Chris Simon is a dirty mo'fo'

insanity_gallops

Was flipping over to the Rangers-Isles game during a commercial break in the Devils game, and caught the after-effects of a vicious play by Chris Simon.

Hollweg checked him into the boards - borderline hit from behind - and Simon was slow to get up. When he did get up, Hollweg was skating back towards him. Simon proceeds to swing his stick baseball-style into Hollweg's mouth and jaw. :angry:

I hate Hollweg as much as the next guy, but Simon's play was just disgusting and despicable. He'll be seeing a long, long suspension.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that, he's going to be gone for at least 7-8 games. Probably more. At first I thought Hollweg embellished by throwing his head back, but it was pretty bad. Hollweg is known for running around and hitting from behind at times, but I thought he was pretty well behaved in this game.

stupid selfish play by Simon, likely cost his team a point.

Edited by '7'

goal was disallowed. On closer review, there really was no concrete evidence it went completely over the line. I thought a side angle showed it went in, top angle showed it didn't.

Nothing conclusive really.

I saw that, he's going to be gone for at least 7-8 games. Probably more

More. If there's any justice to this joke of a disciplinary team. Simon's actions were worse than when Domi assaulted Niedermayer. Simon should be done for the rest of the season and playoffs if the Isles make it. I'd be embarrassed as hell to be an Islander fan right now.

Simon has always been a dirty player and a goon! He should be suspended for the rest of the season for that intentional swing of his stick right to the jaw of Hollweg. Lucky Hollweg didn't get seriously injured. Simon is responsible for his stick and actions and the hammer will fall on him by Cambell.

Simon should be done for the season...nothing questionable about that move. Too bad this will probably just lead to more bad press for the league. The most analysis I've seen of the NHL on ESPN this year has been after the Buf-Ott brawl and Cam's hit on Kaberle. Just another excuse for that network to keep riding the anti-NHL train.

Just got back from the Isles-Rags game. Wow. Great atmosphere, I'm not used to that at the CAA during the regular season.

I couldn't believe what Simon did, he should be suspended for a long time. But at least the Janssen hit will take a backseat to this in the hockey world. Janssen would never do what Simon did but I'm not too sure if there are many players in the league that would do what Simon did. I don't know if we are going to see Simon again this year, the league is going to make an example out of him.

OT: I sat right behind the goal and that puck looked like it was in and I couldn't believe it wasn't called a goal.