Elias

emptynet

One of the recent articles (was it NEverson's?) said Elias had an abdominal tear and that's why his return keeps getting pushed back. But Doc & Chico said last night that McGillis was skating with Elias in NJ. Hard to skate when you have an abdominal tear. He did have an abdominal strain earlier. Lou has said that when Elias pushed himself too hard in his rehab from hepatitis he gets very tired and has to take time off. That puts his recovery back because he has to sort of start over again from a much lower point and build up again. And I've heard that sort of thing before about coming back from the disease.

Meh. If Elias DOES have an abdominal tear, would it be in Lou's interest or NOT in his interest to hide it. It would mean he was less desperate about the salary cap, because Patrik wouldn't be coming back any time soon. But, teams would know he needed scoring even more than before, because Elias wouldn't be coming back any time now. In the immortal words of Don, 'flip a coin'. :evil:

I still say the devils should put Patty on the bench. let him take one shift during the game, so he can take one shift in OT and shoot in the shootout.

I bet we woulda had at least one more point last week with this theory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He'd certainly be more use than Langdon. It's not a bad idea. And it would force the Devils to make the moves, finally.

I'm for it. WTF, it's actually a better option than most we have been discussing and it might brighten the mood. But they would need lots of heaters somewhere (in the hall?) to keep Patty's legs warm.