Arlette?

NJDevs26

I didn't see this get too much play in the game thread but what happened last night? She sings the Canadian anthem then someone else comes out to sing the US anthem? If anything it should have been the other way around though I don't understand why she didn't just sing both, she's so popular and the crowd was stunned when someone else came out. I thought maybe she had a train to catch or something :lol:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see this get too much play in the game thread but what happened last night? She sings the Canadian anthem then someone else comes out to sing the US anthem? If anything it should have been the other way around though I don't understand why she didn't just sing both, she's so popular and the crowd was stunned when someone else came out. I thought maybe she had a train to catch or something :lol:

Umm. Emmy Rossum > Arlette

I guess it was just for the opening night.. they wanted to bring in a name person.

Of course I had no idea who she was.. the person with me did, but I had no clue .

I didn't have a problem with Rossum and no one in my section seemed to boo her either. Best thing is she didn't add her own spin to the Anthem and that gets extra points from me. I'm sure Arlette will return to her regular duties for the rest of the games.

Edited by sammyk

when i was waiting outside before the game i saw arlette. she was comming up the curb and knowing how tactfull i am i screamed ARLETTE! i scread the crap out of her but she ws so sweet. :)

screw this other bitch...artlette is the voice of new jersey...

The so called other bitch:

emmy_rossum.jpg

only in looks :P

Arlette is a HUNDRED times the better singer

the other chick got booed silly which was awesome :)

No it shows our fans are dicks and have no class.

when i was waiting outside before the game i saw arlette. she was comming up the curb and knowing how tactfull i am i screamed ARLETTE! i scread the crap out of her but she ws so sweet. :)

screw this other bitch...artlette is the voice of new jersey...

Yea, screw the hotter more talented singer who, may I add, is an excellent actress.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Not to sound cheesy or anything, but the new place was shiny and, well, new. It doesn't feel like home yet. But having Arlette's familiar face and voice there for the anthem kinda made it feel like home. Then she got booted for some broad from Broadway. It's not like it was Springsteen or someone like that.

Arlette actually got a pretty big ovation when she was announced. Like I said before, it seemed to suck some of the life out of the crowd when she left before our anthem. Did anyone else feel that way?

Not to sound cheesy or anything, but the new place was shiny and, well, new. It doesn't feel like home yet. But having Arlette's familiar face and voice there for the anthem kinda made it feel like home. Then she got booted for some broad from Broadway. It's not like it was Springsteen or someone like that.

Arlette actually got a pretty big ovation when she was announced. Like I said before, it seemed to suck some of the life out of the crowd when she left before our anthem. Did anyone else feel that way?

Guys, take it from someone who has worked in the studio with Rossum....she's not all that

Don't be decieved by the makeup and image. Having worked with a host of pro's in music... I found her to be not quite the brightest bulb in the set, rude, and self-absorbed.

The fact was there was purely to promote her own album...she's probably never even been to a game before.

Then the 10 minute interview about her career while most guys sat mesmerized. (Yeah, singers can write songs - words on a page are poetry...try putting some chords and notes together...oh wait someone else comes in and does that for me....come one!) :puke:

The whole thing screamed sell out to me.

They should have took the time to interview the person whose sung at so many Devil games to get her take on the experience that night.

Who's are next special guest...Hannah Montana, Hillary Duff :doh1: ?

Edited by DevilinLA