Devils sign F Arron Asham

empulse27

yea the devils should most definately only match lines sometimes against certain players who you know can do damage to them. I think the devils should spread their wings a little bit and let pandolfo and madden try and score a little bit instead of having their main concentration be on D

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CRASHER: it was demonstrated pretty convincingly that that was a terrible idea last season, and probably the season before it. I mean, Pandolfo and Madden have been minus players the past two seasons - are they really that much better at stopping teams from scoring than our 2nd or first line? I'm not saying give up on matching lines, but just give it a rest sometimes, especially away from New Jersey.

The distribution should go something like 18, 17, 16, 9.

I like how the Rangers tried to build themselves another all-star team to win a Cup, whereas the Devils have actually been putting the components together for an all-around solid team. That's one concept the Rangers never seem to be able to grasp for some reason. You can't throw the best players and the biggest egos together and throw it against the wall and expect it to stick.

Asham, along with our other signings and our new coach, show that the Devils continue to stay devoted to remaining a solid team throughout. That's what won them 3 Cups. And it's why come Sept., everyone will be talking about how much the Devils are going to suck, and it's why come April, they'll still be in the running for the Atlantic Division.

I'm glad everyone's starting to see that having four fairly balanced lines is much better than what we've had in the past.

Now with our first and second line, our third line can be

Madden-Pando-Clarkson --> Clarkson will give the line offense which makes it more balanced

And our fourth line can posstibly be

Viukohla-Brylin-Asham with Rupp/Janssen/Pelley rotating in every once in awhile

Does everyone see how much more offense the fourth line has now with Brylin back there, Viukohla's potential, Asham's 25 points a season, Pelley's potential and Rupp's all-around ability to score a goal every once in awhile? As much as I like Janssen, he really should just go down to Lowell or get traded to a team like St. Louis for a draft pick.

The Devils signed Janssen for three years. I don't think they have any intention of letting him go. He's still the only guy on this team who can take on heavyweights and have a legitimate chance - Rupp is willing to fight some of them but he's just not a very good fighter.

vox, there are still very serious questions for this team on defense. let's not go giving ourselves the division just yet. aaron asham is probably worth 1 win this season.

The fans like Janssen too much to trade him, Lou wouldnt want to move him. I dont think hes really worth any draft picks anyway for the Blues. The Blues have great prospects but i dont think they need a player like Janssen. He works better in a system like our where he plays min time.