2024 Offseason Thread - It’s FINALLY here

3 hours ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

What UFAs would you realistically welcome to NJ.  Pure curiosity.

2 out of stephenson, bennett and joshua ... top priority imo as i think jack should play wing going forward (defensive play, injuries and fo are the main reasons here)

1 of dillon, zadorov and edmundson (their teams all would like to resign them so not easy to achieve, same for the forwards mentioned above), in this case one siegs or marino become tradechips.

for the goalies i´d like a cheaper option ... if you trade for them then thompson and gustavson would be my choice because of their contracs.

dont trade the 10oa pick, we need more cheap, quality options going forward 2 years from now and we already gave away to much here. young guys take less time to make an impact. if you are serious about building a team contending for not just two years, you need fresh blood every year. people here would want to trade for young talents as they realize our prospet pool is thin, so trading away the 10oa would be a huge mistake. advance stats and analtics would probably back this up as it would for trading the pick for an aging goalie. the players you sent back in a deal would also have to be replaced. same reason you dont trade mercer, wonder if his new contract ends up going to arbitration this summer ...

btw i dont see anyone sending a 1st round pick to calgary for markstrom just the way things unfolded there sine the trade deadline. they might b forced to trade him for much less (more realistic price)

its not just little tweaks like some posters and quite a task to achieve. i like our gm as a person but the way things unfolded this season and statements regarding the team since the start of 2024 i really lost confidence. some statements are just not smart and the exit interview really let me think that the pressure on him is affecting his decision making. i got pissed about some of his statements quite a bit. at least he got smarter in stating the he is exploring all options and not naming his targets countless times in the media. exploring all options should be nr. 1 in his job description anyway

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Maybe Keefe being available changes that now. 

I mean everyone knew the Keefe firing was coming and Neil Smith still reported Sullivan was staying (because of Crosby). So I HIGHLY doubt it. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

So with Berube apparently wanting Toronto, we’ll be stuck with Woodcroft probably. Doesn’t move the needle for me. I don’t want a fvcking analytics geek coaching this team. I want someone who will instill some fvcking discipline and accountability.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

So with Berube apparently wanting Toronto, we’ll be stuck with Woodcroft probably. Doesn’t move the needle for me. I don’t want a fvcking analytics geek coaching this team. I want someone who will instill some fvcking discipline and accountability.

He’s definitely getting the job. :P

• Vomiting 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I hope he’s right and it is happening. I don’t understand why anyone would want to subject themselves to the fishbowl that is Toronto.

I don’t either. But I’m sure ego factors into it. Imagine being the coach that actually got them over the hump…

Not to mention like Grinnell said - $$$

• Like 3

I honestly wouldn't mind Keefe.

He's actually a good coach.

It's not his fault that his players always choke.

Plus, he is not in that melting pot in Toronto. He would come to NJ MUCH MORE RELAXED. That alone is worth something.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I honestly wouldn't mind Keefe.

He's actually a good coach.

It's not his fault that his players always choke.

Plus, he is not in that melting pot in Toronto. He would come to NJ MUCH MORE RELAXED. That alone is worth something.

I’d prefer Keefe over Woodcroft or McLellan, that’s for sure.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’d prefer Keefe over Woodcroft or McLellan, that’s for sure.

100%. I don't want any coach who's going to give even more power and influence to the analytics geeks that run this team. Enough already! We need a disciplinarian who's going to get the softies on this team in line and create a sound defensive structure. I can't stomach another year watching Siegenthaler and Marino costing us goals. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

100%. I don't want any coach who's going to give even more power and influence to the analytics geeks that run this team. Enough already! We need a disciplinarian who's going to get the softies on this team in line and create a sound defensive structure. I can't stomach another year watching Siegenthaler and Marino costing us goals. 

The analytics geeks need to get in the back seat and shut up. I’m sick of analytics. Hire a hockey coach, not a fvcking math professor. 

• Thanks 1
  • EvilHeart 2

10 hours ago, woody footbreaker said:

2 out of stephenson, bennett and joshua ... top priority imo as i think jack should play wing going forward (defensive play, injuries and fo are the main reasons here)

1 of dillon, zadorov and edmundson (their teams all would like to resign them so not easy to achieve, same for the forwards mentioned above), in this case one siegs or marino become tradechips.

for the goalies i´d like a cheaper option ... if you trade for them then thompson and gustavson would be my choice because of their contracs.

dont trade the 10oa pick, we need more cheap, quality options going forward 2 years from now and we already gave away to much here. young guys take less time to make an impact. if you are serious about building a team contending for not just two years, you need fresh blood every year. people here would want to trade for young talents as they realize our prospet pool is thin, so trading away the 10oa would be a huge mistake. advance stats and analtics would probably back this up as it would for trading the pick for an aging goalie. the players you sent back in a deal would also have to be replaced. same reason you dont trade mercer, wonder if his new contract ends up going to arbitration this summer ...

btw i dont see anyone sending a 1st round pick to calgary for markstrom just the way things unfolded there sine the trade deadline. they might b forced to trade him for much less (more realistic price)

its not just little tweaks like some posters and quite a task to achieve. i like our gm as a person but the way things unfolded this season and statements regarding the team since the start of 2024 i really lost confidence. some statements are just not smart and the exit interview really let me think that the pressure on him is affecting his decision making. i got pissed about some of his statements quite a bit. at least he got smarter in stating the he is exploring all options and not naming his targets countless times in the media. exploring all options should be nr. 1 in his job description anyway

No one in the front office is thinking this way.

And even if they were the cap isnt going up a jillion dollars anyway.