GDT: 4/9/2024 Leafs @ Devils 7:00 pm Zamboni Time

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

bAHL and Smith has to be the worst pair in hockey. :lol:

Smith and _____ are the worst pair in hockey.

its almost as if the guy sucks at his position but there are idiots out there who insist he brings something to the ice

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

bAHL and Smith has to be the worst pair in hockey. :lol:

Three more games.  Just three more games, and Smith won’t be here anymore.  If there’s any justice in the universe, he’ll sign with the Flyers and get screamed at by Torts all next season.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, jagknife said:

its almost as if the guy sucks at his position but there are idiots out there who insist he brings something to the ice

I think it was Travis Konecny, in the Stadium Series game on one of those behind the scenes mic’d up clips, that told Smith in so many words that he sucks and pretty much everyone knows it. I hope Fitz knows it and lets him go on his merry way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

bAHL was plenty bad himself tonight. It wasn’t really a case of one guy dragging the other down like we’ve seen so often with Smith and Luke/Nemec. They both just suck. It’s a pipe dream to think bAHL is just going to suddenly turn into a physical defenseman at some point. You either have it or you don’t. 

• Like 3

Well the Zamboni ride was kinda cool.

Nice to see Nico almost stubbornly still getting his points.  And to see Dawson finally get a couple as well.

And that‘s about all I got for positives.  Only three more games of Green and Smith.

If Fitz decides to move on from Bahl, I won’t fight him on it.  Like others have noted, you’re either physical or you’re not, and Bahl just seems way too hesitant to ever consistently use his considerable size.  Maybe a legit defensive coach (either head or assistant) can pry that out of him, but this was a largely disappointing season for him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Well the Zamboni ride was kinda cool.

Nice to see Nico almost stubbornly still getting his points.  And to see Dawson finally get a couple as well.

And that‘s about all I got for positives.  Only three more games of Green and Smith.

If Fitz decides to move on from Bahl, I won’t fight him on it.  Like others have noted, you’re either physical or you’re not, and Bahl just seems way too hesitant to ever consistently use his considerable size.  Maybe a legit defensive coach (either head or assistant) can pry that out of him, but this was a largely disappointing season for him.

Mercer has had such a weird 20 goals on the season. I feel like he’s been more invisible than scoring once every 4 games, but here we are and he did it somehow.

Smith needs to go but after this past season, my faith in Fitz is really at an all time low, so I could see the clown coming back for his supposed intangibles.

Agreed on bAHL. Dude is so pathetically soft for his size. It’s what Buffalo fans hated about Tyler Myers: massive in height player, plays like he’s the size of Gionta.

• Like 3

On 4/10/2024 at 7:26 AM, jagknife said:

Mercer has had such a weird 20 goals on the season. I feel like he’s been more invisible than scoring once every 4 games, but here we are and he did it somehow.

Smith needs to go but after this past season, my faith in Fitz is really at an all time low, so I could see the clown coming back for his supposed intangibles.

Agreed on bAHL. Dude is so pathetically soft for his size. It’s what Buffalo fans hated about Tyler Myers: massive in height player, plays like he’s the size of Gionta.

Thing is. Smiths stats aren't actually bad. Like at all. Considering how young our defense I could unfortunately ( personal opinion ) see him coming back 

2 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

Thing is. Smiths stats aren't actually bad. Like at all. Considering how young our defense I could unfortunately ( personal opinion ) see him coming back 

Our collective criticism of Smith isn’t about his stats but his overall play, which has been atrocious.  There’s absolutely no reason for the Devils to bring him back.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Our collective criticism of Smith isn’t about his stats but his overall play, which has been atrocious.  There’s absolutely no reason for the Devils to bring him back.

If Smith is brought back in any capacity other than ‘Devils Alumni Ambassador’, I will be on the ‘Fitz needs a psychological evaluation’ train. 

• Like 1