Weekes Head

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

worst day in the history of the NHL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Killjoy. Go away.

Best day in NHL history. The game is back and I'm excited to go.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

game is back with sh!t for rules and montreal with the 5th, panthers 29th, sens 9th, wild 4th, and crosby to the pens.

worst day ever

Has any franchise in sports history ever gotten more heralded draft picks in such a short time period?

-Mario

-Jagr (was he picked #1?)

-The Kid

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

jagr was picked 8th i think or 6th, cause of all the contreversy over whether he'd come or not

Has any franchise in sports history ever gotten more heralded draft picks in such a short time period?

-Mario

-The Kid

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jagr was 5th behind Nolan, Nedved, Keith Primeau and Mike Ricci.

bruins: If you don't like it, there is baseball on tonight. Go away. The guys on TSN are absolutely right. Hockey fans do nothing but sh!t on their own game. No more. You've just joined 7 on the ignored list. Congratulations.

-Mario

-The Kid

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jagr was 5th behind Nolan, Nedved, Keith Primeau and Mike Ricci.

bruins: If you don't like it, there is baseball on tonight. Go away. The guys on TSN are absolutely right. Hockey fans do nothing but sh!t on their own game. No more. You've just joined 7 on the ignored list. Congratulations.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is what I was trying to convey last week, there is a time and a place for everything. TODAY certainly isn't the time for griping to the extent bruins is.

731 I was thinking the same thing (about the 20 teams) but didn't want to say it :lol:

Just got back from the bar downstairs... all I gotta say is...

fvck THE AHL CREASE!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you'll get used to it. The goalies are allowed to come out during powerplays i think. Cause when i watched this season i saw them come out and play it when on the PP and pk and sometimes they just kinda hovered and played it round the goal line. i wasn't exactly sure on the ruling for that. But meh.

game is back with sh!t for rules and montreal with the 5th, panthers 29th, sens 9th, wild 4th, and crosby to the pens.

worst day ever

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Worst day for you. Some of us are actually happy the NHL is back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its been a bad week for numerous reasons, this just amplified it 2 fold, don't mind me

Edited by bruins4777

23rd and 37th are two good picks that we can add solid defensmen.

Hopefull Predictions

23rd - Ryan Parent : Poor under 18 makes him drop fast at the NHL draft with other key defensmen playing well.

37th - Scott Jackson : Solid defensmen who plays physical and simple.

From the Cafe:

"At least the NBA was smart enuf to fix its lottery to get the Knicks back in the playoffs and the championship hunt."

"First order of business after cancelling an entire season: Piss off the largest fan base of the leagues most important franchise.

Well done, Gary Bettman.

The Rangers picking 16th is a crime. "

"Pittsburgh went bankrupt with Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr. If history is any indication, Crosby will put the Pens out of their misery and move them to Las Vegas, a true hockey hotbed. "

"Every player in the league has to be saying WTF how is that 54% going to improve with Crosby in Pitt. Also by Monday I can see Sather saying the youth movement was our plan but the NHL didn't play along so now we going to fit our team with all UFA. "

--------

I think Ranger fans aren't happy right now.

I think Ranger fans are complete morons. There were Penguins fans all over the country when Lemieux and Jagr won those Stanley Cups. Penguins hats were as popular as San Jose Sharks hats, and people only got those because they were teal and teal was cool then.

I miss the mid 90s.

wtf? Are they serious? As a Manhattanite I never felt that sense of entitlement. These guys are jerk off transplants from the Island i bet <_<

As much as I feel like it was rigged for the hockey clique Of Gretz mary and fatty quinn - I know that's just a clique in my own mind and stuff -- it's fun to have a hate... but that Rag$ Cafe stuff is weird. I hope Derek doesn't write like that - sometimes he does though and it creeps me out

:P

Here's a fan from another board I frequent on the Rag:

Newsflash circa 2010.

New York, NY - Once Great Hockey League Closes Doors

The NHL, the storied hockey league that once thrilled fans across the nation and Canada closed its doors today after 5 failed years after they lost a season to a lockout.

Fans internationally were dismayed and heartbroken.

Some attribute the end of the league to the lockout, others attribute it to the sending of the greatest player in the game right now to a small town, Pittsburgh where he was unmarketed and played in front of a dilapidated building with less than 12,000 fans in it on most nights.

An era has ended.

Seriously folk, kiss the NHL goodbye. They put their best new talent in a town with a building that is close to 40 years old, with no fans to speak of, and no national appeal in terms of television marketing. Without some MAJOR new ideas and marketing the NHL will die or become a tier 3 sport, as opposed to the tier 2 sport it is. There is literally no worse place, with the exception of Carolina or Nashville for this kid.

I would have been perfectly happy if Crosby went to Detroit, Montreal, Toronto or Philly, or even Boston! The incompetence of this league never ceases to amaze me.

And **** Bill Wirtz for his stupid ****ing 'JUSTICE' scream. That guy should be shot on sight.

Life is good!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate the Rangers, but lets be fair here people...wake up and see the obvious..they got screwed...and how it happened just shows how dumb this entire lotto process was in the first place.

Boy NHL, you are off to a flying start, sit out a year and now come up with a new idea for an NHL lotto that is purely stupid and get some fans pissed off. Brilliant!!!

Life is good!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate the Rangers, but lets be fair here people...wake up and see the obvious..they got screwed...and how it happened just shows how dumb this entire lotto process was in the first place.

Boy NHL, you are off to a flying start, sit out a year and now come up with a new idea for an NHL lotto that is purely stupid and get some fans pissed off. Brilliant!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it was a lottery, thats how it goes

Boy NHL, you are off to a flying start, sit out a year and now come up with a new idea for an NHL lotto that is purely stupid and get some fans pissed off.  Brilliant!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Name me a lotto system that wouldn't piss off some fans... Come on, be realistic. Stop whining like a Sox fan.

Life is good!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it was a lottery, thats how it goes

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And if your Devils had the "best chance" and that happened, how would you react? I doubt it would be a good reaction

Edited by LOTCB

Pretty much the feeling I got from 90% of the posters in that particular thread (at the Cafe) is that they think the lottery was fixed because it WASN'T fixed...if that makes sense.

I think a few too many Rags fans bought into the idea that the lottery would have possibly been fixed and were disappointed when they found out it really wasn't. I mean, come on, you can't have a fix with Pittsburgh and Anaheim as your top two picks. No way.

Their comments are entirely idiotic though. I shy away from bashing other rivals, but damn, it's really hard here. They're just asking for it with some of the things that they've said.

How were they screwed? They were one of the 4 teams with the most chances to land the kid. They can't be rewarded with a #1 pick because they finished so poorly two years ago. I think they were given TOO GOOD a chance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.