Who Is Todd Harvey

SC Devs Fan

Basically in Harvey we'd be getting an older Danton back with more skill. He has a mouth but is not nearly as bad as Danton. So far this year he's struggled, but the entire sharks team has, so overall the Devs would make out very well in this trade if you ask me.

It was Harvey and a 2001 fourth round pick for Dvorak and a thrid pick, traded in Dec 99. I wonder who the picks turned into? Rangers got the better of the deal definitely. I think the assessment of him as a grown up Danton is pretty accurate.

Here are his stats:

Todd Harvey

2001-02: 2nd on team in hits, 1st among forwards (172). . .4th on team in penalty minutes (73). . .Posted season-high 3 points (1-2=3) and tied season high with a +3 rating on April 10 at Columbus. . .Missed 10 games from March 13-30 with shoulder injury. . .Scored game-winning goal on Feb. 12 at Edmonton. . .Led all players with 8 hits and named game

Actually i just looked it Up Mayers is out for the year.

Mayers would be for next year's roster (unless he's a free agent at the end of the year). Mark Rycroft is NHL-caliber, and he's an agitator. He played for the Blues for a short while before getting sent back down again.

Basically, I don't care if we land Mayers (forgot he was injured initially), but I'd like a Danton + X for X + Rycroft.

Why believe the TFP. They would have to get it from a big site like ESPN or TSN and if those sites are not reporting it, I don't believe it.

Actually, I was under the impression that they scour most of the newspapers in the cities where NHL teams reside (and the surrounding area) and that they do have some private "sources" who tend to be rather reliable in their information.

Furthermore it's not Coach Sutter's fault that the top defenseman retired and that Stuart and Nabokov held out.

And why Ron Wilson as a replacement?

It didn't take long for the stars in Washington to tune him out.

Teddy would have been a better choice.

Now there's a players' coach.

I just read an article about Wilson's first practice. He had them playing guessing games and fining people for mentioning "the old way". A "fun and upbeat introduction" they said. I know this is California and all, but Lombardi and the new ownership are heading into the can this year.

SBT:

And why Ron Wilson as a replacement?

It didn't take long for the stars in Washington to tune him out.

Teddy would have been a better choice.

Now there's a players' coach.

Actually Ron Wilson didn't surprise me; Lou's always been a fan of Wilson and Lombardi is literally Lou Jr. (a protege), right down to firing coaches at the first sign of trouble. Time will tell whether Lombardi will come close to being anywhere near Lou the original as a GM or whether he's just an imitator.

Darryl Sutter has always been maligned in San Jose.

He's the kind of coach who can get a lot out of a bad team, but the Sharks are no longer a bad team. They're talented. Neither Friesen, nor Marleau, nor Hannan, nor Stuart has developed the way that many NHL experts felt they would...

I think it was the right move, and a long time coming. I never thought the Sharks could win a Cup with Sutter. Apparently neither did the Sharks players.