Weekes in Goal For Game 2

Jimmy Leeds

They have to put him in now, if they are going to put him in. Weekes is routinely booed by Ranger fans at MSG, sad as that may seem, who adore Lundqvist and consider any Ranger loss with Weekes in net solely the fault of the goaltender.

So, if the Rangers lose game 2 with Weekes in net in NJ, they can come back with Henrik in MSG, and the fans will be behind Lundqvist, Weekes doesn't have to deal with the fans with the team down 0-2. However, if they happen to win with Weekes in net, he comes back into MSG as the conquering hero, and they will cheer him for once.

If Lundqvist were in net tonight and lost and they had to come back with Weekes in MSG with the team down 0-2, it would not be pretty. It is sad the way that crowd treats Weekes.

Excellent observations. I also agree it is absolutely disgraceful how the "fans" at MSG treat Weekes.

For the Devils to advance they have to beat whomever is in goal. LETS GO DEVILS!

I know some people still fear 02 (hell some fear 97), but the Rangers were a .500 team with Weekes in net, and all those games were with Jagr. The Devils have the edge on paper in pretty much every part of the game, let's just hope they keep rolling and they will win.

i apologize if that comment was made in the context of something i didn't know about.

it's not the first time i've seen things like that written on the board, so i call it out everytime i see it.

You don't have to apologize, Brylin. All apologies are mine; I should have been more sensitive to the posters on this board, especially the younger fans. I admit my attempt at backhanded humor was feeble.

Now, on to GAME 2!!!

from Wikipedia:

Cosell drew criticism during one Monday Night Football telecast in September 1983, for calling a wide receiver for the Washington Redskins, Alvin Garrett, a "little monkey."

While some saw the term as having a racial connotation, many who knew Cosell were quick to point out that he used this term routinely in an approving way to describe quicker, smaller players of all ethnicities.

Among the evidence to support this claim is video footage of a 1972 preseason game, between the New York Giants and the Kansas City Chiefs, that features Cosell referring to Mike Adamle, a 5-foot-9-inch, 197-pound Caucasian, as a "little monkey".

They have to put him in now, if they are going to put him in. Weekes is routinely booed by Ranger fans at MSG, sad as that may seem, who adore Lundqvist and consider any Ranger loss with Weekes in net solely the fault of the goaltender.

So, if the Rangers lose game 2 with Weekes in net in NJ, they can come back with Henrik in MSG, and the fans will be behind Lundqvist, Weekes doesn't have to deal with the fans with the team down 0-2. However, if they happen to win with Weekes in net, he comes back into MSG as the conquering hero, and they will cheer him for once.

If Lundqvist were in net tonight and lost and they had to come back with Weekes in MSG with the team down 0-2, it would not be pretty. It is sad the way that crowd treats Weekes.

Excellent post Sue. The way Weekes has been treated by some fans is a joke. Btw...he started five of the eight meetings against the Devs and played well in every game including the last two he lost at CAA.

By making this move, the Rangers are admitting they rushed Lundqvist back just as I said last night. Anyone could see that he wasn't right laterally. He had no confidence whatsoever from the beginning of Game One.

I blame Renney. For as good a job as he did most of the season, that's how stupid he handled this goaltending situation along with the Jagr catastrophe. They never should have brought Lundqvist back for the Ottawa game. Weekes should've started that and the first two games of this series. That would've given Henrik an extra two weeks to be ready for Game Three.

The worst part about this move. No matter what happens tonight, I'd be stunned if Lundqvist wasn't back in net for Game Three. The Rangers wouldn't do that. The idiot fans would go berserk and it would be an impossible situation for Weekes.

Basically, Renney cost them any realistic shot they had at winning this series. He was entering his first postseason and he's acted like it.

ugh, horrible memories of Madden in OT, shooting it into his glove.

he's not invincible, though the Devils have made him look like that in the past.

why is Lundqvist out, still banged up or just poor play?

Maybe you should replace your old negative Madden memory with his Hat-Trick past Weekes tonight?