GDT: Devils @ Pittsburgh, 7:00 PM

Devilsdude530

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else noticed the horrendous turnovers Gomez has been making the last few games? In the offensive zone, he'll be on the half-boards and throw a slow pass out into the middle of the zone, when there isn't a Devil within 20 feet. Invariably this leads to an odd-man rush the other way. What the hell is he thinking making that pass?

Passing seems to be an all-around problem right now. It was the same thing during the struggles last season, all of the passes seem to be in the skates, rather than on the stick. On the power play they always seem to be on the wrong side of the player to take a one-timer or make a quick pass. Opposing players see the Devil fumbling with the puck and pounce, and at best the offensive play collapses. At worst, there's another odd-man rush and another puck behind Marty.

Has anyone else noticed the horrendous turnovers Gomez has been making the last few games? In the offensive zone, he'll be on the half-boards and throw a slow pass out into the middle of the zone, when there isn't a Devil within 20 feet. Invariably this leads to an odd-man rush the other way. What the hell is he thinking making that pass?

Funny thing is that those "blind" passes are ones that were finding Gionta and Elias last year and in other seasons. It just doesn't seem like the sonar is working for that line this season -- yet.

I will say, having seen the Devils for really the first time since opening night last night, that this power play should be lightyears better than it is. There's real talent there, real potential. They just need to get on the same page and open things up in the slot more for the snipers.

Then again, expecting the Devils to have a strong powerplay is like expecting the White House to have a solid military exit strategy -- great in theory, but completely unrealistic.

<JESTER>

Passing seems to be an all-around problem right now. It was the same thing during the struggles last season, all of the passes seem to be in the skates, rather than on the stick. On the power play they always seem to be on the wrong side of the player to take a one-timer or make a quick pass. Opposing players see the Devil fumbling with the puck and pounce, and at best the offensive play collapses. At worst, there's another odd-man rush and another puck behind Marty.

It looks like they never played together.

The passing isn't off by inches it off by feet :noclue:

This is so much like the beginning of last year, i cant believe the same sort of panick is going on just like last year. The devils have always been a second half team so chill out let them get their legs under them, let Brodeur get back up to speed and then you can start talking about how bad the devils are

It's sick how good the Pens will be if not this year many years to come. It's just fun watching how good Malkin is, I think he's better then Crosby even.

I agree. But he's also bigger than Crosby and physically more mature. Having them on the same line is insane. What gets me is how good Jordan Staal is. That's just scary.

I agree. But he's also bigger than Crosby and physically more mature. Having them on the same line is insane. What gets me is how good Jordan Staal is. That's just scary.

Pens will be a one line team in the future. Wont be able to fit anyone else in under the cap. Theyll be good but lets just say im not quivering in my boots

Wel.. After these 3deafets, Devils need to regroup and play like they did in January-April..For the second line.. Why Julien don't do that 2nd line without Zajac? Brylin-Elias-Langs. But gaining 5victoiries and 1deafet in the nexts 6games, Devils will be like Last Year, Good offensively, Good in Defensivily, Great in goalie.

Ha.. I wish Burns never had his Cancer.. 1st season 1stanley cup.. I woud like to see him again. But, I very like our new coach: Claude Julien..

Lets Go Biatches! :boogie:

I know...I was trying to not jinx the team by posting in the game day thread the actual day of the game..there's reasoning behind it...and i'm the only one that will get the methods behind my madness..