Marc Crawford?

Chico

I hope Burns has a long, healthy life... somewhere else behind the bench. Too much stress for what he's undergone. Give him a job as a special assistant or something like that, let him remain part of the team and help as he can but please God let him realize the stresses that a head coaching job places on anyone are brutal to their health.

We have a coach :D

I'll second that, I'm pretty sure your saying Lou or John, but I'm seconding both.

Lou will not stay behind the bench, if John doesn't get it, Crawford has to be #1, he led Colorado to a cup in his second year, though he had Roy, oh wait we have the better Roy.

What about the Leafs though, don't you think they'll be after him before we exit/win/finish these playoffs?

Edited by DevilsMJ

I see Burnsie coming back one more year in a similar role that Lou has now as coach...letting Johnny Mac do most of the work...I think that for two reasons...one, I think Burnsie loves hockey and the Devils too much to go out the way he did...and two, it gives Johnny Mac a bit more experience so he can take over after that....just my humble dos centavos however.....

I got a feeling that if the Flyers tank in 4 then Hitch might be out -- I think Lou will have plenty of time and choices to make a decision.

I agree and according to this diarrhea of the mouth from Clarke he may already have a replacement lined up:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=163915&hubname=nhl

Oh and I wouldn't put it past Clarke to fire Hitch even if they wound up winning the Cup...right!

I think Johnny mac is a good candidate for the next coach for the Devils, I don't know how many guys have pointed out that he does most of the coaching anyhow. Crawford would be an alright choice for the club as well though. I would love to see Burnsy back behind the bench for the Devils or anywhere for that matter, but i think that he should enjoy himself and his family..I'm sure if he wanted he could joing any club in some sort of capacity though.

I actually like Hitch, I am partial to nutjobs though and i think his black on black suits would be a good fit in Jersey... :P

hitchcock is a good coach. I wouldn't mind if we got him if the flyers were stupid enough to let him go, but yeah I would like to see burns work for the devils in some form again preferably. I dont think you can blame hitch too much with all the injuries to his players this year.

oh yeah, this thread is about crawford....

I mean he has never had a good goalie to work with, but i dunno, I would be skeptical that he could work our style of play.

Edited by elias2600

Andy Murray, Crawford, Quinn so on. But so far, I love Lou as a coach. Crawford could be the next coach for the Leafs while Quinn going back to Vancouver. But Canucks fire a good coach for sure and the reason why the Nucks failed to go deep into the playoffs because of ......goaltending.

Bobby Clarke has said that Quinn got screwed by getting let go in TO, maybe if he cans HItch..Quinn to Philly???

Bobby Clarke has said that Quinn got screwed by getting let go in TO, maybe if he cans HItch..Quinn to Philly???

Possibly as Hitchcock's contract is up after this season. Clarke promised Hitchcock will not get fired after he signed the former dallas coach to a 4 year deal. The Flyers have won only 3 rounds in 2 playoff seasons under his regime so far.