Senators fan saying hello :P

Stepside

What up Devils fans? Brand new here on your forums and I thought I'd stop by and say hey. I've been reading through your forums and I have to say it's very cool to see how dedicated the fan base is down there.

In Ottawa, we obviously only hear about how Jersey attendance is lacking and how the trap is boring, but growing up in in the 90's (28 yrs old now) I always thought the Jersey fans were crazy, especially in the playoffs. We used to have fans drive up from Trenton and Little Silver to watch Devils games in Ottawa - always thought that was cool. As for the trap, Ottawa used to implement that system and it worked great for us. It's a defensive style that's exceptionally difficult to pull off effectively and Jersey's always great at it.

Good game last night, looking forward to game 2. Still scared sh*tless that Brodeur had his worst game in years and we still only won by one goal :argh:

Anyway, that's my piece.

Good luck (not too much) in game 2 B )

-Step

Edited by Stepside

Good god...this is well thought out intelligent post from a rival fan, a far cry from what we've seen on the Cafe' from Buffalo fans today. FYI to everyone, according to them Buffalo is basically the Gretzky/Messier oilers, they are already in the ECF and there is little chance of anyone stopping them.

Good god...this is well thought out intelligent post from a rival fan, a far cry from what we've seen on the Cafe' from Buffalo fans today. FYI to everyone, according to them Buffalo is basically the Gretzky/Messier oilers, they are already in the ECF and there is little chance of anyone stopping them.

Good game last night, looking forward to game 2. Still scared sh*tless that Brodeur had his worst game in years and we still only won by one goal :argh:

I posted this in another thread, but I think BOTH teams will be better in game two. So that's a two-way street, my friend.

I think any sane Devils fan will be a bit scared as well, knowing we haven't seen the best from the Senators yet.

Good posting, man. Stick around and enjoy yourself.

As if Buffalo fans haven't been hearing this same stuff about the Rangers from the media and even the team to an extent? I don't really blame them for having a chip on their shoulder right now. Of course it's too early to proclaim 'either' team a winner but the Rangers are in real trouble if they don't win tonight.

Sens fans (at least the ones that show up here) seem to be pretty cool, I remember in '03 there were some good ones that came although most dissapeared after the first four games ;) The irony is we have at least three partial Devs-Sens fans here - Don, dr33 and ThreeStars though the first two are Devils fans first and the last one is a Sens fan first.

Hey Stepside!! Nice to have some more familiar colours over here!!

SH, I met one of the members from this site in 03 when he drove up for game 5 as well.

Great guy.. I saw the Devils Jersey and walked over to say hello. He posted about his trip on this board but I'm too lazy to search the archives for it.

We have a few loads of folks driving down to the CA tomorrow...sure wish I could join them.

I think there are a lot of parallels between the two teams- ignored younger brothers of storied "Original Six" teams, a fan base that has no real corporate base to it, which sometimes leads to attendance difficulties, and a strong, defense first style of playing.

That being said, I think it's now the Senator's time, and once we've exorcised the Devils we'll take out the Rangers for you!

hey! BSF!

Edited by barberpole

Always plan ahead! but yeah- looks like we'll have to remove the Sabres!

Hi Devils fans.

Sorry to overload your forum. Nice forum and great to see passionate knowledgable fans.

Good luck to you and if you get by our Sens I will be cheering for you.

Go Sens Go!