Since I am completely done with the Sabres

LOTCB

New Beginning$  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Since I have now seen the truth and cannot stand being a fan of the Sabres, a team that cannot keep up with the Ranger$ Flyer$ and other$, what new team should I select to be my favorite?

• Los Angeles Kings
    • Edmonton Oilers
    • St.Louis Blues
    • San Jose Sharks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe what you want. Go and give up. I still stand by what I said about your team. I bet there are quite a few fans on this site who would rather have the remaining Buffalo roster.

This is NOT about the roster...can't you see that???

You think these guys will be Sabres much longer??? NO

Do you think this team will ever be able to add the pieces needed? NO

Vanek will NEVER be a Sabres past 27-28....he will go to the SAME OLD TEAMS...NOT MUCH has changed more and it will ONLY get worse....so, I REFUSE to waste my time on a franchise that CLEARLY will NEVER do what is necessary to win it all, and watch the best players walk.

Ive had enough.

And YOU were gonna give up at one time too...now you and other Ranger$ fans are giddy, all is ok.

Yeah. I'm real giddy. You know me alright. Because championships are won on paper and not on the ice. You know where I really stand.

Why does everything always have to be this way? I almost think you like not winning because it keeps the legacy of the Buffalo sports fan intact.

It makes me want to see your team win more.

Yeah. I'm real giddy. You know me alright. Because championships are won on paper and not on the ice. You know where I really stand.

Why does everything always have to be this way? I almost think you like not winning because it keeps the legacy of the Buffalo sports fan intact.

It makes me want to see your team win more.

My team? Its definately NOT Buffalo any longer, so I will disagree with you there.

Not like winning? You cant be serious???

I just realized the truth today...and as for the Yankee$...Im done with them too...gotta be con$i$tent

Edited by LOTCB

Dude SAD news..I did go to an Ice Dogs game...they have closed down for business..sucks :(

FYI: After 2 days and this poll closes...winner becomes my new avatar and such!!!

Hey, if these bozos can leave for better $$$$$, why cant we as fan$ do the same???

The SENS!!!!!

Pick the Sharks!

I like the Sharks, though I have to say, the Oil grew on me vs Carolina.

Not the Blues....dunno, just don't like them, and c'mon, the KINGS?

LOTCB:

Other than the fact that I'd reverse first preferences, 3Stars is absolutely right.

Then again, she is a Sens fan, so it's no surprise. :D

My team? Its definately NOT Buffalo any longer, so I will disagree with you there.

Not like winning? You cant be serious???

I just realized the truth today...and as for the Yankee$...Im done with them too...gotta be con$i$tent

This has gone too far. You'll be back.

dude, next season hit me up and we'll catch a few kings games.

my cousin is hardcore red wings fan from detroit...every once in a while we get tix and hit staples...

kings have been bad for a long time, but they are gonna be fun to watch...great coach and some good young talent...frolov is the real deal and kopitar is going to be insane...

plus they just signed zus, nagy, calder, and preissing...

Whatever you say man. We'll see where you stand after another division title and playoff run.

For the Ranger$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$? We sure will...actually you and others will....as i find other things to do then waste time on this league.

For the Ranger$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$? We sure will...actually you and others will....as i find other things to do then waste time on this league.

The Rangers are under the same hard, revenue linked salary cap as every other team. They were conservative on the FA market for two years in a row, developed some useful, cheap players from within, created cap space, and then used it this year. When the Devils spent to the cap for two years running, there wasn't this hue and cry, was there?

I'm not sure what people want -- should the Rangers and the other large market teams play under a smaller cap than everyone else?

The fact of the matter is, not all owners are created equal, not all markets are created equal, and therefore, some teams will do better than others. Sabres fans should be irate with their own front office. 5/25 for Briere was a ridiculous offer -- why did they even bother making it?

For what its worth, I saw an interview with Reiger where he said he's learned his lesson and won't let his prized players get this close to FA status again. Hopefully they will make reasonable offers to their young stars like Miller, Vanek, etc, and will lock them up well in advance of their UFA status.

The Rangers are under the same hard, revenue linked salary cap as every other team. They were conservative on the FA market for two years in a row, developed some useful, cheap players from within, created cap space, and then used it this year. When the Devils spent to the cap for two years running, there wasn't this hue and cry, was there?

