It's time for Fantasy Hockey again!

NJDevs4978

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voros and 7 are in. I'll wait on Clown for the last spot. Anyone from here in is a possible reserve in case he decides not to join or someone else backs out :P

red I don't think anyone'll want to make trades till they know where they're drafting and they won't know that till you pick your spot and I can do the rest of the draft order at random. Ideally I would want to know where you're drafting as soon as everyone's signed up.

Edited by Hasan4978

A few questions about the draft.

How long did past drafts take?

How much time is allowed to make a pick?

If for some reason I can't make the live draft, how is my team assigned players, or am I then eliminated from competition?

Maybe I should have named my team " The Questioners". :P

90 seconds is the default I think.

Yahoo automatically picks for you. The auto-picking is usually pretty intelligent (not a lot of position bunching), or at least better than some other places where I have had drafts. You can pre-rank your players in order to get a team more to your liking.

Edited by Voros19

As far as how much time does the draft take as a whole; around an hour and a half or two hours.

And the autopicking Voros refers to follows Yahoo!'s default rankings. Say you're drafting 9th and the top eight players listed get drafted with the first eight picks. If you don't adjust your rankings you'd get Kovalchuk (the ninth-rated player).

But as Voros said you can also edit your rankings in case you don't make the live draft. I think they only allow a certain number of players per position to get drafted if you're on autopick but I'm not sure about that.

Edited by Hasan4978

Yeah. Drafts usually aren't too bad. And they're always fun. I especially love when Hasan or Sarge scoops up someone I want. LOL

My team name is the Traffic Cones. Woo!

You won't have to worry about that when you see our respective draft positions this year :lol: (Yes I did the draft order with nineteen teams, I'll announce it when Clown signs up and red stops trying to work out blind trades and picks a spot for me to slot him in :P)

The league's filled now, Clown'll take the last spot.

cmon red, pick your spot and lets end the wait. i have an autodraft to plan here :D (no way i can be up 3-4 am on a wednesday, hopefully i won't get an all injury team again this year)

Edited by Swede

You won't have to worry about that when you see our respective draft positions this year :lol: (Yes I did the draft order with nineteen teams, I'll announce it when Clown signs up and red stops trying to work out blind trades and picks a spot for me to slot him in :P)

Maybe not but still I know there will be some players I am locked in on. :lol:

At least I'll have more time for a backup plan.

Glad you could make it, I think this year we have a good mix of the 'league regulars' with some interesting newcomers and returnees; the exact setup I was hoping for :)

Updated team lists with posters are above, just so everyone knows who's who. Right now I have the draft set at Tuesday, September 12 at 9 PM, hopefully most everyone'll be able to make it then. The bugs in the prerankings seem to be fixed so you don't have to worry about getting Marcel Hossa or Rob Niedermayer in the first round if you can't make the draft ;)

One memo on the draft: If red or anyone else wants to work out pre or during draft trades, you need to make sure the other owner will be there during the live draft so they can select who you want to trade for, since you officially have to propose and accept the trade post-draft.

Edited by Hasan4978

Damnit Has, why ruin my fun, ive made a habbit 2 years running picking a spot or 2 in front of derek to always get his guy.

Without any further ado, here's the draft order:

*1. Dynamo Nation

2. Russian Mob etc

3. Ruff Edge$

4. Traffic Cones

5. Bad Wolf

6. I Don't Know

7. Feline Fantatics

8. Springfield Isotopes

9. Jester's Devils

10. RockysFlyingSquirrlz

11. halfsharkalligator

12. devilsrule33

13. Voros

14. Clawed Lemieux

15. Wolverines

16. Sworn Defenders

17. New Jersey Swamps

18. Sarge's Squad

19. J. Love

20. Mantaravens

My comments: Boy what a far cry from picking first, to go to seventeenth :P In many ways Manta's better off than me picking twentieth, since he gets back-to-back picks in the snake draft and also the first waiver position post-draft. I am quite amused that Derek and Clown have to draft back to back, that should be a fun dynamic to watch :evil:

UGGHH!! FIrst night of my soccer league...not good!!!

Would it make it any difference if I pushed it back a half hour? I'd rather not change the day since people are busy over weekends and watch Monday Night football so a Tuesday-Thursday weeknight is the most practical time to do it.

Edited by Hasan4978

If I changed the scoring categories I would have said, it's still the same ones I posted.

And if anyone else does have an issue with the draft time I suggest you say something before next week because I'm not switching it last-minute. I want to get as many people there as possible but obviously it's not possible to have everyone there.

Edited by Hasan4978

There are seven offensive categories (with GWG's as much a product of luck as anything else) and six goaltending categories. To go along with plus-minus and faceoff wins which aren't scoring-based. I'd hardly call that a scoring-only format. No more than any other fantasy sport anyways. At least none of those categories reward the stupidity of taking a hooking penalty in the dying minutes of a game.

Edited by Hasan4978