Went To The Game

PacificDevil

It was a lot of fun, to be in-person there, especially when Newyu scored with 12 secs left and in OT. Some observations: I thought Devils took the foot off the pedal for a period and half and weren lucky not to pay a price for that. I liked what I saw from Brylin, Newyu, Friesen, Langenbrunner and from Marty of course, but defense looked suspicious at times which made me think that Tverdovsky is just as important as Rafalski and Nieds. I thought Rupp and Bicek were out of place a bit, especially Rupp. But overall, pretty fun game and Sharks played pretty well for a struggling team.

I agree that Rupp looked lost out there. Perhaps the "welcome to the NHL" euphoria has worn off. Gomez was pretty much invisible last night, but Elias was a Russian butthair (Kiprosov's) away from another goal on that amazing shot from the top of the crease.

And, I usually don't say this because I think he's been a great filler, but Albelein was not only NOT our 6th D-man last night, he was pretty much a 4th forward for SJ. Let's hope he turns that around for the next two games, jes?

First time that the Alb-Dan-0 combo cost us this year.

Gomez has become ridiculously predictable in that he gains the zone and drops the puck EVERY time. Other teams are keying on this.

Amazed that Stevenson got a second of ice time after his two stupid penalties in a row.

Tough for Rupp when he's playing with McKenzie and Stevenson. Felt like Mac shoulda been scratched for Berglund in this one.

I have no problem with Albelin. He'd be a #4 defenseman on a lot of teams right now

Short term, yes. However, long term we need Tivo back. In the games that he has been out I have noticed that the Devils have had more trouble getting the puck out and starting the transition game. Since Tivo has become more comfortable I noticed that he was really becoming a force, especially on the recently rejuvinated power play. I hope that we can get him back in the lineup(healthy of course).

I agree it's a little early to say Rupp isn't cutting it. He's a fourth line center, that's all he is that's all he should be for the rest of the year. So long as he plays physical and doesn't make mistakes I'll be more than happy with that. He's obviously not gonna score a lot between Mac and Turner but would you all rather have Gomer between them again? Or Niewy? Or Brylin? :lol:

Short term, yes. However, long term we need Tivo back. In the games that he has been out I have noticed that the Devils have had more trouble getting the puck out and starting the transition game. Since Tivo has become more comfortable I noticed that he was really becoming a force, especially on the recently rejuvinated power play. I hope that we can get him back in the lineup(healthy of course).

Oh I agree, I think this team is much better with Tverdovsky in the lineup, but I'm just saying that Albelin has done a tremendous job filling in. One mistake doesn't mean jack to me.

I have no problem with Albelin. He'd be a #4 defenseman on a lot of teams right now

Albelin 4th D-man?? THen he would be great trade bait. I wish (& so does lou prolly) someone would ante up someone for him & pinhead Danton.

Feels like a Garage sale, if you buy this set of wonderful glasses, I'll throw in Mike Danton.

Vince