Janssen v. Hollweg fight

insanity_gallops

I was in the car (on my way to watching the game) when it happened. I was so furious that I missed it... I'd been hoping for that matchup since the beginning of the season.

If anyone's got a vid of it, you'll make me incredibly happy.

It's simple really, Janssen hit Holweg, Holweg hit the ice :boogie::clap::dance::evil:

Just from what I've seen of Janssen, I think he's already proven himself as a legit heavyweight. You have to put him pretty high based on what he's done.

Ryan isn't a good fighter. Just can't throw'em in rapid fire like a Janssen.

I like the fact he cameback and hit Janssen during a shift in the third. And of course, Janssen paid him back with a clean check as well.

That's good. It only intensifies the rivalry again. Sure. Hollweg would lose just about every fight against him. But I like the fact there are those kind of energy players on both teams cause it adds some juice to the games.

Man hockeyfights.com cracks me up. There is so much misdirected testosterone on that site.

I had actually kinda forgotten about this website (looked at it ages ago), but now that my memory is refreshed, it might be my latest favorite site after reading some of it this morning. :D It's hilarious how there's a huge debate over whether Janssen is a middleweight, light-heavyweight, or heavyweight. Like, who cares as long as he fights??? :lol: They analyze the NHL scraps as though they are gambling on professional boxers!

(Interesting, there's a whole sh!tload of posts on Cam since his call up.. some loving him, others saying they aren't impressed until he fights Brashear, Laraque, Godard, McGrattan, etc.)

By the way, is it true that Cam's ass beating on Hollweg in the preseason was even WORSE than this last one??? :rofl:

Edited by MaddDog

I'll probably anger some fans here, but after watching a decent number of Ranger games (my bro is a Ranger die-hard), I am impressed by Hollweg. Good energy player, who fights when necessary.

you dont anger me... i agree with you.... the fourth line that the rangers have is really good. they dont put up great numbers but almost all of their shifts are productive

Kaspar's a cheapshot pansy. He's Darcy Tucker but with lady parts. He'll never square against anyone -- Janssen especially.

Ask the Sabres if he's a cheapshot pansy after he took out Connolly with a clean hip check? Heck. Why not ask LOTCB.

And btw...I don't want Darius dropping the gloves with Janssen anyway because he has a much more important role.

I had actually kinda forgotten about this website (looked at it ages ago), but now that my memory is refreshed, it might be my latest favorite site after reading some of it this morning. :D It's hilarious how there's a huge debate over whether Janssen is a middleweight, light-heavyweight, or heavyweight. Like, who cares as long as he fights??? :lol: They analyze the NHL scraps as though they are gambling on professional boxers!

(Interesting, there's a whole sh!tload of posts on Cam since his call up.. some loving him, others saying they aren't impressed until he fights Brashear, Laraque, Godard, McGrattan, etc.)

By the way, is it true that Cam's ass beating on Hollweg in the preseason was even WORSE than this last one??? :rofl:

Let's see. Janssen and Tucker fought a dandy which some say he won and others say could have been a draw. Either way, it was a good fight.

He's won most of his fights. I'd rank him pretty high already.

The preseason one against Hollweg was worse. I think Cam was sent out there for that purpose Sunday. And Ryan probably knew he had no chance.

anyone have a link on hockeyfights.com where I can find this video?? I looked all around the forums and whatnot and havent been able to find it...thanks!

I was in the car (on my way to watching the game) when it happened. I was so furious that I missed it... I'd been hoping for that matchup since the beginning of the season.

If anyone's got a vid of it, you'll make me incredibly happy.

Derek I'm confused are you agreeing that he is a cheapshot or are you trying to defend him??

I am defending him in this instance Red. Lindy Ruff bitched like a baby but Kaspar used a textbook play to take out Connolly. My brother had a similar response in a different thread regarding that hit. I feel the same way about it.

Oh and btw...MSG of course showed that hit on Marshall again the other night. It looked like more of the top right shoulder cap than elbow.

I am not debating the call though. I believe the officials got the call right and the NHL made the right choice not suspending him.

Quite true. Cam got Hollweg's jersey up over his head, but the linesmen didn't step in right away. He was able to get in a good five seconds of rapid-fire shots to the head! Easily the most one-sided fight (not involving Wayne Gretzky) that I have ever seen.