How is everyone doing

stevestevens

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you are right. It can't hurt. I will make an appointment asap.

The x-rays on the CD are pretty cool. I looked at them on my laptop and as I said---really cool---I could magnify the bone. Of course, I have no idea what I'm looking at. Haha.

And my face is a lot better, thanks. It was definitely some sort of reaction to the Differin. Right now I'm just dealing with the usual seasonal allergy stuff. I don't know what is in the air, but my eyes do not like it.

On another random note I got a call today from a PR firm for an interview (I didn't call back to schedule it.. I will tomorrow...I do have jury duty on wednesday, but you know, it could be just for that day so...) BUT I just tried on my ONE interview suit and it does not fit! I know I gained a few lbs, but this is not good. I'm going to have to go out and buy something..... now. I doubt the interview will be this week so I'm not too stressed, but still... sort of stressed. Plus, interviews really stress me out. Though I know I should be happy since I've finalllllly heard back from someone who at least would like to interview me.

Should I tell him the truth? Or just stop talking to him?*(I'M doing this atm, I'm trying to cut off the bridges.)

Yes. He's your friend. Be up front with him. Maybe he's not being himself.

Always be YOURself. Honesty is the best policy. (Except in the cases of dealing with the cops and if yer trying to get laid, of course)

Jury duty suuuuuuuuuuuucks. It really is be'yond boring. Plus, some mid to late 30 year old guy kept staring at me and making me uncomfortable in the wait area..... and then when the majority of us were called upstairs for jury selection the guy comes up to me out of nowhere and says, "You were looking really bored in there. I was noticing." Um yeah... if he didn't notice EVERYONE looked really bored. Then I got lost in the middle of Neward on the way out because I couldn't figure out where 280 West was and every police officer I asked gave me different directions ... and I was so turned around. I called my Dad and he had to talk to me on the phone as I drove around Newark. Now I have to go back on Tuesday. So I had to reschedule my interview to Monday at 9:30am. Oh boy.

In other news Stefanie (of the paying me to drink drama) told my friend Danielle that she's mad at me for not being able to take a joke (the drinking thing) and for embarassing her by "storming out" of her boyfriend's house. A) EMBARASS HER?!?!?!!! Excuse me --I was the one who was sat down at a table and literally BEGGED to take two shots and then yelled at, "fvck it I'm tired of forcing her." and B) I didn't STORM out ---she saw I was visibly upset before leaving --on the verge of tears--and I told her I was going home & I even went out the BACK door so it wouldn't cause a scene. Apparently, she wants me to apologize.

Doh, you got selected? That sucks, hope it's a quick case! While lost in Newark were you able to check out the arena?

Since I moved to Texas I have been called for jury selection three times, local, county, and state. Never got selected though and they sent me my $6 for voir dire. :D When in NJ, the first 30 years of my life, I was never called for jury duty/selection. Then again I heard in Texas almost anything can be eligible for a jury trial so I guess they need more jurors.

One of the grad students is doing jury duty at the mo......she got selected to be on the grand jury for Schenectady county...so for 2+ months she has to go there every weds and Fri.....major bummer, her thesis work is coming along great! But being on the grand jury, they just decide if stuff should go to trial, so they never find out what actually happens. It being Scenectady though she is finding out about lots of very shady stuff.....not sure I'd want to continue living there.

Yeah, I should probably say something of the sort..... I didn't even get the chance to say any of these things yesterday as I wasn't asked any questions and the judge had an apt to go to so she read off some names of people who didn't have to come back on tues --and I don't know why I wasn't one of them.

You don't have to be asked a question. You can just say that due to whatever (topic of the case) you would not be able to provide an unbiased view.

Personally I've never tried to get out of jury duty although I've hoped not to get chosen. I figure if i get chosen, I get chosen and do my duty.

In other news Stefanie (of the paying me to drink drama) told my friend Danielle that she's mad at me for not being able to take a joke (the drinking thing) and for embarassing her by "storming out" of her boyfriend's house. A) EMBARASS HER?!?!?!!! Excuse me --I was the one who was sat down at a table and literally BEGGED to take two shots and then yelled at, "fvck it I'm tired of forcing her." and B) I didn't STORM out ---she saw I was visibly upset before leaving --on the verge of tears--and I told her I was going home & I even went out the BACK door so it wouldn't cause a scene. Apparently, she wants me to apologize.

:rolleyes: She needs to get over it, this is like over a month? 2months?

Wow, people gets things wayyyyyyyyyyy tooooo hardd. If you doesn't want to drink alcool, its your right, not her's one.

But oh well, My friends smoke WEED and Harsch(I DUNT TAKE WEED AND HASCH.) And they want me to get one puff, I told them no. They tried a second time, I re-told them, NO. Then, they said ok fine, we respect your choice. At least my friends respect me, unless that girl that's upset because of you(I don't think so she's your friend.)

Though, I wouldn't refused a couple beers!

:dance:

Edited by TravisZajac

life is jsut hectic right now. my grandma is sick so my aunt is coming in from arizona and i have to give her my room and take the couch. <_< i have a ton of homework then thursday im going to a college for a visit, followed by crazy test friday. At the same time i need to study alot for the SAT on saturday, which after i have to go to seton hall to see my brother for seton hall weekend, i actually love seton hall so that dosent bother me, its my first college choice actually. plus within this i need to practice the songs im playing at a fundraiser to buffer my applications.

life is jsut hectic right now. my grandma is sick

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she's feeling better soon!

