Chris Pronger

mcmagic

First of all this is my 1st post so HEY EVERYBODY!

Pronger apparently wants to be traded. He's EXACTLY what the devils need to play with Rafalski on D and move White down to the 2nd pairing. I know Lou dosn't usualy make blockbuster trades but I really hope this is the exception and he gets hands deep in this situation...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all this is my 1st post so HEY EVERYBODY!

Pronger apparently wants to be traded. He's EXACTLY what the devils need to play with Rafalski on D and move White down to the 2nd pairing. I know Lou dosn't usualy make blockbuster trades but I really hope this is the exception and he gets hands deep in this situation...

Unfortunatly that little thing called the salary cap is going to prevent such a trade.

Maybe, but this team already has problems up the middle. If you trade Gomez, all we have left is Sergei Brylin and John Madden. If you add Pronger's salary, and factor in Elias, as well as raises to White and Gionta, this team will have no cap room to go and sign someone.

trading white for pronger would be kinda counterproductive...

absolutely not. white's ceiling isn't much higher than he's at right now. he's a solid #2 defensive defensman. Pronger is one of the top 3 or 4 defensemen in the league that logs over 26 minutes a game and plays in every situation.

frankly, i don't think there's anyway he's every going to be a devil because even if they come up with a trade, he would probably invoke his NTC because his wife wants to be back near St. Louis. but if the devils were going to make a trade, the players that I listed would probably be the best deal that edmonton would get.

edit: just read on tsn.ca that pronger does NOT have a NTC, but the oilers will still try to keep his wishes in mind.

Edited by sundstrom

Pronger is a talent, but a loser. Pronger is all about Pronger. He finally gets to the finals without being overshadowed by McInnis and then implodes because he isn't the Captain, nor the hero.

Lou would NEVER go after him because: He is overpriced and is not a team guy.

DFS30: His wife wears the pants and she wants to move back closer to St. Louis. Lauren is a St. Louis native and she's been missing her family. But she also doesn't want to have a long distance marriage with Chris so just her moving back is out of the question. That doesn't give Chris a lot of choice.... Blues, Black Hawks, Red Wings, *MAYBE* Dallas.

Manta thinks that everyone is overpriced.

One thing I don't get. He makes over $6 million a year. He can't pay for plane tickets? Her mother can't visit...for, say, a month at a time? This isn't the 1950s. Travel isn't that difficult.

Stay away from Pronger. While talented, he isn't what this team needs. I don't trust this guy and I don't think he brings the right attitude.

Bailing on Edmonton like this is crappy.

Didn't Prongers wife realize that she was marrying a hockey player? Duh! They get traded and move all the time, deal with it! Poor spoiled woman, makes me angry that he would sacrifice where he plays to make her happy. Women and men who are married to Military folks have to deal with it then so should she. Makes me sick

I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a guy who for the first time was not hurt during a playoff. Hell, when it comes to it, if he would've shot more instead of passing, they might have won! He got gun shy right at the most crucial part of each game. Ten years ago? Maybe.

Didn't Prongers wife realize that she was marrying a hockey player? Duh! They get traded and move all the time, deal with it! Poor spoiled woman, makes me angry that he would sacrifice where he plays to make her happy. Women and men who are married to Military folks have to deal with it then so should she. Makes me sick

Sorry but the "Family First" is something respectful !

Don't judge people 'coz they put family over hockey

(ahem... "don't judge"... it's not a order)

(you can if you want)

(but it's baaaad)

(you don't go to heaven if you do it ! )

riiiiiiight. I'm sure she knew who she was marrying when she married him. Family is great but like others have said. They make plenty of moneyso i'm sure she could have her mom or whoever fly in for visits and they have the off season to go "back home". That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I'm sure wether or not i go to Heaven will come down to other more pressing issues then If I think Prongers wife is spoiled

"Manta thinks that everyone is overpriced"

He may, but I totally agree. Is he really one of the top 3 or 4 d men in the league?? Honestly not from what I saw in the finals. He has a monster shot from the point, but how many times did he hit the net or get it close?? Also all Edmonton did was feed him on the point, and Carolina saw it coming. The fact is he turned the puck over several times as well, and a few at key spots. Is he a solid d man yes!! But is he worth what he is making and a good fit for this team?? Do not think so. Especially if you have any chance at all of trying to resign Elias!

"Manta thinks that everyone is overpriced"

He may, but I totally agree. Is he really one of the top 3 or 4 d men in the league?? Honestly not from what I saw in the finals.

And that's like saying Giguere didn't deserve the Conn Smythe because of what happened in the final. Pronger was the reason the Oilers made it that far.

Lou would love to have Pronger I dont doubt.

But, Lou realizes the exorbitant cost it would take. We need all our pieces.

As for Elias, the longer it goes on, the worse it looks and feels.

Screw Chris Pronger's family. What he and his wife have done is low class and a slap in the face to Oiler fans. This guy is not a free agent. He's under contract. Play hockey, collect your salary and zip it.

I can't quite put it that harshly. According to this story, she has filed divorce papers.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Edmon...653977-sun.html

I won't get into my feelings about whether she should get over it or not. Whether she should understand that she only has to stay for 5 years or not or whether or not she should use the wonders of modern transportation or not. But if she's going to file for divorce, I think it has gone past the point where he can just play hockey and zip it. He has to make a decision and he chose her. I don't know them, I can't say whether she's worth it. But apparently he thinks she is.