GDT: St. Louis @ Devils 7:00 PM ESPN

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Nope, it was all goaltending 😉

That seems to be what the professionals all say. 

But then again, we ARE a message board . . . So what do they know  

And of course Daws’ having a Dr. Jekyll night (.958 on 24 shots) had nothing to do with the win, right?

Edited by smelly

2 hours ago, smelly said:

That seems to be what the professionals all say. 

But then again, we ARE a message board . . . So what do they know  

And of course Daws’ having a Dr. Jekyll night (.958 on 24 shots) had nothing to do with the win, right?

Yes, the Devils could use better goalies, but I also think this team was capable to compete for a playoff spot, at the very least.  They did last year and Carolina is getting done this year.  Furthermore, I don’t believe that the Flyers have a better roster either.  

Ruff struggled with roster management.  His lineups put players out of position and in the worst situation to succeed.  It was clear the team struggled playing his system on defense.  We watched the Devils chasing the puck all season long in their own zone.  To make matters worse, there was no grit and no urgency in their own zone.  Where did that tenacity go from last year.  The team looked lost and deflated for the better part of the season.  Yes, there were injuries, but tonight they played at a level that they are capable without Dougie.  Also, I always liked Toffoli because he could score goals since his days in LA, but I think this team has goal scorers and they didn’t need him tonight.  If they can get a 1st round pick, he should make the trade.

I can only hope that they can continue to play like tonight for the rest of the season and who knows, maybe they can win 15 games get in.

You are also right, this is a message board for Devils fans.  There will be bad takes and good takes, but at the end of the day we all love our Devils.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Definitely.   

I think he gets too much sh!t for the low point totals.   He always goes hard and he does all the dirty work for his line that doesn't necessarily show up on the stat sheet.   

I think I said when he was struggling that he'll be fine. 

• Like 1

Amazing to see Timo finding his rhythm and getting those goals from the dirty areas that this team so often struggles to do.

I still don't think we make the playoffs, so my hope for the rest of the season is to see cohesion and a structures system forming, and people staying healthy.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Amazing to see Tino finding his rhythm and getting those goals from the dirty areas that this team so often struggles to do.

I still don't think we make the playoffs, so my hope for the rest of the season is to see cohesion and a structures system forming, and people staying healthy.

Only thing about a “system” forming now is that I think there will definitely be new coach next season who will implement his own system.

But if the rest of this season amounts to “Lindy detox”, and guys are simply used more intelligently and are able to finish the season on a strong note (how great would it be to see Timo finish the season on a bender?), that’s good enough for me.

• Like 3