I feel like I'm going to vomit. I should be sleeping as I have to catch the 7:45 bus into NYC tomorrow morning for my interview... but I am nervous. I've just been very confused lately---I feel like I'll be nervous if this works out and I get the job--I'm not so sure about PR anymore. I don't know what I want to do. My mom asked me today, "well what do you LIKE to do?" I have no idea. I really just said, "Uh nothing..." *sigh* I don't like this whole growing up thing...

I didn't think about how I'm going to answer questions tomorrow. I'm just going to "wing it" and say whatever comes to me... which may turn out not being a good idea. Also, I hope I don't get really turned around trying to find the office. I am not the best with directions. Oh, and my suit is really nice (I found one at Banana Republic) but I feel like a huge dork in it. I keep looking at myself in the mirror with it on and instead of seeing a confident professional looking 22 year old I think I look like a 16 year old playing dress up. I guess that speaks volumes about my self-confidence. :rolleyes: I hate looking so young.

You shouldn't do that to yourself. You should feel good about yourself because you just completed school and are at the beginning of the journey. Believe me. Plenty of people would love the chance to be at that stage again.

Stand tall and stand proud. And smile! :)

I didn't think about how I'm going to answer questions tomorrow. I'm just going to "wing it" and say whatever comes to me... which may turn out not being a good idea. Also, I hope I don't get really turned around trying to find the office. I am not the best with directions. Oh, and my suit is really nice (I found one at Banana Republic) but I feel like a huge dork in it. I keep looking at myself in the mirror with it on and instead of seeing a confident professional looking 22 year old I think I look like a 16 year old playing dress up. I guess that speaks volumes about my self-confidence. :rolleyes: I hate looking so young.

Well my strength is improv so maybe I am the wrong one to say so.. but if you spend too much time thinking on an answer you WILL botch the reply and companies do like people who can wing it on the fly... give yourself an extra 20 minutes... it IS ok to be there early... you can relax in the car.. put a good song on... or walk in and show you are eager...I'm sure the suit is fine (then again I'm getting sick of being in mine for damn weddings of late :P)... and as someone who looks younger then he is.. never look bad on that blessing... you will enjoy it more and more in upcoming years!!! :thumbsup:

Oh c'mon, you'll be fine! Isn't PR all about "winging it" when you have to explain some odd situation and make sh!t up as you go along? :evil:

As for the suit, is it ill fitting or something? I'm sure you look fine in it. Don't worry about it!

Good luck! B )

Edited by sammyk

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she's feeling better soon!

I feel like I'm going to vomit. I should be sleeping as I have to catch the 7:45 bus into NYC tomorrow morning for my interview... but I am nervous. I've just been very confused lately---I feel like I'll be nervous if this works out and I get the job--I'm not so sure about PR anymore. I don't know what I want to do. My mom asked me today, "well what do you LIKE to do?" I have no idea. I really just said, "Uh nothing..." *sigh* I don't like this whole growing up thing...

Just remember that the point of an interview is not only for the company to decide on you but for you to decide on the company. Whenever I had an interview I was freaking out about, I put myself in that mindset and it helped me be more assertive and relaxed. Half of the fear of interviewing is the fear of rejection, so put it in your mind that you have the oppurtunity to reject the company. If they don't want a 20 something go-getter, their loss!

I also think it's important to be totally honest. People will tell you to grin, say certain things and play the "interview game" when the best idea is to be as honest as possible. If an interviewer throws you a curveball and says, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years", I feel a perfectly reasonable answer is "Hopefully breathing!". If you dont know an answer, say "I don't know...thats a good question" If they can't appreciate you for you, then maybe you really don't belong there...and thats fine! Give an interviewer a chance to know the real you and if that doesn't work for them, tough for them. Odds are that if you play "the game" and get hired, you'll probably end up hating the place in the long run.

Yeah, it's a cliche, but be yourself!

Good luck!!

Edited by Bulletproof

That's some good advice from Bulletproof. You are selling yourself to them but they are doing the same to you in the interview process.

Edited by brodeurrocks

Well, life is interesting for me. I have a couple of parents at school that are driving me crazy. One is a dad that he barges into my classroom without warning, without stopping by the office to check in and then stays forever to talk about NOTHING. The conversations about his daughter last about five minutes and then he talks about how he is divorced and rich. Then he asked me if I knew of any good singles groups. I don't know b/c I am married. Then his daughter has taken it upon herself to tell me how much her dad likes red heads and wants to marry me. I try to do unpleasant things like scoop poop out of the hamster cage when he is around, but nothing seems to shake him. This happens at least 3-4 days out of 5 a week.

Then there is another mom, who has an incredibly irresponsible daughter who always leaves her homework at school. She wants me to write her homework down for her and pack her bookbag to make sure she has everything. I have tried to explain to her that I 26 children and if I tried to do this for all of them it would take forever.

Other than parents, being a teacher is always great. I love the kids, but parents are a pain.