Coyotes players informed of pending move to Utah

RunninWithTheDevil

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man the woman waving the flag who was crying...that was heartbreaking to see.  

Situations like this are illustrative of how out of touch owners and league officials are with the feelings and mindset of the average fan.  The reverse is also true, as most fans can’t relate to the challenges faced by executives, but I wonder if the NHL and Coyotes ownership would’ve done more to resolve this situation without moving the team if they knew firsthand the pain that young woman was feeling.

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man the woman waving the flag who was crying...that was heartbreaking to see.  

Yeah it was. I feel for the fans that supported that franchise through all of this. It sucks for them. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Situations like this are illustrative of how out of touch owners and league officials are with the feelings and mindset of the average fan.  The reverse is also true, as most fans can’t relate to the challenges faced by executives, but I wonder if the NHL and Coyotes ownership would’ve done more to resolve this situation without moving the team if they knew firsthand the pain that young woman was feeling.

I feel for the fans and others in a big way, but the Yotes aren’t the first franchise to move and they won’t be the last.  Our own Devils are already on their third stop since 1974 and almost moved to Nashville.  Hell, in this case, Arizona got their team because the original Jets left Winnipeg.  As raw as it is, fan emotion won’t ever be enough to keep certain franchises in their current locations…like you alluded to, lots of moving parts that lead to this actually happening.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It's amazing these in arena people always know how to ruin a moment. Sometimes music is simply just needed. I hated it for any time we've won something big on our ice and I hate it here too. Just let the fans cheer and make noise. Yet they play all I do is win instead and ruin the whole moment, even worse when they aren't even in the playoffs lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah it was. I feel for the fans that supported that franchise through all of this. It sucks for them. 

I watched the video and started welling up, I admit it...you could even see that the players were really fighting it.  The older woman in the crowd who was crying got me too, but once I saw the woman waving the flag...man that one REALLY got me.

When the Mets played the Marlins the game after Jose Fernandez passed, I'm pretty sure that's the most emotional that I felt watching a sporting event...in the pregame show (just after a tribute to Fernandez), Gary Cohen's voice just cracks and you can tell that he's just barely keeping it together...even now if I watch that, it still gets me.

And then Dee Gordon hits a leadoff home run and is bawling as he's circling the bases and his teammates and the fans are all in tears...I actually had to leave the room for a while.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

On one hand, i cannot see them pulling a Washington Football Team move…

But Smith did just drop over a billion on an organization, maybe if he doesn’t get “the perfect name”…

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, jagknife said:

On one hand, i cannot see them pulling a Washington Football Team move…

But Smith did just drop over a billion on an organization, maybe if he doesn’t get “the perfect name”…

Lol at the headline being "Utah Something" I hope the fans chant LETS GO SOMETHINGS!!! 

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-nhl-team-will-be-called-utah-something

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Saw this on HF lol... 

Shane Doan, plays first year in WPG, team moves to Arizona... His son Josh Doan, plays first year in Arizona, team moves to Utah lol

That’s crazy lol

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, eaglejelly said:

If they didn't bother renaming the Jazz, why bother with the Coyotes?

Meruelo or however you spell it, keeps the name rights and apparently the entire history of the Yotes in Arizona. Utah will start new.

Utah HC, Utah Hockey Club, Utah Blizzard, Utah Fury and Utah Venom have all been recently trademarked

they sold 6k in season tickets in 2 hours.

All of these according to PuckEmpire on Instagram.

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Meruelo or however you spell it, keeps the name rights and apparently the entire history of the Yotes in Arizona. Utah will start new.

Utah HC, Utah Hockey Club, Utah Blizzard, Utah Fury and Utah Venom have all been recently trademarked

they sold 6k in season tickets in 2 hours.

All of these according to PuckEmpire on Instagram.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Blizzard’s not too bad. The Bilzz. When they play the Avalanche, it’ll be the battle of the winter natural disasters 🤣

What happens when they play Carolina?  If two storm fronts—one winter and one summer—meet, which one wins out?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

What happens when they play Carolina?  If two storm fronts—one winter and one summer—meet, which one wins out?

It’s the unstoppable force vs. the immovable object; one must prevail 🤣

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I appreciate the lengths the NHL went to, to keep the Coyotes in the desert for almost two decades after the dude from Swift Trucking first started having big troubles with the team in the mid 2000s.  Despite the insane money they make as a league, I think the NFL is the absolute worst with the way they uproot franchises every few years at even the sign of a better publicly financed stadium deal.   

The NHL honestly seemed like they exhausted every possible solution to keep the team in the Phoenix area but losing that arena vote in November which everyone thought was a slam dunk until the opposition ran way more (negative) ads than Murelo was probably the final straw.    

• Like 3