Draft Lottery Thread

Weekes Head

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How were they screwed? They were one of the 4 teams with the most chances to land the kid. They can't be rewarded with a #1 pick because they finished so poorly two years ago. I think they were given TOO GOOD a chance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Give me 1 reason why the Devils, a PERENNIAL playoff team, even deserved 1 chance at the #1 overall pick? Please enlighten me...

Rangers were TERRIBLE the last year there was hockey played....that is what it should have been based on...6 percent too good of a chance? Wow....your hatred for the Rag$ has blinded your thinking

I think Ranger fans aren't happy right now.

Life is good!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate the Rangers, but lets be fair here people...wake up and see the obvious..they got screwed...and how it happened just shows how dumb this entire lotto process was in the first place.

Boy NHL, you are off to a flying start, sit out a year and now come up with a new idea for an NHL lotto that is purely stupid and get some fans pissed off. Brilliant!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it was a lottery, thats how it goes

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. I could go out and buy 500 lottery tickets...the chance I'll win is slightly increased than the rest who DIDN'T buy 500 tickets, but that doesn't mean I'll win or even be CLOSE to winning. sh!t happens. 16th sucks because it's right smack in the middle of the draft, but it's not like they got 30th (which I do understand would be a better pick with the way the rounds go). You get my point though. :P

And if your Devils had the "best chance" and that happened, how would you react?  I doubt it would be a good reaction

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The way the lottery was set up, "best chance" and "worst chance" weren't too far apart. Anyone with a basic idea of probability can grasp that.

rags got screwed? look at the 29th team

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh the Panthers got the $haft too no question.

FYI: I dont think the Sabres got that screwed to be honest...maybe by about 5 spots yes, but not too bad. I am just dissappointed they fell out of the Top 10

Exactly. I could go out and buy 500 lottery tickets...the chance I'll win is slightly increased than the rest who DIDN'T buy 500 tickets, but that doesn't mean I'll win or even be CLOSE to winning. sh!t happens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great example, RD. 3/48 isn't a huge advantage compared to 1/48.

And if your Devils had the "best chance" and that happened, how would you react?  I doubt it would be a good reaction

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The way the lottery was set up, "best chance" and "worst chance" weren't too far apart. Anyone with a basic idea of probability can grasp that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, so my intellect is being questioned, no shock there coming from you...

I know what the odds were....but you are telling me it was fair?

What if the Devils were the worst team in the NHL the last time the NHL was in operation and they had a 6 percent chance at the top pick, you would be ok with that?

RIIIGHT!! :lol:

LOTCB, you think these teams got shafted because you don't agree with how the lottery was setup. Fine. Complain about the system. But no one got shafted within this system. It was designed to work out this way. Bitch about the designers, not the system.

How were they screwed? They were one of the 4 teams with the most chances to land the kid. They can't be rewarded with a #1 pick because they finished so poorly two years ago. I think they were given TOO GOOD a chance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Give me 1 reason why the Devils, a PERENNIAL playoff team, even deserved 1 chance at the #1 overall pick? Please enlighten me...

Rangers were TERRIBLE the last year there was hockey played....that is what it should have been based on...6 percent too good of a chance? Wow....your hatred for the Rag$ has blinded your thinking

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bottom line -- there was no season last year. There's gotta be a way to somewhat FAIRLY distribute these picks. Any team should have a shot at the #1 pick. Different circumstances warrant different solutions. Had there been a season, then yes, the Devils didn't deserve a shot at #1, and the Sabres probably wouldn't deserve a shot either at that (because I think they would have done well enough to stay out of that realm). None of that matters though. The Rangers DID have a better shot at getting Crosby. No way does that mean they should get him or should be remotely close of getting him because it is a lottery, and that's not how a (non-fixed) lottery works -- it's anyone's shot.

LOTCB, you think these teams got shafted because you don't agree with how the lottery was setup. Fine. Complain about the system. But no one got shafted within this system. It was designed to work out this way. Bitch about the designers, not the system.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats pretty much what I am implying.....what Im trying to get out of everyone here is this design wasnt fair, case closed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What if the Devils were the worst team in the NHL the last time the NHL was in operation and they had a 6 percent chance at the top pick, you would be ok with that?

RIIIGHT!! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there was no season they had to make it fair to ALL OF THE TEAMS not just the sh!tty teams like the rangers who are run by complete idiots

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whether or not the organizations are run by idiots is irrelevant to this discussion

RIIIGHT!!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're looking at it in black and white terms. No shock there coming from you. Let's say this is a marathon, and one runner beats another by one second. I bet you'd say that guy is the best and he has the best chance to win the next race, so you'd be shocked when he didn't win. You can't look at it in those terms. Like I said, if you have a problem with the system, complain about the system, not the results that came about because of the system.

RIIIGHT!!  :lol:

Absolutely. ABSOLUTELY. Because we would have been rewarded already ONCE for finishing so poorly. You finish near last, you get a high pick. ONCE. NOT TWICE. Not a hard concept to understand. Finish near last, you get a great player, not two, not three, not a dozen. ONE.

I think that since these teams were already rewarded for finishing poorly in the standings, every team should have been given an equal chance at top pick.

Wasn't fair? How not? I think maybe it should have been weighted a little more towards teams that haven't done well lately, but otherwise it satisfied the two main objectives:

1. Give everyone a shot at the number 1 pick.

2. Weight the draft so that some teams have a better chance.

i think the thing here is, 90 percent of you guys are devils fans. So you look at it through the eyes of people who have dealt with succes. LOTCB and I look at it as guys who have teams that have constantly sucked or been borderline frustration. So we see it in a different light than you guys.

Well bruins haven't constantly sucked, regular season wise, and their position is deserved. But look at say the panthers.

Look at the no.9 spot

i think the thing here is, 90 percent of you guys are devils fans. So you look at it through the eyes of people who have dealt with succes. LOTCB and I look at it as guys who have teams that have constantly sucked or been borderline frustration. So we see it in a different light than you guys.

Well bruins haven't constantly sucked, regular season wise, and their position is deserved. But look at say the panthers.

Look at the no.9 spot

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so what if we are devils fans, and most of us have lived through the sh!tty days of the devils

Look at the no.9 spot

Yes. Because us Devil fans don't know what it's like to have a struggling team. :rolleyes:

We don't complain that we lost Mario ... we wear it as a badge of honour.

haha everyone should put mike and the mad dog and listen to all the ranger fans complain

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And for once, maybe this is the only time Ive said this ever because im not a Rag$ fan at all, they actually have a good reason to be pissed.

Look at the no.9 spot

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so what if we are devils fans, and most of us have lived through the sh!tty days of the devils

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

....past decade....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.