Draft Lottery Thread

Weekes Head

i think the thing here is, 90 percent of you guys are devils fans. So you look at it through the eyes of people who have dealt with succes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wrong. The Devils weren't always a successful team, and there *was* that whole Mario thing, ya know.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the thing here is, 90 percent of you guys are devils fans. So you look at it through the eyes of people who have dealt with succes. LOTCB and I look at it as guys who have teams that have constantly sucked or been borderline frustration. So we see it in a different light than you guys.

Well bruins haven't constantly sucked, regular season wise, and their position is deserved. But look at say the panthers.

Look at the no.9 spot

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so what if we are devils fans, and most of us have lived through the sh!tty days of the devils

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

....past decade....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so what most of us still have lived through the 80s devils who pretty much sucked and we got knocked out in the first round a lot in the last decade as well, i dont consider getting knocked out in the first round a huge success

What if the Devils were the worst team in the NHL the last time the NHL was in operation and they had a 6 percent chance at the top pick, you would be ok with that?

RIIIGHT!!  :lol:

Absolutely. ABSOLUTELY.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe that as much as I am a Leaf$ fan and you a Ranger$ fan :D

2 series wins in the past decade. yep. that compares to 3 cups, how many eastern conference finals have you guys been too?

Talk about your struggles from over a decade ago and i understand the whole mario bullsh!t. I'd be bitter about that too. But look in the past decade you've had tremoundous success, so as much as you'll parade around about having previous struggles the identity of brodeur and stevens as your current team really wipes a lot of that out.

Devils go into a season expecting to win a cup. Panthers, thrashers, bruins go into a season hoping to make the playoffs.

There's a distinct difference.

think of it this way. When you win a bet and your friend lost it, no matter how much you try to relate to your friend you won't be able to fully understand how it feels because you've enjoyed success and your friend hasn't.

get it?

call it sour grapes or not. But it remains, i don't think you guys see the things less succesfull teams go through, cheap owner or not.

and even if he do have a cheap owner. Thats not the reason we haven't had success the past 3 years. Its been a case of choking. Just want to clear that up.

If the bruins would have really played the way they are capable of each of the past 3 season in the playoffs we should have won at least won cup. But we didn't we choked every year.

so i should care because your team has a cheap owner?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

congrats you missed the entire point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it has a lot to do with it, why should the bruins be awarded with a higher pick when the owner doesnt want to pay to keep his good players around

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are many ways to look at it. Calgary and Tampa dont spend and yet they were both in the SC Finals. IMO money isnt a factor here.

But LOTCB do you understand the point Don is making -- the sh!t finishers already had a good draft position based on record. There WAS NO SEASON in 2004-5... all teh teams finished equally in the standings. There should have been NO WEIGHTED draft but who's whining? Man just because some teams out there had the bad luck to have sh!tty owners and crap maangement you think that entitles you to something?

YEAH -- it' entitiles you to fecking LOSE! LOSERS! :evil::lol::boogie:

I'm kidding here because my arguement above carries about as much weight as your poor me I'm a big fvckingloser so i deserve special privledges whine! be it for Sabres or Rag$ fans it's a crap arguement and dont hand it ot me that you're on some moral high ground here! PUHLEEZZZ!

I thought the process was fair. Should it have been a bit more weighted toward teams that have sucked over the last 3 years or so? Probably. On the other hand, should every single team have had at least a small chance at getting Crosby, considering there were no standings last year upon which to base the draft order? Yes.

Edited by Rowdyfan42

And when there's no season and no playoffs, you just give the picks to the Panthers and Bruins because, well, we knew they were going to suck, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There ya go. A lot of the people that are complaining seem to be forgetting that there WAS NO 2004-05 SEASON. You cannot just assign picks to teams when there's absolutely nothing to base those assignments off of. I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way. What if, by chance, the Devils COMPLETELY tanked last year? I know, it would have been highly unlikely (and I'm not trying to sound like an egotistical a$$hole there), but it cannot be ruled out. Same could be said for each and every team in the NHL. You can't make assumptions here. Because of that, you have to devise a way where, yes, there are teams who do get a better shot, but at the same time EVERY team gets a shot at a very coveted prize.

But LOTCB do you understand the point Don is making -- the sh!t finishers already had a good draft position based on record.  There WAS NO SEASON in 2004-5... all teh teams finished equally in the standings.  There should have been NO WEIGHTED draft but who's whining?  Man just because some teams out there had the bad luck to have sh!tty owners and crap maangement you think that entitles you to something? 

YEAH -- it' entitiles you to fecking LOSE!  LOSERS!  :evil:  :lol:  :boogie:

I'm kidding here because my arguement above carries about as much weight as your poor me I'm a big fvckingloser so i deserve special privledges whine!  be it for Sabres or Rag$ fans it's a crap arguement and dont hand it ot me that you're on some moral high ground here!  PUHLEEZZZ!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly the bruins, thrashers and panthers shouldnt be awarded higher picks because who knows what would have happened this year, all 3 of them could have been in the playoffs

But LOTCB do you understand the point Don is making -- the sh!t finishers already had a good draft position based on record.  There WAS NO SEASON in 2004-5... all teh teams finished equally in the standings.  There should have been NO WEIGHTED draft but who's whining?  Man just because some teams out there had the bad luck to have sh!tty owners and crap maangement you think that entitles you to something? 

