which isn’t a great sign…he hasn’t made enough of an impression here and hasn’t gotten anyone to consider dealing for him to give him a shot.  It’s fine to be frustrated with Seves because I’ve been for several seasons, but I can’t assume that a guy who looks like an AHL lifer in Walsh is any kind of solution.  

Agree, I’m honestly not sure why people always mention Walsh as if he is going to come up, I’m not sure he will. I’m not even sure he is the first or second guy in Utica I would consider. 

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Sure but at third pairing, all you need is a warm body who can give you 14 minutes of sheltered ice time who doesn’t make ridiculously bonehead decisions. My point is finding a replacement for Severson isn’t something that needs galaxy-brain thinking. I can only assume that Walsh, or any player, isn’t as dumb on the ice as Severson.

Edited by devlman

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Walsh is Will Butcher 2.0. I’d be very surprised if dude ever amounts to anything at the NHL level. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Agree, I’m honestly not sure why people always mention Walsh as if he is going to come up, I’m not sure he will. I’m not even sure he is the first or second guy in Utica I would consider. 

I’d definitely bring Okhotiuk up before him. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 1:36 PM, mfitz804 said:

The only reason I ever mention Walsh because he’s been called up before and assuming the coaching staff wants to keep right hand shots on the right side, he’s a righty. Russo and Blujus aren’t prospects, and i wouldn’t want Nemec up yet. 

28 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The only reason I ever mention Walsh because he’s been called up before and assuming the coaching staff wants to keep right hand shots on the right side, he’s a righty. Russo and Blujus aren’t prospects, and i wouldn’t want Nemec up yet. 

Not sure you are getting your wish. 

Edited by mfitz804

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Oh wow, well if they think he’s ready let’s see how he looks. If Nemec plays well that’s gotta be the final nail for Severson

People in another thread are saying it’s a “paper move” that means Blackwood is ready to come back. I don’t get how that would be the case, but I definitely don’t understand the nuances involved.  

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

People in another thread are saying it’s a “paper move” that means Blackwood is ready to come back. I don’t get how that would be the case, but I definitely don’t understand the nuances involved.  

He has 7 points over his last 6 GP in Utica, and is a +8, for whatever that’s worth.  I haven’t seen much of anything re:  his play so I have no idea if he’s truly ready or if the Devils feel like it’s time for him to get a look.