Are we the new Flyers?

eaglejelly

I feel like this is me playing fantasy baseball watching people dump Albert Pujols because he got off to a bad start.

ha ha ha that's a good analogy.

now I know who those guys are who picked up Ian Kinsler or JJ Hardy.

The Devils don't have a #1 or #2 defenseman. Neither do a lot of teams. There's very few legitimate #1s in the league - Pronger, Chara, Bouwmeester, Lidstrom. That's about it. The second tier are guys like Visnovsky, Rafalski, Timonen, etc.

Edited by Triumph

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what i was thinking after this loss tonight! But no, there are many much worse teams this year than us like atlanta!

i think to improve we should: Fire Sutter ReHire Robinson or move up MaClean, Make Elias Captain again, go back to the trapping style until we can find a good solid defense,put all the lines together from last year! Basically do everything we did last year until lou feels like getting a good all-star defensman!

While we're at it lets bring back Stevens, dump Brodeur for Chico, sign Forsberg, and trade Matvichuk for the suspended Scott Niedermayer, where he will make a surprise announcement to play and lead the team to the Stanley Cup.

Seriously people, I understand there is a lot of anger amongst us fans, but we have to actually give this team more than 4 games before we start proclaiming the season is a bust. Its only October.

I think the panicing from most is coming from the fact that we just got shut out by a bad team. But then again I'm not panicing because I didn't expect much. What first 10 games on the road, one of our top offesnsive players injured, one of our only real defensemen gone for possilby a very long time and what your shocked by this start?

Our core is there. It's young, it has talent, and it's going to get better.

The Flyers were old and needed a completely new core.

Those are the two biggest differences I can see.

Yea Metalli, as usual it seems lately, you're way off the mark with the "laughable".

I think the panicing from most is coming from the fact that we just got shut out by a bad team. But then again I'm not panicing because I didn't expect much. What first 10 games on the road, one of our top offesnsive players injured, one of our only real defensemen gone for possilby a very long time and what your shocked by this start?

I don't thikn Florida is that bad. They have some very very good players on that team. I know Vokoun has had a rough start, aside from tonight, but this guy was an all star (no?)...Horton, Weiss, Jokinen, Bouwmeester...they have some great players.

If I've been overexagerating lately, then I apologize. However, it's just a frustrating situation. For me personally, I don't think it's so much of 'panic setting in after 4 games' as it is confirming my fears/doubts from the offseason, that this team just isn't all that impressive, and too many things have to go our way to have any sort of success.

Well this is my first year to be on the site at the beginning of the season. I gotta say I am feeling pretty sad right now. Not because the Devils have started the season looking pretty bad, but because almost all of you are crying about it. Give them a brake!! We are Devils fans here....not Rags fans. We stick behind our players, coaches and GM!!! In good times and bad....right??? This is a new system and it takes a while to teach old dogs new tricks. We all know Lou is a great GM and will do what it takes to get a winning season out of these guys. Now take it easy.....kick back and sip some :koolaid:

Well this is my first year to be on the site at the beginning of the season. I gotta say I am feeling pretty sad right now. Not because the Devils have started the season looking pretty bad, but because almost all of you are crying about it. Give them a brake!! We are Devils fans here....not Rags fans. We stick behind our players, coaches and GM!!! In good times and bad....right??? This is a new system and it takes a while to teach old dogs new tricks. We all know Lou is a great GM and will do what it takes to get a winning season out of these guys. Now take it easy.....kick back and sip some :koolaid:

I applaud your valiant efforts, fair lad, but this is not uncommon grounds here at majestic NJDevs.com. This is common nature here -- freaking out, premature nervous breakdowns, calling for trades and firings galore. Believe me, the longer you stay, the more accustomed you shall grow to these occurrences. :)

We're not that bad but I'm not as confident as I was about making the playoffs. Playing without Langenbrunner, White, and starting on the road has already put us in a hole. Of course it's early but every game we drop now is another game we will have to win in March to get the last few points needed to sneak in. On the plus side there are no teams in the East, aside from Ottawa, that have really impressed me so far.

I daresay over the course of the season, every team will lose 3 out of 4 games at one point. Every game so far has been away, it's only the start of the season and remember, it's a marathon not a sprint.

Ah the mythology. He has NOT won at every level. He is 1-3 as an NHL coach and doing a great job dismantling Devils hockey.

Its one thing coaching your kids teams, it another thing to coach professionals.

I know its early, but this is the first time in long, long time, that I don't feel confident about the direction of the team. We have the players and if Lou or Johnny Mac were behind the beach we would be a much better TEAM.

I think Lou is the first one to look over at the life boats. I don't think he will panic, but he has to be concerned as his winning program is being dismantled.
Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976