The definitive comment on the Renney Remarks

msweet

This is the answer that wins the prize for the correct comment on our beloved friends across the river and their coach.

Thanks Risky!

The Devils have one of the classiest, most old-school respectable organizations in professional sports. Don't let Glen Sather's cable tycoon playtoys get you down. Don't forget, this is the group that 4 years ago thought signing a one-legged Pavel Bure was the way to bring the cup back to Broadway. That was after the "Where's my Walker?" Gretzky signing had such resounding success. And then trying to turn Bobby Holik into a $9 million 1st line power center. And then trying to invent time travel by resigning Alexei Kovalev.

If you want to talk about a bunch of entitled, overpaid, flash-over-dash playboy crybabies, take a peek over the Hudson River. I'll take my 2/3 full arena filled with mullet-wearing Bon Jovi lovers that come to watch our team of trapping "no-names" any day over that Original 6 abortion in midtown Manhattan.

Edited by msweet

excellent post...inciteful, well written.

that description of us fans fit me and my pals, although we did not like bon jovi, more into thrash metal and black sabbath, etc.

original 6 abortion...dead on!!!

excellent post...inciteful, well written.

that description of us fans fit me and my pals, although we did not like bon jovi, more into thrash metal and black sabbath, etc.

original 6 abortion...dead on!!!

Yes very insightful. ;) I love the original 6 abortion too! :hah:

LETS GO DEVILS!

If I may: In 1995, the year after the Rangers won the cup, it appeared they would have a bit of a problem on defense. First of all Lowe was retiring and Beukaboom (?) just finished a career year. What was the first priority of management? Raise ticket prices 30%!!! 30%!!! Then they looked around and thought, "Hmm, we'd better bring in some big names to offset the increase." Totally screwed their loyal fans. So LET'S talk about class, shall we?

Great post the Rags can just warm up their golf clubs and take there seat as the second best team in the metro. I guess being the Oiler retirement club in the 90's worked so well they thought being the Pitt retirement club would get them over the top :argh:

I had to get in on the action and I posted myself.......

I would like to appologize to you, the loyal Ranger Fans.

Unfortunately you are given false hope by the New York Media. Going into the playoffs, The New York Media had you believing that the Rangers were a better team then the Devils. Many of you also thought that Henrik Lundqvist could outplay the best goaltender in the world, in Marty Brodeur.

Unfortunately you were misled. How can a team that has 14 players with at least 1 Stanley cup ring, fold under the pressure to a team who has done nothing but lose for the past 7 NHL Seasons.

Then there are those who say, the Devils can't beat the Rangers in the playoffs..... If you guys forget from last paragraph, you guys have not made the playoffs since 1997, and had you made the playoffs you probably would have suffered the same feat that you are about to suffer against NJ.

Back to the NY Media.... In NJ we would never retire a players Jersey who voluntarily left for money to go to another team. When your city is so starved for greatness, I guess one season full of memories means you are automatically enshrined for ever.

Now whats this I have been hearing about the Rangers outplaying the Devils on 5 on 5. Outplaying means actually scoring goals too right? If we awarded points for just working hard, Dominic Moore would be your MVP probably, not a guy like Jagr.

Where did Renney go wrong in this series... not goaltending, because no one could make up for the mistakes your terrible defense makes. They are no good, and should be gutted and rebuilt for next year. They either take stupid penalties, ala Marek Malik and Darius Kasparitus or they make really dumb pinches in the offensvie zone like Ozolinsh and Poti. I knew the Rangers were doomed when they traded for Ozolinsh. Probably could have had Lukowich or Klee and you'd be a lot happier.

Turn the abuse to our fans, i don't care.... if thats the only thing you have to complain about... it's not that bad. Seems to me that your fans were awfully quiet yesterday for the FIRST playoff game in 9 yr. How can you be proud of that.

Good Luck in Game 4.