Devils-sens Game Thread

devilsrule33

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that's bothering me now; why are we rushing all these guys into the lineup this year? The Devs rushed TiVo back a couple of times and he had to come out pretty quickly before they learned their lesson with that one and gave him all the time he needed this time. They rushed Gionta back when they really didn't need to, he got rehurt. Whitey got banged up last night and he's playing tonight, got hurt again. I mean we're in second place it's not as if we NEED these games?!

"Whitey got banged up last night and he's playing tonight, got hurt again. I mean we're in second place it's not as if we NEED these games?!

First off, we need Whitey and hope he's ok. Second, keep the faith as the Sens are looking for the kill and if we make it through this period... new game.

Arena, if this was a PLAYOFF game we need Whitey I agree. If we needed this game to try to GET to the playoffs I'd agree. This is not a playoff game and we have a spot sewn up all but mathmatecally.

I repeat then WHY THE RUSH?! Why get him more hurt now unneccesarily? We want him healthy FOR the playoffs above all else. And this isn't just with Whitey they did it with Gionta too, and I don't mean this as a diss but he isn't as essential as Whitey.

3-0 forget tonight anyway.

3rd goal should have been stopped by Marty.

Does Marty get pulled between periods? If yes, then it's being done to help his record. Schwab can't inspire this team tonight. Schwab should be getting more full game time. Again it's about Marty's personal records.

These losses aren't Marty's fault.

Part of the blame for these losses or ties goes to Burns for his failure to produce a PP. He did the same thing elsewhere he has coached, not spend time profecting the PP. It's all about defense.

Agree COMPLETELY, the Devils should've had Schwab in this game NO QUESTION.. but of course, it's all about Marty's personal records and we all know he had a huge chance to get another one of those wins tonight.. Why Burns is trying to ice his best team against the best in the league is beyond me. Maybe you Burns defenders can explain it.

Hate to break it to you Has cuz I somewhat agree about not wanting to rush players back in too quickly, but AFAIK neither Gionta's nor White's reinjuries had anything to do with their original ones. Just look at it as Straka-syndrome hitting both of them because that's all it is. :P

Tri nobody's saying Schwab should have played tonight (although I wouldn't have minded too much if he had). Schwab should have played against Phoenix or against Pittsburgh. It is a FACT that Marty's really been pedestrian the last several games aside from ironically the shutout in Phoenix and it's because of the recent overplaying that's NOT NECCESARY.

GR in Burns defense on the PP, how exactly are we supposed to have an elite PP when our leading goal scorer has what 15 goals? We don't have a Hossa, an Alfreddson. Even Havlat I think has more goals than anyone on the team. You can blame Lou if you wish for that but the fact is this team does not have the weapons to make the PP work consistently. The only thing(s) Burns hasn't tried on the PP has been my suggestion of using a forward on the point, or Stan's neverending suggestion of using Mac in front.

Goog if you're right I stand corrected. I'm not a doctor; all I know is Gionta hurts his leg after coming back and White apparently hurt his leg after he came back. Maybe it's not the same leg or the same injury. Still no reason to rush these guys back.

Well obviously that's cause and effect, Has.. our leading goal scorer has 17 goals because our power play sucks.

I don't even have to watch the PP to know why it's bad.. there's no great shooters, and there's no one who's great in front. Tell me how you're going to work a power play without those two things. Teams will just let you pass around the perimeter all day. Furthermore, the Devils don't have anyone who can get the puck off the boards with any consistency, so teams will stand four at the line and let the Devils try to cross dump and get the puck.