BREAKING: NHL, NHLPA reach tentative agreement

GA Devil

The NHL isn't going to collapse, no matter how much Get Real wants it too.

Revenues may be down, but so too will be salaries. Profits will be made. The league can't go bankrupt with this deal. Stability and profits mean that teams can concentrate on growing the game again (bringing in new fans, not expansion - hopefully they have learned THAT lesson).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Minimum salary: The minimum salary will be $400,000. Under the old agreement, the league minimum was $175,000.

I guess that was a bone they threw to the players. Good.

I'm glad my source was right this time :) . No more LINKAGE and CO$T CERTAINTY!!!!! No more ugly pics of Bettman and Goodenow.

Just a game.

the NHL may yet collapse, not within the next 3 years though.

if the game comes back to its early 90's form, great I'll love that. Still, I'll have to swear off watching on TV or in person, or buying merchandise for a while as punishment for this lockout. It doesn't matter how many "we appreciate/your understanding/support" letters Lou is forced to churn out, they can't kneel far enough at this point.

the NHL may yet collapse, not within the next 3 years though.

if the game comes back to its early 90's form, great I'll love that. Still, I'll have to swear off watching on TV or in person, or buying merchandise for a while as punishment for this lockout. It doesn't matter how many "we appreciate/your understanding/support" letters Lou is forced to churn out, they can't kneel far enough at this point.

If you hate the game/team/league that much, why are you here? To bring everybody else down? You've done nothing but spit on the league, at least since I joined here. Now you say you won't bother watching at all.... then what's the point of being here? There are lots of other links here:

www.google.com

It shouldn't be hard to find one that interests you.

As I understand it, this forum is for FANS of the New Jersey Devils, which I think entails at the very MINIMUM taking an iota of interest in watching the team play. :noclue:

Why waste our energy bickering with 7? Let him be a bitter, angry "fan." I'm happy we have hockey again. If he isn't, good for him. Hell, I feel sorry for 7. To live your life and be that bitter is very sad. I don't understand why he finds it so necessary to spew his hatred against the Devils, Lou Lamoriello, and the game itself on the board but if he wants to within the means of the rules, we can't do anything about it.

I do personally think, however, that he doesn't DESERVE to have the words "he's just defending his sport..." in his signature. Not once in recent memory have I seen 7 defend the game of hockey. I don't want to hear "well what about the game hockey USED to be" bullsh!t either because that's irrelevant. I think it's even worse yet that he has the nerve to post on this board with an avatar of Claude Lemieux, a man who respects and loves the game of hockey -- something 7 clearly does not do. It's a damn shame, it really is.

I don't understand why he finds it so necessary to spew his hatred against the Devils, Lou Lamoriello, and the game itself on the board but if he wants to within the means of the rules, we can't do anything about it.

That is just my point. I certainly wasn't suggesting that he be removed. I simply cannot understand why he enjoys spewing his hatred of the game, the league and our GM. Why would someone enjoy bringing misery to others?

This should be a great day - our game is coming back - and yet 7 is doing all in his power to bring everyone down with his acrimony. And he ENJOYS spreading his bitterness and spite.

Why not let those that LIKE THE DEVILS, LIKE THE GAME OF HOCKEY and LIKE WATCHING THE NHL DO SO without spitting on what they love?

I don't know which phrase is better right now:

The NHL is back!

or

You have chosen to ignore '7'

If whatever he said got that big a rise out of RD, I'm glad I didn't read it. It's a great day, no need for his crap to bring me down.

If you hate the game/team/league that much, why are you here? To bring everybody else down? You've done nothing but spit on the league, at least since I joined here. Now you say you won't bother watching at all.... then what's the point of being here? There are lots of other links here:

www.google.com

It shouldn't be hard to find one that interests you.

As I understand it, this forum is for FANS of the New Jersey Devils, which I think entails at the very MINIMUM taking an iota of interest in watching the team play.  :noclue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not a fan of the Devils and I post here.