Oh sure they were conservative the last 2 years...but now that the cap goes up bigger...now you $ee the true color$ come to the surface...and that will continue, I promise you that

I'm not sure what people want -- should the Rangers and the other large market teams play under a smaller cap than everyone else?

The problem I have with this league is they lie and tell us 'woe is me' we have no TV money, etc...and then the cap is escalated a faster rate to appease the bigger markets...and remember this: Buffalo sold EVERY ticket this year..was tops in merchandise...and that is $till not enough?? Fold then, and save u$ all the trouble...or split the league, put 8-12 big markets in Group A, make them play for the Stanley Cup...and put the rest in another group and create another trophy for them. Or, a better solution, get RID of Buffalo and give them an AHL franchise which is what they deserve in the 1st place.

The fact of the matter is, not all owners are created equal, not all markets are created equal, and therefore, some teams will do better than others. Sabres fans should be irate with their own front office. 5/25 for Briere was a ridiculous offer -- why did they even bother making it?

Because Regier is a fool #1 and #2 the Sabres are cheap...they tricked the fans, and the league tricked us with this lockout/work stoppage. The same old crap will slowly return. I wear the sucker hat no longer, sorry. And sure the Ranger$ make more money, but Bettman wanted this league to be like the big boys and it ruins the teams that help build the league in the first place. The NHL is NOT the NBA Gary.

For what its worth, I saw an interview with Reiger where he said he's learned his lesson and won't let his prized players get this close to FA status again. Hopefully they will make reasonable offers to their young stars like Miller, Vanek, etc, and will lock them up well in advance of their UFA status.

What is the point? Get rid of Vanek and Miller now, you know the big teams will come a knocking sooner or later anyway. Why allow more Sabres fans to foolishly buy their jerseys and watch them leave anyway? The whole process is a joke, and this goes beyond the NHL. Why would Miller want to stay in Buffalo, he is a fool if he does , period. I guess he likes to be lied to, like the Sabres fans were in that PC yesterday.

Edited by LOTCB

Oh sure they wre conserative the last 2 years...but now that the cap goes up bigger...now you $ee the true color$ come to the surface...and that will continue, I promise you that

It can't continue. The Rangers won't be big players in the FA market next summer because of the cap, unless they trade off some expensive players to free up cap room.

The problem I have with this league is they lie and tell us 'woe is me' we have no TV money, etc...and then the cap is escalated a faster rate to appease the bigger markets...and remember this: Buffalo sold EVERY ticket this year..was tops in merchandise...and that is $till not enough?? Fold then, and save u$ all the trouble...or split the league, put 8-12 big markets in Group A, make them play for the Stanley Cup...and put the rest in another group and create another trophy for them. Or, a better solution, get RID of Buffalo and give them an AHL franchise which is what they deserve in the 1st place.

You can't trust a word that comes out of Betteman's mouth. Of course the NHL peddles out that sob story about their revenue when it suits them, and its not true. The real purpose of the lockout was to break the union's back once and for all, and lock in the 46 percent of revenue as the ownership's share in stone. Buffalo gets great support from its fans, and I feel for you that your owner appears to be a cheapskate. But that is not the Rangers fault, or even the league's fault. The blame there falls totally on the ownership of the Buffalo Sabres.

Of course I can't know this with 100 percent certitude since the owners don't open their books, but I'd be STUNNED if the NHL was cooking the books to artificially raise the cap number to "appease" DET, NYR, PHI. and cutting into their own profit. It makes no sense whatsoever. The other teams would be livid.

Because Regier is a fool #1 and #2 the Sabres are cheap...they tricked the fans, and the league tricked us with this lockout/work stoppage. The same old crap will slowly return. I wear the sucker hat no longer, sorry.

Agreed in full here. Although you and I both know deep down there is no way out of fandom. :) I watched the Rangers put out a HORRID, embarrasingly awful product for seven years, and no matter how many times I swore I was done, I always came back.

In any case, anyone who references the old clown banner at CAA is worthy of respect. I have no ill will towards Buffalo even after they broke my heart with that effing goal with 7.7 effing seconds left in Game 5 this spring. Good luck.

Believe what you want. Go and give up. I still stand by what I said about your team. I bet there are quite a few fans on this site who would rather have the remaining Buffalo roster.

Too bad they aren't Nashville/K.C.