Game Thread: Devils vs. Lightning

NJDevs4978

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again I go have dinner with the Devils in the lead and they throw the game away.

Does anyone still think this team should be kept together? Oh wait, it's still early etc. etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the solution here is obvious. Don't go to dinner until AFTER THE GAME!!! :P

Other game notes that haven't already been beaten to death:

- Why is it every pass they make up ice (assuming it connects at all) seems to be to a Devil skating back the other way?

- Who was that on the ice wearing #7, and what has he done with Paul Martin?

- Pierre McGuire is a DICK. I don't think he said a word about the game unless it was to bash a Devil. They showed some guy in the stands in a Halloween costume, and McGuire commented in a completely serious tone of voice that "there are a lot of freaks in New Jersey." He didn't even mention things either team was doing well. He just sounded miserable. I'm sorry we disturbed you with our hockey game, you miserable piece of s**t.

- Officiating has gotten so inconsistant the last few games. Sometimes breathing on someone wrong is interference, and sometimes you can shove a stick between their legs 20' from the puck and its all good. At least they called a TB player for interfering with Marty for once.

- Three or four guys that want to just stand around all game can really drag a team down. Especially when there's 4 hard-working guys out there pushing for a goal, and Mr. Lazy-fifth-guy-on-the-ice makes a horrible turnover and gives the other team a breakaway.

- On a positive note, it wasn't the whole team that looked bad, most of the team at least gave a solid effort for 60 minutes. The glaring exceptions were a huge problem.

There either has to be a roster move, or at least a paint-peeling a$$-chewing for certain players, before this ship gets pointed in the right direction. :saddevil:

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

We looked freakin' petrified last night, and that includes when we got the lead.

A horrid first period and a god-awful third period.

The Devils have deserved what we've gotten this year. We look like the Panthers, not the Devils. Is it still the lockout and scrubs are wearing our uniforms?

The passing is awful. We're gripping the sticks way too tight and just look petrified when the opposing team comes at us. And the players are just gonna have to get over that. They could use a practice session of all guys rushing at guys trying to pass the puck.

There's no more protecting of a lead in hockey ... and certainly not for us. They have to keep playing!

We looked freakin' petrified last night, and that includes when we got the lead.

A horrid first period and a god-awful third period.

The Devils have deserved what we've gotten this year. We look like the Panthers, not the Devils. Is it still the lockout and scrubs are wearing our uniforms?

The passing is awful. We're gripping the sticks way too tight and just look petrified when the opposing team comes at us. And the players are just gonna have to get over that. They could use a practice session of all guys rushing at guys trying to pass the puck.

There's no more protecting of a lead in hockey ... and certainly not for us. They have to keep playing!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was going to post my observations on the game but ESB pretty much summed it up for me. I'm going to say what I'd like to see, though:

1. Marty stays out for 2 games even if he wants to play Saturday. The rest can't hurt, knees are nothing to fool with and I'd like to scare the hell out of the guys on the team.

2. Passes that are completed to someone on their OWN team. What are they seeing, imaginary NJ players where the other team is standing?

3. An ability to actually clear their own zone quickly, which requires puck support from the WHOLE team.

4. Cut back on the stupid penalties. If that means you bench McGillis and/or Malakhov once White comes back, do it. If it means you banish one of the M's to the minors and sign Albelin or call up Hale, do it. This can't go on.