7' might be unique. But just cause he is the way he is doesn't mean he doesn't love the sport of hockey. He just has a different way of showing it.

7' might be unique. But just cause he is the way he is doesn't mean he doesn't love the sport of hockey. He just has a different way of showing it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, what's your definition of "love" then, Derek, because everything I've seen come from 7 tonight can only be described as hatred, disgust, and disappointment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, what's your definition of "love" then, Derek, because everything I've seen come from 7 tonight can only be described as hatred, disgust, and disappointment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think alot of fans here are like battered spouses in the honeymoon stage, beware not to get too close and comfy, because the league will break your heart again...some of you will have to learn this the hard way. The league has shown time and time again it doesn't care for its fans. This lockout was one of the worst things that could happen to the game.

I don't think I need to prove myself as a true fan.

No, you don't need to prove yourself as a true fan because no one cares anymore 7. I'm going to politely smile and nod though as you spew whatever hatred and disgust towards the game you want in this thread, because I'm not going to let you ruin this for me. I'm happy hockey is back, and I'll welcome it with open arms.

Edited by RD

I think alot of fans here are like battered spouses in the honeymoon stage, beware not to get too close and comfy, because the league will break your heart again...some of you will have to learn this the hard way. The league has shown time and time again it doesn't care for its fans. This lockout was one of the worst things that could happen to the game.

I don't think I need to prove myself as a true fan.

Again, this "caring" thing. The NHL is a business. It does what it needs to do to survive. I used to pick up the Ottawa Sun and there would be more stories in the sports section about the losses and debt and possible bankruptcy than there were about Hossa, Alfredson and Lalime.

You want caring, go see your mom.

Yes, I'm sure in the dictionary under "true fan" it reads "someone who doesn't even watch the sport".

If the NHL was run like a true business, then there would've been no lockout, or a brief one. And probably no over expansion either. This was all about emotions. Greed, revenge, that's what drove the owners in the lockout. And for the longest time, completely disregarding hockey itself as it turned to crap on ice.

sometimes they want to run to the excuse that "it's a business" other times it's not applicable.

Edited by '7'

i can't wait for hockey just so '7' will hopefully start talking about the actual play on the ice instead of all the labor bullsh!t.

it's incredible that the last year's lunacy and waco like obsession with goodenow has obliterated the poster who was quite knowledgable and inciteful for the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So just because he isn't all lovey dovy means he automatically hates hockey?

People come here to post. There are going to be different opinions on issues. If people hate him so much, that's what the Ignore feature is for.

I think some people overlook the fact that 7' has been outspoken about how the game has deteriorated. Something which a vast majority even agree. And that's why we'll be seeing some new rules come into play. Some of those rules which will not please everyone.

I don't believe this is what enrages 7'. I think you are going to have some bitter fans who might not come around to the game's return right away. I might categorize 7' as one of those.

I believe deep down, he loves the game of hockey.

Not everyone is going to AGREE on this. Why can't that be understood?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So just because he isn't all lovey dovy means he automatically hates hockey?

People come here to post. There are going to be different opinions on issues. If people hate him so much, that's what the Ignore feature is for.

I think some people overlook the fact that 7' has been outspoken about how the game has deteriorated. Something which a vast majority even agree. And that's why we'll be seeing some new rules come into play. Some of those rules which will not please everyone.

I don't believe this is what enrages 7'. I think you are going to have some bitter fans who might not come around to the game's return right away. I might categorize 7' as one of those.

I believe deep down, he loves the game of hockey.

Not everyone is going to AGREE on this. Why can't that be understood?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's about right

and I don't mean to enrage people either. Today just doesn't seem that celebratory to me.

I wrote out a long post responding to Derek and 7, but it's not worth it. Whatever I write will be ignored anyways, so there's no point. I will not let you two (and GetReal, for that matter) ruin this day for me. I, along with many other posters on this board, are happy that hockey is coming back. If you're not, fine. Go watch ping pong on ESPN then for all I care. It's your life, not mine. At least I'll be happy enjoying one of the things I love most in life. Do whatever you want.