Are we the new Flyers?

eaglejelly

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should sit back, relax, and watch Sutter work his magic.

This team has the potential to go places this year... lets just all chill and get out of our meltdown mode 4 games into the season.

Normally, I would agree with you, but Sutter seems more tragic than magic.

He seems to have no idea how to manage a team at a professional level

I could ride out all the other coaching changes because the team played the same way. I don't recognize the players currently in the Devils uniforms. They are not playing devils hockey.

I wonder what the average posters' blood pressure is on this board...

Judging by the early season freak outs, I'd have to say 154 / 105....

eh, its a hockey message board, and more specifically the hockey section of it. When the team is good most of us talk about that, when the team is sucky we talk about that. Why are people so surprised by that? and how can any of us really "overreact" when you consider that none of us are in a position to alter anything about the team. Passionate fan bases are supposed to get flared up.

It's very early in the season. It's a nine-game road trip. Players are injured.

You have to take this into consideration. It's not like the Devils are THE DEVILS right now. A nine-gamer is rough enough, and doing it with a new coach, a new system, and half your roster on the meat-wagon, you can't expect to be like "OMFG WE IS 9-0-0 ON TEH TRIP!"

Sit back and enjoy the season. Things look a little sh!tty right now but trust me.. when they start enjoying the luxury of HOME GAMES and the adrenaline that The Rock is going to put forth, it'll be a whole new ice-game. Chemistry will develop in time and Marty will be better.

We're talking about the New Jersey Devils here, guys.

These sorts of reasonable posts are not allowed.

I think Patrik Elias will score 0 goals this season - amirite guys? He's got none so far!

Zubrus sucks - get him off the team!

I'd rather have JP playing than Zach Parise, and by the way Brodeur's playing, he makes Jordan Parise look good! Trade him too!

I wouldn't be surprised if the Devils come off the road trip 3-6. That doesn't mean their season is over or that they can't be a good team.

Edited by Triumph

These sorts of reasonable posts are not allowed.

I think Patrik Elias will score 0 goals this season - amirite guys? He's got none so far!

Zubrus sucks - get him off the team!

I'd rather have JP playing than Zach Parise, and by the way Brodeur's playing, he makes Jordan Parise look good! Trade him too!

I wouldn't be surprised if the Devils come off the road trip 3-6. That doesn't mean their season is over or that they can't be a good team.

Man and I thought Derek cracked early you're of your rocker

If he continues at this pace you are right. 0 * 82 = 0.

My accidental omission of the :P smiley might have made it seem like I was serious, because it is hard to detect sarcasm over the net, so I am here to clear things up. I might be angry about the loss, but I haven't lost my mind completely. :)

Edited by devils26

How about you wait for our defence to get back from the hospital before you call the team "mediocre". Or "the Flyers".

I don't know if you could consider Colin White the whole defense. His return will be a boost to the club, but that's not all that is needed to make the team no longer mediocre. Other guys will have to step up too.

• 4 months later...