Possible Player?

ringtwins

Might be an interesting pickup.. I don't think I've ever seen Dopita, but I get the impression that this time in the NHL is just his big payoff.. he, like Hlavac, resisted coming to the NHL and had his rights traded several times.. I don't think that's a good kind of player to have. He might get you somewhere in the regular season, but in the playoffs, forget it.

Lou might do what he did with Val Kamensky last year.. pick him up, see if he works..but I doubt it.

Dopita is nothing, he has shown nothing so far. We dont need another healthy scratch making our everyday game lineup.

We have enough of those in Guolla, McKenzie, and Pandolfo

Ok, here's the scoop on Dopey.

He turns 34 in a couple weeks. So he's old.

Buffalo chose him in 1992 entry draft.

He chose to stay in Europe.

Islanders chose him in 1998.

He still chose to stay in Europe.

Finally, the Flyers drag him to North America for 52 games last season.

He had 8 PIM in 52 games.

For a big center, he sure plays small.

Now, the Oilers want to dump him.

Does he really want to play in the NHL?

If you want to see some big centers that are good, tune in tonight to ESPN2 around 8 pm.

You forgot the Panthers, SBT, who thought they convinced him to come over to North America TWICE, but he refused.

The guy doesn't want to play in the NHL and he doesn't use his size the way we'd want him to.

Still, he has the potential to be another Viktor Kozlov.. but obviously time with him is VERY short..

He's not better than Guolla, Albelin, or McKenzie. He'd need ice time to develop an NHL game. Neither of those three needs that.