Yeah, I Know The Rangers Stink

Jerrydevil

Jerry obviously thinks the Devils are still owned by McMullen. This is hillarious coming from a fan of the team owned by YankeeNets.

Bettman would be doing cartwheels if the Rangers make the playoffs and make some noise. Come on, Jerry, you're smart enough to realize this.

C obviously thinks the Devils are owned by YankeeNets when in reality the Devils are owned by Puck Holdings Inc. If the Newark arena does not materialize then the YankeeNets could go buy the Islanders, move the Nets to LI and the Devils would be left behind since the only reason for the interest in the Devils is for an arena for the Nets...YankeeNets could give a rats butt about the Devils...they don't provide one red cent to the team.

What you say is hillarious coming from a fan of a team that is incapable of developing talent and must pursue via buying...Bettman would be doing cartwheels if the NHL were more fiscally responsible...the world will be doing cartwheels if the Ranjuhs miss the playoffs after all they spent. Come on, C, you're smart enought to realize this.

bg and C the Devils have a healthy payroll (unlike a growing number of teams in the sport) but comparing them to the Ranger$ and Yankee$ is absurd.  They do not feast off of other teams like vultures like the Yankee$ and the Ranger$ :P  They use their farm system for something more than trading players and then picking them up at a discount after they've developed like the Ranger$ do.  They do not pay their minor league players insane amounts of money like the Yankee$ do.

Hasan...let me please provide a quote that shows absurdity to the nth degree ;)

The following quote is from Glen Sather when reporters asked if he was trying to build an offense-minded team during an era in which defense, not wide open skating, wins championships.

We play the same system that every team in the league plays. I think somebody who makes a statement like that doesn't know what he's talking about.  I find it kind of exasperating in a way that people don't realize that.  It's the same system New Jersey is playing.  They're playing it a little bit better than we are."

:uni::wacko::uni:

NJ plays it a little bit better?????????????????? The Ranjuhs play the same system as us??????????? OK...I concede that Sather is in full denial of the product he manages :uni:

StarDew, I stand corrected about the ownership of the Devils. But you are wrong about Bettman. The NHL has never been so popular as the spring the Rangers won the Cup.

Actually, all I care about is the Rangers making the playoffs. I don't care how they do it. You would feel the same if in my shoes.

I was going to avoid this thread until Jerry showed up in the NYR Cafe with the kinder, gentler version. Don't be PC, Jerry, say what you feel.

Actually, all I care about is the Rangers making the playoffs. I don't care how they do it. You would feel the same if in my shoes.

OK then wait until 2004, get a shortened season, play 1-2-2 to perfection, win a cup and let everyone remind you for eternity that it does not count because it was shortened season like most opposing team fans throw on Devs fans...it would be fun to watch the hypocrisy spew forth if that happened to the Ranjuhs...their cup would be valid but the 95 Cup of the Devils would not.

btw...the only way your team will ever win a Cup with their debilliated defense is if they learn to play the 1-2-2 and the games are all won by 1 goal...you would be happy with what has been called 'boring Devils hockey" just to win a cup before you die? Remember you said you don't care how ;)

Oh such typical if A then B logic, C.

The Rangers aren't America's team. You're not going to find a Rangers fan in every high school across America. They're more like America's joke, a perfect example of capitalism gone wrong. So equating the Rangers' success with the NHL's success, is, not surprisingly, a poor connection.

The NHL was doing great in 93-94 because the product was good, not because the Rangers won the Cup. If the Leafs, Canucks, or Devils had won the Cup, the league would've looked just as rosy.

Great, C, and Mussolini made the trains run on time too. I have a hard time rooting for mercenaries, but if you can, go ahead. Enjoy it.

OK then wait until 2004, get a shortened season, play 1-2-2 to perfection, win a cup and let everyone remind you for eternity that it does not count because it was shortened season like most opposing team fans throw on Devs fans...

But that one didn't count. Half a Cup. :lol:;)

Though that sounded much better until you won the second one in 2000.

"The NHL was doing great in 93-94 because the product was good, not because the Rangers won the Cup. If the Leafs, Canucks, or Devils had won the Cup, the league would've looked just as rosy."

I was going to avoid this but this is the dumbest quote ever made.

Whatever, Derek.

You don't think the NHL would've been doing well if the Leafs won? All of Canada celebrating?

The game was at its height in 94. Just so happened that the Rangers won. Now if the Rangers win, it will do nothing for the league.

I believe both semis went into Game 7s, and so did the Finals. Just because your regionalized perspective (Devils Rangers, who didn't love it) showed hockey mania, doesn't mean the whole country went into a tizzy.

Typical New York me-centric thinking.

It wasn't just the Rangers in 1994

It was the Sharks upsetting the Wings in round one and nearly upsetting the cup hungry Leafs in round two

It was the Devils and Sabres going to 7 games with the famous 4 OT game.

It was the Bruins and Habs going to 7 games

It was the Canucks coming back from 3-1 and winning the finals 3 games against the Flames in OT

Then of course you had the 2 of the greatest playoff Series ever, Rags/Devs and Rags/Canucks

the season itself was ordinary, but those were the greatest playoffs ever.

Scott, the best story that year was the Rangers. They had the 54-year playoff curse hanging over their heads and the MOST PRESSURE out of any team to win it that year.

Why is that so hard for some of you to understand?

Ask any network exec and they'll tell you no different.

Some of you seem to think the universe revolves around the NYC area. Hate to burst your bubble, but people west of New York state don't care about NYC teams. You said "ask the networks" - well, duh, the networks are NYC based.

Just live in another part of the country for a little while, you'll see how biased the coverage is, AND THE REST OF US DON'T CARE! Do you really think that fans in Dallas, LA, Detroit, Denver, Vancouver, Chicago, etc, etc loved hockey more BECAUSE THE RANGERS WON????

Get out a map and see the real world!

Some of you seem to think the universe revolves around the NYC area.

If they think it doesn't then they need to get their head out of the sand. :wave:

Anyway...at the beginning of the year the officials were calling everything, now it seems as if it's back to the way it was. There is NO offense out there....I'm not even sure if ANY teams will break 300 goals this season.

I'd love to see it, but if the ECF are Sens v. Devils the ratings will go in the TANK.

GO DEVILS!!