YEAH -- it' entitiles you to fecking LOSE!  LOSERS!  :evil:  :lol:  :boogie:

I'm kidding here because my arguement above carries about as much weight as your poor me I'm a big fvckingloser so i deserve special privledges whine!  be it for Sabres or Rag$ fans it's a crap arguement and dont hand it ot me that you're on some moral high ground here!  PUHLEEZZZ!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The funniest thing about all of this? I havent really carried on whining about my OWN teams positioning? Im just disappointed that they didnt get in the Top 10 thats all....

But again Ill state it again, I know FULL well most opinions would MOST DEFINATELY would have been different if the Devils were in the Rangers position, no que$tion$ asked!!! :D

And when there's no season and no playoffs, you just give the picks to the Panthers and Bruins because, well, we knew they were going to suck, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well bruins haven't constantly sucked, regular season wise, and their position is deserved. But look at say the panthers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep, good job on that deduction.

What was the point of the draft lottery remind me? I don't mean this one i mean ever since it was created? Was it not to help out teams down on their luck? Through this idea teams like the san jose sharks improved for 6 straight seasons. The devils no doubt improved through the draft lottery. The wings were able to build from it. So to summarize was the point not to help out teams down on their luck?

My point through all of this was that not only was THIS draft lottery was set up in a stupid way, but that certain teams that would otherwise have been rewarded for the draft got majorly screwed.

I was rather happy that the rags got a crap selection, but that doesn't take away from the fact they got screwed, and they should be mad

What if the devils lost Brodeur through some f'd up mess you'd be pissed. Regardless of the circumstance you'd be pissed. The rags fans and panthers fans and other teams who got screwed over in this lottery, whether warranted or not, are going to be pissed.

No team shoudl be so far behind the 8 ball they MUST have a Sidney Crosby gift wrapped and delivered on their doorstep.

I dont think the Pens really rigged the thing-- but he certannly is sitting at the popular lunch table as it were. I mean that's fishy to me. The Hockey powers that be wouldnt' gift him to creeps like the Rangers... tehy're like -- the loadies of the NHL!

The funniest thing about all of this?  I havent really carried on whining about my OWN teams positioning?  Im just disappointed that they didnt get in the Top 10 thats all....

But again Ill state it again, I know FULL well most opinions would MOST DEFINATELY would have been different if the Devils were in the Rangers position, no que$tion$ asked!!!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And those opinions would have been wrong, and there would've been people on the board saying that. That's why I stay here.

Ever since i heard the format, my main complaint has been just that the format.

Personally i think all the teams that made the playoffs each of the last 3 seasons should have been expelled. That would have kicked out my bruins, and i wouldn't have complained at all.

And then they work some sort of ball system based around that. Like 5 balls each, one ball for each playoff apperance. And then 1 for each overall selection. and go on doing certain stuff like that.

The one thing i was angered about was that the panthers got 1 ball, because they HAD 2 first overall picks. I mean they traded both of them anyways...but meh.

past is past.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep, good job on that deduction.

What was the point of the draft lottery remind me? I don't mean this one i mean ever since it was created? Was it not to help out teams down on their luck? Through this idea teams like the san jose sharks improved for 6 straight seasons. The devils no doubt improved through the draft lottery. The wings were able to build from it. So to summarize was the point not to help out teams down on their luck?

My point through all of this was that not only was THIS draft lottery was set up in a stupid way, but that certain teams that would otherwise have been rewarded for the draft got majorly screwed.

I was rather happy that the rags got a crap selection, but that doesn't take away from the fact they got screwed, and they should be mad

What if the devils lost Brodeur through some f'd up mess you'd be pissed. Regardless of the circumstance you'd be pissed. The rags fans and panthers fans and other teams who got screwed over in this lottery, whether warranted or not, are going to be pissed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats completely different, we drafted Broduer and hes ours these teams have no entitled right to crosby

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:doh1:

:argh: I can't even take it. Grow up! NO ONE DESERVED to win here. NO ONE EARNED Crosby except whoever got the stupid lottery pick. GET OVER IT! Dont even BITCH about the system because the only way to have a FAIR draft then is to play a season and leave the kid to rott.

:argh:

Ever since i heard the format, my main complaint has been just that the format.

Personally i think all the teams that made the playoffs each of the last 3 seasons should have been expelled. That would have kicked out my bruins, and i wouldn't have complained at all.

And then they work some sort of ball system based around that. Like 5 balls each, one ball for each playoff apperance. And then 1 for each overall selection. and go on doing certain stuff like that.

The one thing i was angered about was that the panthers got 1 ball, because they HAD 2 first overall picks. I mean they traded both of them anyways...but meh.

past is past.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Say... :unsure: can we move this thread to the Politics forum OH GAD this kid is killing me here! :argh:

Whew...was that a lot to read :blink: As for the RanJuhs...it is karma...payback for all the crap they have done to screw up the game with their outrageous salaries...you know like the crap with Sakic and the crap with Holik...what goes around comes around...time for them to deal with the foolishness of their actions...seems pretty simple to me :)

Need to digest the rule changes...will take some getting used to...only really like the one they brought back.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.