If Parise were offered 7 years $50M...

msweet

I don't care how many draft picks Lowe would have to give up. Our draft pick, Parise, has worked out wonderfully, why give him up for 4 ?'s. ?

Because the idea is to put the best team together. If Lowe made an offer to Parise that was reasonable for us to match, that's one thing. But if Parise got a Vanek-like offer, why wouldn't the Devils take the four picks? Parise is good, but do you want to blow your salary structure to sign him? This is all probably a red herring though.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SatansDevils, I laugh whenever I see these predictions from you. If you're rolling the dice in a craps game, I'm playing the Don't Pass line, buddy. :P

Nice to make you laugh there Jerry. :evil: If you really think Parise would leave New Jersey or accept an offer sheet than I will be laughing at you.

BTW, I win lots of money in AC on craps. ;) Can't be right all the time but when it comes to Parise I hope to be for sure.

I really hope Parise is the next Devil great who stays his whole career. Even though I have a funny feeling he will sign a huge contract with another team some where down the road, I still hope Lou makes him good enough offers that will work out for both the Devils and Parise because he is a keeper and I don't think anybody wants to see him leave NJ and become a Devil killer some where else.

After seeing the nonsense with EDM and Vanek this past week, don't you think Lou would want to wrap up Parise A.S.A.P., rather than have to match what will most likely be a ridiculous offer sheet from Lowe?

After seeing the nonsense with EDM and Vanek this past week, don't you think Lou would want to wrap up Parise A.S.A.P., rather than have to match what will most likely be a ridiculous offer sheet from Lowe?

Nope. I'd cross my fingers and hope that Lowe takes the bait. We're not talking 4 29th overall picks. We're talking 4 top-5 picks.

Nope. I'd cross my fingers and hope that Lowe takes the bait. We're not talking 4 29th overall picks. We're talking 4 top-5 picks.

Are they for-sure top-5 picks, though? If that's not guaranteed, then you have to ask if the risk is worth the reward. It's nice to think you might get Tavares, but it's another thing to take the chance and not get him.

Edited by voxangelikus

...because it's 50/50 on 4 different players. I agree that Parise is Lou's golden boy but I think you have to go with the picks, especially since a few of them should be pretty high.

For the 7 million you would be spending on Parise you could find an adequate replacement + you could concievably set yourself up for the next 10 years with strong drafting. This reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys trading Herschel Walker to the Vikings for a ton of picks which helped set up their dynasty of the mid 90's

I think we can't start rebuilding just yet. Marty's still got a few years left in his tank and we should do everything to make sure he goes out on top.

That's the main reason why I'd sign parise and not take the picks.

parise is only in his second season and is playing amazingly, he still has so much potential and it would be horribal to see him go now

Lou will match anything on Parise up to $5.8 mill a season avg, because anything below that avg is 2 firsts, a 2nd and a 3rd and Parise is worth much more than that, over that and it's the 4 1st's and Parise is outta here!

Taveres a Devil perhaps? :boogie: we can all wish!

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO THE LEAF NATION!

:gd: