Game Thread: Devils vs. Lightning

NJDevs4978

Another third period lead lost...

Another quick 2 goals allowed...

Another piece of sh** game from McGillis (who, by the way is the one who decided to pinch in the neutral zone right after Brylin put us up 3 to 2, and who gave the puck away, took a pentalty, which led to Tampa's tying goal...

Another piece of sh** game for Malakhov, even if it was veiled through the goal he scored. His blatant giveaway right in front of the Jersey net is not excusable...

I dont buy all these posts that say we're not a talented team this year. At least up front. Losing Friesen does not make us untalented. If the Gomez/Gionta/Brylin line can stay together and keep it up, maybe Elias and Mogilny can make some magic on the first line between someone.

At any rate, Im getting fed up watching these games. NJ tries so hard and then some douche like McGillis takes a dumb penalty and the other team ties it and steals momentum. It's just dumb play. Thats all it is, every single game.

If McGillis is not traded I am going to be upset. He is the most stupid defensemen I've ever seen play on NJ.

Look at Brown, now. 2 pts and a pretty decent game. Like we need McGillis at 2.2 mill. I dont think so. Doesnt Lou understand that the devils will be IMPROVED by losing 1 or 2 Dmen? Even Albelin can outplay McGillis at age 60.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another third period lead lost...

Another quick 2 goals allowed...

Another piece of sh** game from McGillis (who, by the way is the one who decided to pinch in the neutral zone right after Brylin put us up 3 to 2, and who gave the puck away, took a pentalty, which led to Tampa's tying goal...

Another piece of sh** game for Malakhov, even if it was veiled through the goal he scored.  His blatant giveaway right in front of the Jersey net is not excusable...

I dont buy all these posts that say we're not a talented team this year.  At least up front.  Losing Friesen does not make us untalented.  If the Gomez/Gionta/Brylin line can stay together and keep it up, maybe Elias and Mogilny can make some magic on the first line between someone.

At any rate, Im getting fed up watching these games.  NJ tries so hard and then some douche like McGillis takes a dumb penalty and the other team ties it and steals momentum.  It's just dumb play.  Thats all it is, every single game.

If McGillis is not traded I am going to be upset.  He is the most stupid defensemen I've ever seen play on NJ.

Look at Brown, now.  2 pts and a pretty decent game.  Like we need McGillis at 2.2 mill.  I dont think so.  Doesnt Lou understand that the devils will be IMPROVED by losing 1 or 2 Dmen?  Even Albelin can outplay McGillis at age 60.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

McUseless and Malasuck must go. ESPECIALLY at their present salaries. Bring up Hale and keep Brown in when White comes back.

I could barely contain my disgust in the recap of what I saw tonight :P First of all, this team AGAIN was not ready to play. Larry, just tell 'em the game's at 6:30 THEN MAYBE they'll be ready for a first period!!! :argh: They sure as hell weren't ready to play tonight and that's about the third or fourth time this year already. Absolutely inexcusable.

Then after the Devils somehow came back and took the lead in the third period, those two Tampa goals absolutely deflated them. Yeah revisionist history will say Brodeur's injury did, but look at the few minutes between Tampa's fourth goal and Brodeur's injury, the team seemed resigned to their fate. I wanted to scream at them, you're ONE goal down guys not TEN!

The Brodeur injury was the final insult, to be sure, as was the Devils totally leaving poor Clem out to dry on the last two goals. And believe me as a Jet fan as well as a Devil fan I've had enough damn key injuries for a month to last for like two years :rolleyes:

I don't have too many good thoughts on specific players. Brownie, Brylin, Matvichuk okay. I know Gomez, McGillis and Malakhov - aside from the one time he actually used his booming slapshot - ALL STUNK AGAIN. Langer wasn't as good as his two assists, but hey at least he stayed out of the damn penalty box, that's a start :lol: Marty didn't stink but he looked very shaky especially with puckhandling. Maybe he's too worried about making fancy plays with the puck. Or maybe (and this was definitely a thought after he went down) he's been hiding an injury all along.

McGillis tries on the ice, Malakhov doesn't.....Skill isn't always what you aim for. Ask Rangers before this year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can vouch for that. Malakhov had a team worst five giveaways in this game. I'm not going to say the total number for the team because it was bad.

I can vouch for that. Malakhov had a team worst five giveaways in this game. I'm not going to say the total number for the team because it was bad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will. It was 33.

Tampa Bay had 11.

Now I know I'vebeen complaining about how bad our defense is, but this brings up a good point that the team as a whole was just playing badly.

This is just the team is unable to function together as a team.

We are the Rangers of 94-95 through 03-04

the way marty is being hung out to dry and the battering he is taking in the goal crease, it's inevitable that he will get injured. if not seriously tonight, at some point in the future.

i also don't blame larry...after all you can polish a turd only so much, but in the end it is still a turd.

IF Marty is out for an extended period of time, all those Brodeur-isn't-that-good sayers will get their worst nightmare, him not being around.  They'll find out their wrong...

Give me some info about his injury!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who says marty is not good????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Brodeur is overrated" threads crop up over on Hockey's Future every couple of months in the NHL Talk forum.

i also don't blame larry...after all you can polish a turd only so much, but in the end it is still a turd.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not blaming him either. I don't understand for the life of me how guys can play that badly when they're getting paid so much. But you can't just trade them all, and coaches usually take alot of the blame for a poorly motivated team.

News on Marty's knee makes me feel more comfortable.

The Devs were still VERY much in that game when Marty went down. They will make the nessecary adjustments to the team at the right times. Not every game is Martin Brodeur going to go down with 7 minutes left and down by only a goal.

the way marty is being hung out to dry and the battering he is taking in the goal crease, it's inevitable that he will get injured. if not seriously tonight, at some point in the future.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol dont know why but that line really made me crack up very nice

Look I love Larry, would I rather have a Burns-type sure...but let's face it as someone said in another thread (I think it was Jason) there are a lot of suspect players here in terms of effort, health whatever. That's not on Larry - though Malakhov and Mogilny are two of his guys so to speak.