Devils sign F Arron Asham

empulse27

Welp, there ya go.

Gotta wonder - with these new sites, are they still under the control of the individual teams as much as before? Could have been someone just at NHL.com sliding Asham onto the roster and giving him his standard number until the Devils could update it.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why aren't we debating what Asham's number is going to be? Presumably 45 isn't kosher by Lou, correct?

Richer wore 44...why not let Asham have 45...Mogs wore 89...I don't understand all the fuss...I doubt Asham cares about his number...he's happy to have a contract :noclue:

Richer wore 44...why not let Asham have 45...Mogs wore 89...I don't understand all the fuss...I doubt Asham cares about his number...he's happy to have a contract :noclue:

First of all, love to see that you're posting, Dew. :)

Second, the few exceptions Lou has made seem to have been for special players - Richer, Mogilny, Gilmour... Weeks (oops!). He's got his way, and he's set on it.

:wub: Dew :wub:

Second, the few exceptions Lou has made seem to have been for special players - Richer, Mogilny, Gilmour... Weeks (oops!). He's got his way, and he's set on it.

He met Weekes halfway. I did think he was going to get 80, but, well, 40 ain't bad.

Though I still miss my Clemmensen... <_<

Yes but I think he has mellowed a bit...his quote using feistiness gave me a chuckle...we may be surprised and see him with 45...wonder what # he wore at Red Deer...would be a hoot if it was 45 :)

Thanks...it has been quite a while for me. Good to see you too :D

:wub: Dew :wub:

He met Weekes halfway. I did think he was going to get 80, but, well, 40 ain't bad.

Though I still miss my Clemmensen... <_<

I miss Clemmy too...wonder why he let him have a "high" number...maybe goalies are "special" ;)

RD...I can sit and bend my knee now...still having issues but I can sit :clap:

My wager: Weekes has been perpetually bummed since double-zip was banned.

:rofl: classic :rofl:

How the heck did I get 2 replies in one post...I couldn't figure it out and all of a sudden I dew nothing and it happens :noclue:

Edited by StarDew

I miss Clemmy too...wonder why he let him have a "high" number...maybe goalies are "special" ;)

RD...I can sit and bend my knee now...still having issues but I can sit :clap:

Well at least I still have my auto'ed Clemmy jersey along with my picture with him...yay.

Hey, that's great! :dance: My knees haven't been TOO bad lately, but you know how it is -- one day at a time...

who says Asham wanted to play for the Islanders? Maybe he didn't want to go back to Long Island?

They just paid Ruslan Fedotenko 3 million to come play there - why shouldn't Asham demand at least 1 million?

And again, the Islanders have a lot of energy guys lying around.

Who knows? The Isles aren't a smart organization.

I LOVE this signing. He's a feisty lil' bugger.

Agreed. :evil:

This is really a good signing by Lou and the Devils. Asham is a hell of a better player than Rasmussen and Janssen. With the addition of Asham, Janssen will be in Lowell thank God. Finally I can say GOODBYE to Rasmussen.

Agreed. :evil:

This is really a good signing by Lou and the Devils. Asham is a hell of a better player than Rasmussen and Janssen. With the addition of Asham, Janssen will be in Lowell thank God. Finally I can say GOODBYE to Rasmussen.

Janssen can't play in Lowell -- he's waiver eligible.