GAME THREAD: Rangers @ Devils 7.30 pm ET

Derek21

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[i think the fact that marshy did that on the ice is totally worth the 2 mins. SO funny!]

If the Rangers scored on that cute chicken flap, you wouldn't think it was so funny.

aw, i know i know i know.

it still made me laugh.

Marshall is playing stupid in a tight game taking these penalties,

I don't think he was trying to do anything dumb after the first shot but Kaspar was right there and he didn't want to fight. Who would have thought doing a few flaps would get you a misconduct? Kaspar should have dropped them like a man.

Edited by devilsrule33

Rangers played pretty well the first 10 minutes in that period but then the penalty parade started with Rucinsky. They're not moving their feet. And they're also playing scared hockey. Just another reason Hollweg should be dressed.

They miss Malik too. That injury definitely hurt on that PPG by Gionta.

If not for Weekes, this would be worse.

Yeah, Marsh should stop while he's behind at this point.

This thread has woken up because of the Kaspar hit.

The Devils seem to know that they can hit the Rangers all they want and nothing bad can really come of it. They have owned physical play and that's a big part of why they have the lead.

I must say Derek, reading your post, that Weekes could be a huge asset for this Ranger team. Either in a trade, or if somehow Lundy's not up to the playoff grind. If one can say that they've played 7 games in less than 2 weeks against the world's best and not be ready for this.

Edited by Devilsdude530

Yeah, well it's a shame the ref has to show up the players. The only reason I can see giving that penalty is that Marshall's dance was really unnecessary - everyone already knows Kasparaitis is a chicken, so why does Grant have to do that?

It's a shame Ranger fans have to defend Kasparaitis here. He really is indefensible. It's also a shame that some posters can't help but become a fan of every other team but the Devils.

Also it was beautiful that Kaspar was the one beat on the Gionta goal. Rough night for him.

Edited by Triumph

I don't think he was trying to do anything dumb after the first shot but Kaspar was right there and he didn't want to fight. Who would have thought doing a few flaps would get you a misconduct. Kaspar should have dropped them like a man.

Kaspar doesn't fight because his team needs him out there a little more than the Devils need Marshall. Losing a defenseman for five when they're already down one isn't smart.

P.S. Marshall imitated Fleury. No place in hockey for that.

This game is insane...its like playoffs meet Major League the movie on skates....anyway did anybody hear anything on Elias' health?? I know you guys are in a heated debate and all...but any info I missed during the pregame would be nice :D

They said someting like he isn't skating yet...

Also there was article in Record that he was placed on the IR :noclue:

Only Bad news ... :puke:

I must say Derek, reading your post, that Weekes could be a huge asset for this Ranger team. Either in a trade, or if somehow Lundy's not up to the playoff grind. If one can say that they've played 7 games in less than 2 weeks against the world's best and not be ready for this.

He's definitely instilled confidence that he can come in relief and be effective. But I'll say it again. Lundqvist should have started this game because he's our best goalie and it's a possible playoff preview. But I cannot fault Weekes for either goal. He's done his job. His teammates have not.

I'm sure some saw #22 in red a number of years back as a "punk".

Got that right. At least he wasn't Bernie Nicholls.

I think some responsibility has to lay on Tom Renney for not starting anyone (Hollweg) who can retailiate for these hits the Rass, Janssen and even guys like Pando and Gio are just dealing to the Rangers with no response.

Not that I don't like Tom Renney as a coach. I just think it was a mistake going against your biggest rival, one of whom wants to "tie up some loose ends" with a member of your squad, without your biggest hitter.

This game is insane...its like playoffs meet Major League the movie on skates....anyway did anybody hear anything on Elias' health?? I know you guys are in a heated debate and all...but any info I missed during the pregame would be nice :D

it was Ledger not Record... here is the link

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24329

I never thought I'd live to see the day when you'd see the same penalty time assigned to a sucker punch as distasteful impersonation of poultry. Way to go Grant.

c'mon, two minutes for flapping your wings? That penalty is sooo Bettman.

yea, I really don't understand why the Rangers didn't start Lundquist. The Rangers didn't re start the season right after the Olympic break, and the first game back Weekes played. Now Renney comes back with Weekes AGAIN. He's running the risk of Lundquist going cold.

I think some responsibility has to lay on Tom Renney for not starting anyone (Hollweg) who can retailiate for these hits the Rass, Janssen and even guys like Pando and Gio are just dealing to the Rangers with no response.

Not that I don't like Tom Renney as a coach. I just think it was a mistake going against your biggest rival, one of whom wants to "tie up some loose ends" with a member of your squad, without your biggest hitter.

I'd agree with that.

Tommy blew this one big time by not having some serious muscle on the ice tonight.

The Rangers are really paying for that mistake, too.

Can someone tell me the score please..for reasons unknown to me CBC doesn't feel it important to tell the score of this game and instead choose to update the Montreal/Lightning game every 2 minutes..tnx!!