Chris Simon is a dirty mo'fo'

insanity_gallops

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll be gone for the balance of the season, plus playoffs. That was one of the worst, most disgusting things I've ever seen in all my years of being a hockey fan. Simon should face charges for that. And what pisses me off too is that this is going to be like Bertuzzi all over again. All these idiots who have never watched a hockey game in their lives are going to be killing the sport now, claiming it's barbaric and what not. As if the sport needed any more negative attention. :angry:

they only cover stuff like this because it's interesting in a trainwreck way - it's a disgrace, but that's how it is.

hopefully this has the benefit of getting the NY area really excited about hockey, however - I heard Beningo yesterday talking about how he wanted the Isles to get the loser point so they and the Rangers could get into the playoffs to really make things interesting. When's the last time all three teams made it, 92?

they only cover stuff like this because it's interesting in a trainwreck way - it's a disgrace, but that's how it is.

hopefully this has the benefit of getting the NY area really excited about hockey, however - I heard Beningo yesterday talking about how he wanted the Isles to get the loser point so they and the Rangers could get into the playoffs to really make things interesting. When's the last time all three teams made it, 92?

you would also lose your job if you bodychecked a guy into a cubicle, which is permitted in the NHL.

I've raised the over/under to 12. I don't think he will get more than 20 when this is done. He will not be out all next year - that would never hold up.

Threat of punishment does not deter incidents like these - threat of violence might.

Tri, a big suspension is less to deter the players than it is to placate ESPN and other media that doesn't give hockey the time of day until something like this happens. A long suspension probably ends Simon's career just by circumstance (age, talent, reputation) even if the suspension itself doesn't.

When I saw that hit, my only reaction was whether or not Simon was going to get suspended for part of the 2007-2008 season. In my mind, there is no doubt he deserves to sit the remainder of this regular season AND the playoffs. With one swing of the stick, Simon could have easily ended a career - it's that simple. And I will also agree that it's a shame that certain members of the media only talk about hockey when there is an incident such as this.