Environment at Philly games?

Biggie B

I will be moving to Philly after the summer and am considering attending some Devils games in Philly. If anyone has gone to these, how hostile do the fans get? Is it safe to get drunk and root loudly for our boys or should I wear our colors and stay quite?

Did you guys got booed because you wears a New Jersey Devil Shirt at a game in Philly or any other team in the Nhl?

Because i got booed in Montreal as i was walking with my Bro and Dad into the hallways, during the break of the second period (Devils were winning 2-0 )

Did you guys got booed because you wears a New Jersey Devil Shirt at a game in Philly or any other team in the Nhl?

Because i got booed in Montreal as i was walking with my Bro and Dad into the hallways, during the break of the second period (Devils were winning 2-0 )

I actually didn't find Montreal too bad. Of course, I was wearing a Brodeur jersey, and up there, he's like Jesus with a better glove hand.

But I went to Philly last year to see the Isles and Flyers. It was the last week of the season, Isles won, Flyers were in dead last by a long shot, and it was a full house with the Flyer fans still talking smack. So, they support their team, and I'd hate to have to deal with them this year, with a better team. My friend got heckled by an 8 year old.

8 Year Old: "Islanders suck!"

My friend: "Your team is in last place!"

8 Year Old: "But the Islanders still suck."

My friend: (confused pause) "Didn't your parents teach you to respect your elders?"

Man I can't wait for the season to start!! :w00t:

Your good, watch out for a punch to the back of the head if the Devils go up 3-0 though :doh1:

Philly ain't what it use to be ever since they moved in into the big Center, when they use to play in the Spectrum that's when everyone in the whole place was nasty and rowdy. A lot of those fans can't afford tickets anymore.

However in the Center the upstairs is a lot more rowdy than the downstairs.

I live in Philly and have been to a bunch of Devils Flyers games.

You can wear your sweater but be prepared for some crap in the hallways.

When the devils score, stand up and clap for a few seconds then sit the F down. Don't rub anyones face in it. Acknowledge good Flyer plays and if some a-hole is really riding you, buy him a beer and showem you are a good sport.

Really the same rules as anywhere else. If a ranger fan acted this way in the meadowlands or the rock, then who cares?

It, of course, depends on the drunk idiot you run into. But for the most part, if you are not a total a-hole, you can cheer all you want for our boys w/o getting into any fights.

<--------- Always wear my colors. :evil:

I've been to many, many games in Philthy. I have gotten into arguements, and battles of wit, (Philthy phans are usually unarmed in this battle.)

There are always the boos while on the concourse, parking lot, seats, bathroom, line getting in, leaving in celebration, and they boo me into submission when I start a Devils chant :lol: but I have never had to throw down in the Spectrum, FUC, or WACH. :thumbsup:

I ALWAYS wear my gear and cheer LOUDLY. I am rarely in the lower level. Almost ALWAYS the upper level. I've even posed in pictures with Phailure phans who cannot believe how I am dressed in their house. :evil:

Go, wear red and black, cheer, jaw, be a smart hockey fan, you should have NO troubles. But if you do, don't worry, there are usually at least 20 more Devils fans in the building to help out. :unsure: not

I look forward to meeting up at the Wach in the future!

I go to Temple University in North Philly and went to two games this year against the Devils. If you drink, don't get obnoxious because the fans around you will hate you and give you crap.

The most I got was during the pre-season when Philly played the Capitals. I wore my Devils jersey for some reason and really didn't have too much trouble until the end when I was waiting for some friends to get out of the bathroom and some Philly fan got right in my ear and yelled "Devils suck!!!!" but I just laughed because they just got spanked 6-1 by the Caps.

The second Devils game I went to, there were a lot of PHilly fans who knew their team sucked so they were mostly pissed at their own team. There were some kids sitting five rows behind me and my friends who let us have it, but they were idiots. Martin Biron made ONE nice save and the kids go "That's the real Marty!" and the Flyers fan to my right just said "I don't know what sport he's been watching the past 15 years, but that's not the real Marty."

So, yes wear your colors proud and take it like a man.

Go, wear red and black, cheer, jaw, be a smart hockey fan, you should have NO troubles.

Flyers fan chiming in - just like Masked Fan says above and others have also said, as long as you don't go overboard with your behavior, feel free to come and root for the Devils or whatever team you happen to support. Yeah, you'll hear some heckling, but as long as you don't cross the line in retaliation and keep it good natured, you'll be fine.

Just be wise enough to recognize if you're near the drunken loudmouth who wants to pick on someone and provoke a reaction, or to look at it from the other side, make sure you're not that loudmouth. Every arena has those people and it's always best to avoid them.

It really depends on where you sit. If your near some douche bags

who think it's more than just entertainment don't get too rowdy.

I always wear my Devs sweater and wife wears here blinking horns too.

If you can sit LL 15-20 rows up. I'm expecting some fans to have some renewed

energy this year.

And always remember the ticket price is equal or > the IQ of the fans. ;)

Stay quiet =P

Pvssy

I will be moving to Philly after the summer and am considering attending some Devils games in Philly. If anyone has gone to these, how hostile do the fans get? Is it safe to get drunk and root loudly for our boys or should I wear our colors and stay quite?
I have been to Philly many times. For Mets-Phils, Rangers-Flyers, and Giants-Eagles. The truth is, if you do not act like a complete a$$hole, noone will REALLY bother you. They may yell for you to sit down or call you names, but I don't think you have to worry about getting in a fight. On the other hand, I am 6'2" in the 250-260 range, in other words I am not a small person. This past year was the closest. In the mens room, wearing a Rangers jersey, someone said, "You can get your a$$ kicked wearing that down here." I stopped, looked at him and said, "By who? Because you are certainly not kicking my a$$." Even the flyers fans were laughing at him.

The playoffs are really a lot more nasty than anything else. I went to all there games during the 2004 playoffs and I saw a lot of Devils, Leafs, and the few that there were Tampa Bay fans take a lot of abuse.

Last season they were purdy calm

Depends on the night--living in South Jersey I usually go see the Devs at the Flygirls 2 or 3 times a year. I fly our colors and do get some comments but it usually isn't violent and there are quite a few Devs fans there--maybe 10% of the crowd. Careful with the drunk and rowdy but you have to go in your Devilswear.

Thanks everybody, I look forward to making only half an ass out of myself.... :evil:

How do you guys usually go about getting tickets to these games? I want to get some tickets in the lower section, would scalping(sp) them be the easiest and cheapest method?

Edited by Biggie B

Thanks everybody, I look forward to making only half an ass out of myself.... :evil:

How do you guys usually go about getting tickets to these games? I want to get some tickets in the lower section, would scalping(sp) them be the easiest and cheapest method?

*edit*

www.comcasttix.com when they first go on sale, would be the cheapest and easiest thing to do

Edited by Satans Hockey