Bid on Artwork by Scott Stevens

Rock

What no pictures?

They should have pictures, given that they're currently hanging in Kitchener. I wonder what Stevens will paint? Abstract? Probably not. Given his Rambo bow hunting styles, and his love of cottage life, I bet you he tries to be a sloppy amateur Robert Bateman doe and bucks in the forest kind of thing. I also bet you he has Bateman prints hanging on his walls, like 99.9% of all Canadian cottages.

damm -- I just bought a watercolor -- it's called Cellar Door. I love it... it wasn't too expensive -- it's just so neat - but anyhow -- it shot my artwork budget all to sh!t so no Stevens paintings for me :(

Stevens proabably uses acrylics :yucky: I dont like them so much - too easy to kind of cheat and get all heavy handed with :giggle: I use water color -- guache actually - you can layer it like oils but it's opaque watercolor... Olivia the pig is guache and charcoal... a lot of childrens' illustration books are I think - probably why I like the medium :evil:

Scotty Stevens... a freaking artist too... he so sucks -- :argh:

If it's a portrait of his dogs ... well <_< That would just be icing on the cake :P

damm -- I just bought a watercolor -- it's called Cellar Door. I love it... it wasn't too expensive -- it's just so neat - but anyhow -- it shot my artwork budget all to sh!t so no Stevens paintings for me :(

Stevens proabably uses acrylics :yucky: I dont like them so much - too easy to kind of cheat and get all heavy handed with :giggle: I use water color -- guache actually - you can layer it like oils but it's opaque watercolor... Olivia the pig is guache and charcoal... a lot of childrens' illustration books are I think - probably why I like the medium :evil:

If it's a portrait of his dogs ... well <_< That would just be icing on the cake :P

Pk wants to be painted by the captain.... :o

7 that's been discussed ... it's funny :lol:

So I never found any of the pics on line -- I found a couple of musicians' (I've never heard of) paintings.

OK I admit it -- I was just writing here to keep Scott Stevens posts on the first page :P

and Hey I have so many fat rolls now I'd make a great life drawing model -- fat rolls are the most fun to shade :yucky:

I like oil or acrylic.. i suck too bad for water color lol :)

I find this to be more my speed.

I like oil or acrylic.. i suck too bad for water color lol :)

That's what I love about watercolor -- the way one stroke can shade something perfectly -- it just looks so pretty to me! In one sense there's no margin for error but in another errors sometimes are perfect - very natural "that's the way it is" feel to it... does that makes sense?

They're not so hard if your working really wet too :giggle: but seriously if you have a good block of paper or stretch it in the tub and tape it down well it's not as bad as it seems!!

The only thing that bugs me about them is I'm very cautious as a person so I can get a big ol' block not wanting to move forward or leaving something too safe not going bold enough with it -- but that's ME with the problem not the watercolor :P

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot all about this - guess that was what was in my head when i started missing him :lol: he was saying LOOK AT MY ARTWORK PEPPERKORN... LOOK AT MY ARTWORK... Well I got around to it... in time to bid if I had any money.. which I dont. :)

I think it's great :wub: I love how he got the cock of the head and the look in the eye so nicely! I'm betting it's done from a picture so it's got that sort of wacky perspective where it's just kind of crooked but I like that about it. It looks like pastels on my PC monitor.

a chick-a-dee in a holly bush ... it's as bad as if it were his dog. :giggle: