GDT: 3/24/2024 Devils @ Islanders 5:00PM EDT MSG

Rock

23 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Another problem created by Fitz waiting to make a coaching change.  Had he acted sooner, thereby leaving open the possibility that the new coach would be a permanent hire, the players might have responded better.  That’s not to excuse their collective apathy, which is inexcusable, but one wonders how things would be different now had Lindy been sent packing in January.

Fitz clearly wants to take his time finding a coach…OK, I get that on some level.

But he STILL could’ve done that in season…could’ve canned Lindy at the ASB, made Groan the interim for a week or two, and hired one of the candidates currently available, after multiple interviews.

Happy for Timo.

And Luke.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

32 goals now in Timo’s first 80 reg season games as a Devil.  With idiots coaching him.  Not bad.

• Like 3
  • EvilHeart 1

Jack’s once again tied with Bratt for the team lead in points (68), and there’s a four-way tie for the lead in goals (23) among Jack, Nico, Bratt, and Timo.

Edit: Now, Jack leads in points (69) and goals (24).

Edited by ButlerBulldog
  • Like 1

Goddamn when I see how good these guys can be…the obvious talent that’s there…I hate Lindy and Groan that much more.  These guys are so not worthy of being in charge of these players.  Not even a little.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Jack’s once again tied with Bratt for the team lead in points (68), and there’s a four-way tie for the lead in goals (23) among Jack, Nico, Bratt, and Timo.

Edit: Now, Jack leads in points (69) and goals (24).

Bratt was credited with the secondary assist on Jack’s goal, so he remains tied with Jack in points.

3 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Jack and Timo working on 2 pt nights!

I basically figured Timo would be good for 30-40 goals and 30-40 assists per 82 GP as a Devil.

So far through 80 GP here, he has 32 G and 25 A.  And that’s with a lot of things not going his way for a while.  Very encouraging.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Holtz!!

Hard to believe that he’s just four points behind Mercer.

• Like 2

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

Nemec is gonna be something. And Holtz keeps showing little flashes. Hopefully he can figure out the defensive side of things too. 

Holtz’s overall game still needs considerable work but I really would like to see what real coaches can do with him.

• Like 3

Credit to Roy for realizing that his team needed a timeout.  Lindy could never quite grasp that at least trying something like that could potentially help his team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Holtz’s overall game still needs considerable work but I really would like to see what real coaches can do with him.

He’s good at the thing they drafted him to do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah he’s definitely got some raw skill that the right coaches could work with. Wasn’t Brylin the one who worked with Bratt earlier in his career?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yeah he’s definitely got some raw skill that the right coaches could work with. Wasn’t Brylin the one who worked with Bratt earlier in his career?

I think Bratt was working with Holtz last offseason.  And yeah Brylin was working with him last season when the Devils decided not to play him in games at all.

• Like 1